It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signaling Post-Snowden Era, New iPhone Locks Out N.S.A.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I completely understand the downsides for legitimate investigations, but the government should have thought about that before they illegally invaded the privacy of millions of American citizens, as well as foreign citizens. Because of their actions we have been forced to take action to keep our privacy, when we never should have been forced into such a corner. So what I hear the government saying is that they basically want us to shut up and take it, and not institute any measures, which although legal, would hinder them in their diabolical and un-Constitutional practices.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
You said it Jiggy. If the government had not abused the 4th amendment like they have, I may have felt differently. I am noticing the blowback from law enforcement and it has me scratching my head. Is all of this a ploy to trick the "bad guys" into using these devices at the same time Apple works to repair its image? But then I read headlines like this:

POLICE: 'Apple Will Become The Phone Of Choice For The Pedophile'

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

I would be interested in hearing from some of our more tech savvy ATSers on this encryption method and how tough it really is.
My BS meter always perks up when I hear "We need this to protect you from terrorists and kidnappers". I despise hearing that because when you listen more closely, you can hear the 4th amendment crunching under very boots that belong to someone that swore to uphold it.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Apple is a business. They hold more data about their users than the world's security services combined.

I would not trust Apple as far as I could chuck a bent iPhone.

Regards

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
We're in the Information Age, get over it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join