It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Canadian Jihadist - Interview with Vice Media (Claims attack on NY is in the plans)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Seems legit, kinda. I mean our wonderful gov has pretty much neutered our state with his new gun laws so an unarmed population would make for an easy open target. And I am stating this here and now, if anything were to happen I hope to hell he is held responsible because of his crazy ideas. Maybe there is a bigger reason for the gun grabs?...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

The interviewer seems to be taking it seriously but the interviewee comes off as a dude with a fuzzy feed in his parent's basement.

He's even putting on an accent when its clear that he speaks perfect English...

I dont know if this is staged or what but it comes off as a bit silly.

That having been said, I think its totally possible that another attack could occur on US soil but it will be another inside job.

Elements within our government will be directly involved or they will have advanced knowledge and let it occur, which is exactly why they're leaving the border wide open.

As William Cooper said when he was predicting the 9/11 false flag, their goal is to completely strip us of our rights and they need more false flag attacks to do it:

edit on 27-9-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: minkmouse

No I don't. Simply because they're part of the agenda whether we see it or not. Nothing gets that big unless it's useful.

So you don't watch vice but you have your mind made up on them? Care to list some of your trusted new sources?

I'm very critical of #ty journalism, but vice actually covers both sides and allows them to speak in their own words. They've covered ISIS fighters, as well as Syrians and Kurdish Peshmerga who are fighting them. In the Ukraine they've covered Ukrainians, and Pro-Russian fighters. I think they are one of the few that practice journalistic integrity.

If you actually watch the treatment Vice gives to these stories you'd realize very quickly that they are far superior to CNN, FOX and the other news networks you listed above. They don't feed all the same talking points and usual bull#, they go to the front lines and show both sides.

I'll take what vice on the frontlines over some random conspiracy blog dreaming up theories in their basement.

I challenge you to watch vice's coverage and tell me what they are doing wrong as journalists.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

Vice is just another form of system controlled media. Instrumental in the manufactured "mass awakening".

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Vice is just another form of system controlled media. Instrumental in the manufactured "mass awakening".

what are your trusted sources?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: concernedcitizen519

What an idiot.

I have a message for him.

WE will stop when you are all dead. When your injustices cease by your hands not committing them. We will stop when your tongue stops spewing words of hatred. We will stop when your mind no longer thinks of violence and destruction.

As far as NY. Do it. It will make OUR resolve greater. We dont fear tyrants and killers. If you were truly men of God you would release your prisoners and put down your weapons. You dont because you serve your masters, not God.

About your masters...They only seek power and the promise of future wealth. They serve the very evil you supposedly fight against. You dumbasses.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

There's no such thing as trusted sources in this day and age. There's both fiction and fact in each article. It's up to the "consumer" to realize what's truly genuine.

I won't ask you what your sources are because like the rest of us, your sources are sadly not trusted.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Everything else the "jihadist" stated was absolute fear mongering nonsense...
If anyone believes that NY would be attacked again you obviously need to look at the government instead of IS...
Because there is no way the government would allow it to happen twice unless they wanted to!

edit on 27-9-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

There's no such thing as trusted sources in this day and age. There's both fiction and fact in each article. It's up to the "consumer" to realize what's truly genuine.

I won't ask you what your sources are because like the rest of us, your sources are sadly not trusted.

I guess cliche cop out's are a lot easier than taking in information and using critical thought as a filter.

You already admitted you haven't watched their coverage, but that hasn't stopped you from having opinions on it.

I'm not saying Vice is the most perfect trust worthy news of the world, but comparing their coverage to the CNN and FOX with out ever watching it, says something about your critical process. You already have your don't trust anyone narrative, and anyone who says anything about any story is just TPTB brainwash, yet you have strong opinions on the world around you. It just seems intellectually inconsistent.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

There's no way the people who control the US would ever allow it to happen unless it's part of their agenda. I agree 100%. If it's not in the plan, it doesn't happen.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Because I don't fall for the brainwashing? I must really be intellectually inconsistent.

And the original question was "You don't watch much Vice do you?" which my answer to was no.

Have I seen Vice? Yeah.

Do I think it's any better, less complicit, filled with media tools any less than any other "media" outlet? No. How can anything but propaganda get on the air today when they decide who gets on and what's released?

