It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Persons Information

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I've got a short video I'd like to post about a person who is missing. Which forum should I post it in?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Twitter.

It will get a lot better circulation on Twitter then it would here.

Theres also www.namus.gov, www.missingpeople.org.uk..., and www.facebook.com... .

Just a suggestion. I hope it helps and i hope the lost are found.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

Twitter.

It will get a lot better circulation on Twitter then it would here.

Theres also www.namus.gov, www.missingpeople.org.uk..., and www.facebook.com... .

Just a suggestion. I hope it helps and i hope the lost are found.

Thanks. already spread around on the two links. I don't have twitter, but wanted to share here. Just don't know what forum here to use.

Come to think of it, ATS should have a missing person's forum IMO.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

If you want I can reach out to a few accounts on Twitter for you. PM me the link. As long as is legit I'll spread that around the net with some speed. I try to help with campaigns for Amber alerts, missing people... quite a few others. I'd be happy to help you with this.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Done.

Would still like to hear from a Mod as to what forum to post this in.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
As awesome as it is that you're tryinng to help, ATS doesn't genrtally allow members to engage in activism for any kind of cause, be it good or bad.

Exceptions are rarely made in an attempt for ATS to remain impartial.

BUT!

File an alert and the staff will come to a consensus.

-Tenth

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
As awesome as it is that you're tryinng to help, ATS doesn't genrtally allow members to engage in activism for any kind of cause, be it good or bad.

Exceptions are rarely made in an attempt for ATS to remain impartial.

BUT!

File an alert and the staff will come to a consensus.

-Tenth

I'm a little confused.

"Activism" is defined as: the policy or action of using vigorous campaigning to bring about political or social change.

Considering the abundant nature of threads here on ATS that are about political and social things (take climate change for example, or the different cultural societies around the world that we talk about on here), it sounds like you're saying that's not allowed.

That aside: I'm not actively recruiting anyone for a cause, simply was asking where I can post information on a missing person.

I will alert the thread I created. However, I am rather concerned that people wanting to locate a missing person would be considered against the TCs here.

But, your house, your rules.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

It's not personal.

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

It's not personal.

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

Well, as I said: your house, your rules.

top topics

join