It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA report TR R-277:Evidence of unknown lunar activity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Hey guys... I ran across this on accident:
www.mufor.org...

NASA report TR R-277 is a catalogue of unusual lunar observations that have been made over the last four centuries. Though many of these 'sightings' can be explained as simple meteor strikes... there are several records of light flashes being observed in the same areas for months or years at a time. The crater Aristarchus, for instance, was observed to 'flash' several times over an extended period... Now, personally, I find it hard to see how random meteor strikes could hit the same place several times in a row. If any place other than the moon was the subject of these observations... one might be forced to confront the idea that continous activity of some sort was going on in some of these hot spots.

But what kind of 'activity'? Giant ships being launched, bombs exploding... or just unexpected geological or magnetic events?

Here is a map of the moon that is large enough to give readers an idea of where some of these repeat flashes are occuring:
www.oarval.org...

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
all i can think of is TMA-1.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
You can remove the '?'

Notice the interest in events from the past.

That interest extends beyond this document and farther into the past than you might think.

E_T

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Those are called Lunar Transient Phenomenas.

I would say meteorite impacts as one reason for them (in those places where they happen only once), remember that moon doesn't have atmosphere so even small fist sized rocks cause explosion when hitting surface.
Other reason would be gas erupting under surface.
Then there's tidal stresses and forces it causes to lunar "bedrock". (piezoelectric effect)

www.lpl.arizona.edu...
www.ltpresearch.org...
farshores.250free.com...

new topics

top topics

join