It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greta from Fox chases an F-22 in a two seat F-16!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It depends on the radar. An LPI radar doesn't give warning until the radar on the missile goes live.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Isnt that the AI's job? I though its main concern was energy maintenance?
edit on 27-9-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

One more point. This energy issue was with the EF in WVR.

There is nothing on any other potential adversary-which the EF is not-that suggests a similar energy issue.....

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Nice video but I don't think the F-16 deserved to be called a dog by Greta. It's not like the F-16 driver was trying to keep up or even do much of anything but let Greta watch the Raptor from the back seat.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Ahh, terminal homing. Still sounds the charge. Where are they?

Behind the missiles. Counter measures. Break hi and right. Call Tally.

Dozens or more of the targets fall as the raptors close but dozens of Migs continue to close with the target. They know the raptors can't possibly kill them all. Some fighters break to divert the enemy but the rest are ordered to stay on target.

Protect the bombers.

Meanwhile, in the gulf, the flat tops sit, (LSTs) for incoming waves of hyper sonic sea skimming missiles and waves of bombers and fighters also loaded with more missiles.

Just then the under sea rocket mines and torpedoes begin exploding under the hulls of the fleet.

I hope the few victorious raptors have enough fuel to reach safe haven on land.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I think the issue with the F-22 getting beat because of energy bleed was quit a while ago when they were still learning how to use them against dissimilar adversaries. I think they have learned from those engagements and the pilots know what to do, or not to do now to a much better degree. I haven't heard of the stories leaking out about the F-22 getting "handled" by anyone else in a long time, and they have participates in a number of exercises.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Since when do F-22s rely on carriers.

I'm glad that, with your expert knowledge of tactics that you've already won the battle. In the real world you'd be in for a hell of a surprise though.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Ahh, terminal homing. Still sounds the charge. Where are they?

Behind the missiles. Counter measures. Break hi and right. Call Tally.

Dozens or more of the targets fall as the raptors close but dozens of Migs continue to close with the target. They know the raptors can't possibly kill them all. Some fighters break to divert the enemy but the rest are ordered to stay on target.

Protect the bombers.

Meanwhile, in the gulf, the flat tops sit, (LSTs) for incoming waves of hyper sonic sea skimming missiles and waves of bombers and fighters also loaded with more missiles.

Just then the under sea rocket mines and torpedoes begin exploding under the hulls of the fleet.

I hope the few victorious raptors have enough fuel to reach safe haven on land.

Here is where you make the fatal error. Raptors are not sea based fighters they are land based. ALso if we are going to have a shooting match in the gulf we will NOT repeat WILL NOT do so UNTIL those hypersonic missile launchers are taken care of before hand. The US navy is not stupid. Also they willl have underwater drones go in first as well to destroy those underwater hazards as well.

SEAram and CIWS take care of wave hugging missiles as well. They are designed to do that job and can these days very efficiently. SEAram has a 95 percentile kill rate on sea skimmers(and thats each missile itself not the entire system) In single attack and multiple missile attack. The Navy learned since that wargame they held the last time in the gulf.

It sounds like you are just getting mad and tossing out propaganda and wishes. Oh ill post AMRAAMs potential below. it doesnt lock on till its within range the enemy pilot cant avoid easily or see it coming.

AMRAAM uses two-stage guidance when fired at long range. The aircraft passes data to the missile just before launch, giving it information about the location of the target aircraft from the launch point and its direction and speed. The missile uses this information to fly on an interception course to the target using its built in inertial navigation system (INS). This information is generally obtained using the launching aircraft's radar, although it could come from an infrared search and tracking system (IRST), from a data link from another fighter aircraft, or from an AWACS aircraft.

After launch, if the firing aircraft or surrogate continues to track the target, periodic updates—such as changes in the target's direction and speed—are sent from the launch aircraft to the missile, allowing the missile to adjust its course so that it is able to close to a self-homing distance where it will be close enough to "catch" the target aircraft in the basket (the missile's radar field of view in which it will be able to lock onto the target aircraft, unassisted by the launch aircraft).