The only thing cliche is the argument that places like Vice are any different than the rest because they present themselves differently.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Having seen this video, this person in short is announcing the intention to attack. It is a ploy to try to get the fear up in the USA. And that is far more devastating than anything else, fear.

The problem that many of these fighters, those who would attack or even promote such an attack in the USA fail to take into account is that such attacks have ramifications that will be far reaching and far more damming than the initial attack. The USA teeters on the precipice of fear already. The think that an attack will be successful, only to have it fail and ultimately, bring out the worse part of human nature.

And as much as the belief that we are forgiving, the reality is that the USA is not forgiving at all, that many tend to remember and not forget. For many times we have been forgiving, and ultimately be willing to allow to let bygones fade in some interest, and other parts are slow to heal, like a festering wound that is constantly picked. Right now the country is still simmering from 9/11 that many would believe that Islamic extremist was responsible for. And there have been flare ups of prejudice and bigotry that has occurred, from just after such an event to even today.

Another attack will only serve to get the country to fully be against those who are Islamic, to the point of where the Muslim community in the United States of America will be under fire and ultimately suspect. They have already gone through one witch hunt; would they be willing to go through another one, where it is far worse? Where their every action would now be suspect and possibly damming to them?

Heaven help us all if they do this, as it will only mean that the people who are in the middle are now convinced that Islam is no longer acceptable or tolerated in the USA.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Because I don't fall for the brainwashing? I must really be intellectually inconsistent.

And the original question was "You don't watch much Vice do you?" which my answer to was no.

Have I seen Vice? Yeah.

Do I think it's any better, less complicit, filled with media tools any less than any other "media" outlet? No. How can anything but propaganda get on the air today when they decide who gets on and what's released?

The only thing cliche is the argument that places like Vice are any different than the rest because they present themselves differently.

Vice is internet based, the same internet that ISIS uses to host their videos, the same internet that hosts ATS, Alex Jones, and every other conspiracy site. Youtube is full of "exposed" videos that take on the official government story, and they are still up.

What ever source informs your strong opinions is also still around, despite the fact that you say it wouldn't be.

I know it's not popular to stand up for any source on this site, but Vice's coverage is far superior to wolf blitzer sitting in front of a screen that flashes violent images while he basically says "boogie boogie boogie". Hearing why people in the ME are fighting from their own mouth is something I've never seen on FOX. presenting yourself differently, is actually a pretty big deal when you are actually covering both sides and letting them tell their own stories. It a big difference from Bill O'riley sitting on TV and yelling at people to push his agenda.

Presentation is everything in journalism, and vice has more integrity than most major sources IMO. This specific video is pretty weak, but in general their coverage has a lot more balance than CNN and fox.

edit on Seppm03pm302014-09-27T15:57:21-05:0003America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Yes and the same internet created by and run by TPTB if you trace the money back.

I don't fall for FOX, I don't fall for Rense, Huffington, CNN, Jon Stewart, Hannity, Levin, Limbaugh. CBS, ABC, Drudge, random internet crusader #1.

It's all the same. The presentation is different, the money still comes from the same source. It's like accepting a Trojan horse into your gated yard because it's shaped differently. The results are the same.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Yes and the same internet created by and run by TPTB if you trace the money back.

I don't fall for FOX, I don't fall for Rense, Huffington, CNN, Jon Stewart, Hannity, Levin, Limbaugh. CBS, ABC, Drudge, random internet crusader #1.

It's all the same. The presentation is different, the money still comes from the same source. It's like accepting a Trojan horse into your gated yard because it's shaped differently. The results are the same.

Do you think America has any genuine enemies? If so, who are they, and how do you know that?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Hook line and singer you gobbled and you're floundering around on the bottom of the lake. Spit the hook out and come up for air dude!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
He's talking a good talk but it's just hype. 1000's of western prisoners? Very doubtful. Thousands of western jihadis is willing to die for Allah. I'll believe it when I see it.
edit on 27-9-2014 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: minkmouse

By thinking outside the box? So the ones falling for it aren't taking it hook, line and sinker?

As a free thinker I'm breathing fine.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Of course we do. Not only from the outside but a population that's oblivious, and easily herded.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join