It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changing the acceptance paradigm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I think we need to change the acceptance paradigm when it comes to stupid and immature behavior. It's literally killing our planet. It's about time the truly open minded intellectuals take a serious stance against this behavior and put cultural pressure on it. We need to again make intellectual and conscious exploration a cultural meme and sought after popular paradigms. Let's step out of the new age dark age.

What say you?
edit on 9/27/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

If only people could act mature, be polite and use common sense; it would be a whole different world.

Politicians especially need to grow up and act as responsible adults, instead of acting like spoiled children as they currently do.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Everything is a bubble except truth.a reply to: onequestion

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

What say you?

I say: Down with stupids!

The problem is, they are, have been, and will continue to be among us.

edit on 9/27/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

What say you?

I say: Down with stupids!

The problem is, they are, have been, and will continue to be among us.

Finally you made me laugh phage.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Good.
Now, what's the plan?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well...

Dare I say eugenics?

But on a serious note we both are very aware of the fact that stupid cannot be reasoned with.

lets just start by clearly defining stupid and teaching this to our children.

Ok your turn... Let's come up with something we can agree on. The big problem with my idea is getting educators to agree to this. We'd have to actually trick them into doing it. My advice... Work with opposites like they do in politics.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
if you stopped stupid and immature people, half of the planet would be missing.

just do what everyone else does and ignore them, they pay tax, they work their jobs and amazingly they have smart kids against all odds.

deal with the smart ones and ignore the idiots, its the best we can hope for as a species.

edit on b0202351 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Studies have shown that sending children to school too early impacts on their parental bonding and development. The Finns for example give prenatal vitamins to pregnant women, send their kids to school at 7, use less tech in schools, the ethos is non competitive and there is less pressure on students and teachers. There is a natural inclination to being productive members of society.

Finland is top league educationally and much can be learned from their system.

Start at the beginning is a good idea, from prenatal to school and higher education to the workplace and things will start to come into place for better more constructive people being more the norm and hence more constructive policies.

www.scholastic.com...

edit on 27-9-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Eugenics is something done in advanced societies in the cosmos, but would be horrendous in the hands of our world's mismanaging elites. Technology that could ensure, without implants, higher intellect, healthier less disease prone people, beauty, of people, perhaps some telepathy even, would be lovely. However I don't trust anyone here. Only the kids, and very few close adults and friends who see through this world and want equality,freedom and eutopia for all.

In fact, when you want something, there are 2 choices, 2 roads, one punitive, and one that is a wayshower's road.

People's DNA is not fixed at birth, it changes in real time and even words can affect it. The world we're living in, the horrendous inequalities and trauma's, do a lot to keep people down.

Strive for a world of equality, where no one is a slave, like in the Venus Project, they work part time only at the most, at creative things, and live in abundance and beauty, nothing like our world. Think out of the box.

The way to change things is if communities began to operate as an eco farm for family and friends and everyone came up with ethical businesses, part time work sharing a position, ensured transportation, energy devices, aquaponics and food to all, and started to ensure everyone was uplifted.

I see everyone's potential as gifted and happy and wonderful, and what is blocking it. The Worlds Mismanagers.
edit on 27-9-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
What is mature?

What is immature?

Owning a house? Having kids? Working to have a high paying job? Wearing nice clothes? Looking pretty? Being a provider? Being a house wife? Being tolerant? Policing other people's sexism? Being irreverent towards political correctness? Going to war? Avoiding conscription?

Plenty of movements have put social pressure on various behaviors. Generally speaking if they stick around long enough they become a parody of themselves. What would you personally put in place to prevent your idea becoming stupidity in the first place?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

Let's define stupid behavior as social vampirism ego projections on those around you.

Or negative behavior towards those around you.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The only thing I could think of was to put energy into raising some that weren't.
After that, I got nothing.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Perhaps the stupidity trait is strong in evolutionary terms and a key to homo success.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Pinke

Let's define stupid behavior as social vampirism ego projections on those around you.

Tangible example? Preferably something as close to controversial as you can think of.

Or negative behavior towards those around you.

Same.

Much of western society is heavily individualistic. Some would call that responsibility, others would call it selfishness. I don't think there is an easy answer to what you're proposing is my general point. The people who have created western culture have been trying for a while; they seem to mess it up a lot.

new topics

top topics

join