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Although the Raptor 'could' take off from a carrier, rotating under 1000 ft. not unlike the Tokyo raid in WWII.

Put the Nimitz class carrier into the wind at flank-a good 50 mph plus- and a Raptor could plop down on the deck undamaged....

Just saying...Although the FEMFs would be increasing their Prozac dosages....

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman

I think the issue with the F-22 getting beat because of energy bleed was quit a while ago when they were still learning how to use them against dissimilar adversaries. I think they have learned from those engagements and the pilots know what to do, or not to do now to a much better degree. I haven't heard of the stories leaking out about the F-22 getting "handled" by anyone else in a long time, and they have participates in a number of exercises.

French rafale in 2010 took one out...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Since when do F-22s rely on carriers.

I stand corrected. Apologies to You and Yuppa. Apparently they were planning a carrier swing variant but like other variants, performance problems and discontinuation of production, the Raptor is a failure destroyed by its own exorbitant costs and "technical' complexity".

By the way, the US hasn't "won" a war since WWII. But I enjoy these threads to bear out the "we can't lose" attitude displayed by the warmongers on ATS. This attitude is why we are embroiled in too many "conflicts", none of which are "victorious" and can only result in further endangering the American Public as a whole in the long run.

Sorry for the off topic rant, done here.

Naval F-22 variant – a carrier-borne variant of the F-22 with variable-sweep wings for the U.S. Navy's Navy Advanced Tactical Fighter (NATF) program to replace the F-14 Tomcat. Program was canceled in 1993.[216] Former SoAF Donald Rice has called the possibility of the naval variant the deciding factor for his choice of the YF-22 over the YF-23.[217]

Wiki

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

If you don't want a hell of a lot of gas or guns anyway.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Yes, we're all drooling neanderthals just praying for the next war.

If you'd bother to pay attention, instead of assuming you're better and smarter then all of us, just about everyone of us that argue against you, are the same ones saying that we should never underestimate an opponent, and that there are some game changing weapons being introduced by those potential opponents.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

Both the Rafale in Dubai in 2010 and the Turks at Red Flag were DACTs.(The French didn't claim a kill, if memory serves, but the Turks did...F-16, yeah right)

The German EFs were at Red Flag North and was BCM , a different kettle of fish altogether.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Hell an AT-38 claimed a kill a few years ago.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I have a friend, enlisted, that was on one of these Nimitz class carriers. They were in the Gulf and were ordered to somewhere off the coast of Africa.

For two days, the flight deck was stripped clean and sealed. No one permitted on the deck at all or on the bridge other than on duty personnel and they flat ass opened her up.

To not let anyone on deck for fear of being blown off is some serious 'lift'.

The navy can gas up the 22 after it's airborne. Adding that much lift potential at speed during takeoff and a full ordinance load should be possible......

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

With her being a flat deck, even with that kind of speed, you're going to be seriously limited on weight to take off. Her entire length is 1,092 feet. You'd need every inch of deck to get airborne, and that figure for the Raptor is well below MTOW.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: boomer135

Both the Rafale in Dubai in 2010 and the Turks at Red Flag were DACTs.(The French didn't claim a kill, if memory serves, but the Turks did...F-16, yeah right)

The German EFs were at Red Flag North and was BCM , a different kettle of fish altogether.

Yeah the french didnt claim a kill but the video here shows it. It was just released by the french i guess.
F-22

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

The navy can gas up the 22 after it's airborne.

How can they do that?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

That 38 was a real event. I was at the Abbotsford int'l Airshow that year visiting with a F-15 driver who was down from Elmendorf for the air show.

He said the 22 has just gunned the 38's wingman and was still experiencing his orgasm. The wingman was above and to the right of the 22, slightly behind. He dropped in on the 22's 6 and gunned him!!

Much trash talk and red faces that day!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join