It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Canadian Jihadist - Interview with Vice Media (Claims attack on NY is in the plans)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is troubling, to say the least. I just stumbled upon this video a few minutes ago and thought it was worth sharing since no one posted it here yet (as far as I can see). This 21 year old dude left Calgary to join ISIS in Syria and was believed to be killed, until recently. He was interviewed by the Owner of VICE (who was reporting from NY), by means of Skype. He mentions plans for a "brilliant" attack New York and his people are "mobilizing". He also mentions that they have thousands, not hundreds, of Western civilians who have joined their fight to bring the terror back home.

This was pretty eye-opening.

news.vice.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Found it on the Youtube
a reply to: concernedcitizen519

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Are these people the International Brigades of our time?..S&F BTW.

ps, Just a small observation, @ the bit where he burns his passport i got the feeling this was filmed somewhere on the east coast of Canada or the USA in fall rather than Iraq....just something about the trees/scenery around them.
edit on 27-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Watching now.
I've included the most interesting excerpts from what this guy said. He was VERY passionate.

"No one recruited me."

He says someone from the government interviewed him a few days before he left, and they just let him go. Didn't even catch him.

"Upwards of 10-15 thousand (foreign fighters)"

Biggest enemies right now: "The world."

"A lot of brothers there (in NY) are mobilizing now. Mobilizing for a brilliant attack, my friend."

"We don't like fighting. (...) If you leave us alone, we'll leave you alone."

"Give us our freedoms, you know? If we want Shariah Law, leave us alone." (talking about life in America)

"Now we have a prisoner from the Emirates, a fighter pilot."

"We have thousands of prisoners from the West that we can behead. (Only Allah knows) if I have your cousin here, you don't know. Or your uncle. Maybe we have them with us, but you don't know. Do you have family in the military? Do you? Maybe you have a friend that has family in the military? And maybe we have his brother. Maybe we have his uncle."

"Come to me, I will come to you. Attack one of us, we'll attack one of you." (stated purpose behind beheadings)

"I know thousands of people living in the West, who are ready right now, to make an operation in your land."

"When I'm in the battlefield, I see heaven, I see heaven. And what do your soldiers see when they come fight us? They go crazy. They commit suicide. That's the difference between me and you."

"When we crucify Benjamin Netanyahu for his war crimes, maybe we will stop. When we fly our flag over the White House, maybe we will stop."

Wow, these are some powerful threats here.

Brace yourselves, everybody. Things are going to get hot.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
VICE has done extensive media coverage of this whole situation and honestly they have been right in the dragons lair of all this before ISIS even became a problem.
ISIS allows this because they thrive off attention to get new members to join, the thing is VICE is pretty much an internet based media operation so not many people really know it's there.
The true intentions of ISIS is to get a stable Islamic state (which will never happen) and then go off to 'get' the rest of the world.
It might sound alarming, but the truth is NY is ALWAYS on their toes when it comes to terrorists and groups like ISIS. It's nothing more than some random ISIS member flexing and trying to the 'leader' of this whole 'movement'.
I'm not sure who this guy is, but it's a classic case of to many chefs in the kitchen. Who is really running this ISIS? It all seem screwed up to me.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

We shall see.
He might just be full of it too. I wonder if he is connected to anyone that is involved in planning a grand attack, or if he is just a standard head slicer? I don't know.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If Allah is real, he's been #ting on the Arabs since the dawn of time.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
What I'm seeing here is potentially a very grave situation. Where ever you have discontent within the Muslim community globally, you have the possibility of "recruitment" and I don't know about you, but I'm fully aware of just how many Muslims I share my patch of ground with. They are seemingly peaceful at the moment but who knows what feelings some of them have deep within? The more powerful ISIS gets in the ME, the more potential for it to become a huge problem in your communities. I remember reading a book in the 70's put out by the Baha'i faith and I'll never forget what was said, I paraphrase here..."The world has seen nothing that will compare to the destruction and mayhem the Muslims will inflict upon the world in times to come!" And here we are!

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
We'll see what happens, I guess. I mean... Can we really trust anything that terrorists say? Can we trust them when they say they will attack somewhere? These people are only powerful when they are feared, so they will continue to try to strike fear into people.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It's all such a big show. If he was really considered a threat they would've tracked down everything about him and taken him out. I don't buy these "journalists" interviewing troublemakers. If this was all a genuine situation, he would've been shot or bombed already.

Vice is part of it just as much as CNN, FOX, Huffington, Drudge, etc.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
It's all such a big show. If he was really considered a threat they would've tracked down everything about him and taken him out. I don't buy these "journalists" interviewing troublemakers. If this was all a genuine situation, he would've been shot or bombed already.

Vice is part of it just as much as CNN, FOX, Huffington, Drudge, etc.

I don't know that he'd be taken out. The fear of an attack is something that the government uses to control us in a way, I think. People who are fearful are easier to control.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I gather you don't watch many Vice reports then?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
All these hateful daeshi losers should just go kill each other. I'm tired of people hurting others who aren't hurting anyone.

There's no point here for them to make unless they are trying to prove how stupid and ugly they are inside.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: minkmouse

No I don't. Simply because they're part of the agenda whether we see it or not. Nothing gets that big unless it's useful.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

If they could attack NYC, then they wouldn't have some lower level plebe sit there and talk about it, they'd just do it. So sorry, I'm not buying his bravado about thousands in NYC just waiting for the hit order. It's wishful thinking on his part - IMHO

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

That speaks volumes about your perception I guess.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

If they could attack NYC, then they wouldn't have some lower level plebe sit there and talk about it, they'd just do it. So sorry, I'm not buying his bravado about thousands in NYC just waiting for the hit order. It's wishful thinking on his part - IMHO

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I don't think he's saying that all those thousands are all in NY; that really would be foolish to think, and quite a feat to accomplish in itself. You can't "just do" a terror attack (at least an attack the size of the one this person is talking about), it takes weeks to months, even years of planning. Perhaps the people that are really there are preparing for something major that's about to happen? I don't believe everything this guy says, but it'd be stupid not to take all threats seriously.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If they would just think critically they might just win the hearts and minds of all. Terrorists of all kinds should be going after Bankers and Corporations not the puppets and the people they control. Don't attack the results...Attack the cause!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
They are trying to strike fear into the hearts of our countries with false claims and misdirections. That is what the terrorist is good at, creating terror. So let me warn everyone here, do not give into fear, and do not let these animals try and move you in the direction they are planning to. You are in control and so are our Countries. No Muslim that is a true believer in Allah and the ways of the Koran would be behind this kind of movement. These are RADICAL Islamist and they have a very twisted view. The Western world has been hated for trying to eradicate Islam in other nations, and yes this could very well be seen as what is happening but it is not. These IS bastards are a joke among Muslims and the whole world. Full of lies and deceit, these are only sympathizers and grassroots terrorists because they just want to jump on the band wagon. The gates of hell eerily await them. I did notice in his first video he was fat, and now he looks like skin and bones. Must have been a good decision on his part, he sure misses McDonald's.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join