It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the majority of Americans stuck in adolescence...?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I'm not saying it is the case, but it's something to consider:

Many people of considerable intelligence, have acquired the ability to speak to someone on their level, which typically lends itself to a more authentic conversation.

So, perhaps some of those who appear less intelligent, have taken their cue from their pre-conceived notions about you?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: GoOfYFoOt

But I regularly have intelligent conversations

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Im always observing people having childish interactions and making small talk on a fairly regular basis. It seems as if most are ill equipped for deeper then topical conversations. Most judge harshly without getting to know someone. Many very superficial, only seeing what someone makes or wears, or judging them on only their ability to socialize but not getting deeper into their character. Most only want to see what people appear to be like and not try to get into the how what and the whys.

I think you have to have a close intimate friendship to see past the superficial us,

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

With people who know the real you?

My point was mainly to be facetious, but perhaps some of those others, may be thinking the exact same thing, about you...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Ignorance is bliss.. so I've heard..

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Does it seem like the majority of Americans are trapped in a state of adolescence?

We live in a weird age where the adults act like children, and the children try to act like they're adults, but the adult role-models act like children. Just take a look at how things are marketed to age groups and tell me I'm wrong.

Yeah, have fun unbending this pretzel

edit on 26-9-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Im always observing people having childish interactions and making small talk on a fairly regular basis. It seems as if most are ill equipped for deeper then topical conversations. Most judge harshly without getting to know someone. Many very superficial, only seeing what someone makes or wears, or judging them on only their ability to socialize but not getting deeper into their character. Most only want to see what people appear to be like and not try to get into the how what and the whys.

I think you have to have a close intimate friendship to see past the superficial us,

Maybe but what about passing immediate judgement without first getting to know that?

Instead of assuming you know you get to know first.

link   

originally posted by: GoOfYFoOt

My point was mainly to be facetious, but perhaps some of those others, may be thinking the exact same thing, about you...

Does that make them right?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoOfYFoOt

Does that make them right?

It makes them human...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

But don't you think it's odd?

Like maybe it's part of the program?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Maybe but what about passing immediate judgement without first getting to know that?

Instead of assuming you know you get to know first.

So I sense you are coming from some personal experience that upset you maybe?

Many times I can peg a person right off the bat, but I do like to give people a chance and encourage others to do so.

I think it is human nature in a way, it is all part of the control drama.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm immature, kind of stuck in the 90's too come to think of it.

I don't light my own farts or anything though, any more.

The world is such a messed up place at the moment, it's important to look at the funny side just as it is to keep an eye out for beautiful things too.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

No I live in a tough area so people are generally grouchy, it's very economically depressed and it reflects in the culture.

I'm just observant and watch others interact with me and others as well.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Yeah but consciously immature is fun lol. And I've never actually seen someone light a fart and it work.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

Yes. Because nobody is smart but you. We all know that is the feedback you are fishing for.

I just figured I'd skip to the end.

I just want to point out that your proving a point. Without just cause you automatically jump to a conclusion without first trying to reason with me or find out what I made that post.

Just sayin

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The land of talking points

Spin

Sound bites

To support political parties and our government the population must be dumbed down, can't have critical thinking getting in the way of profit or agenda driven madness. People elected governments that purposely exported the most advanced manufacturing based economy on the planet, for short term profit. Then elected them again to fix Americans ailing economic problems.

Were sliding down a hill headed straight for the BLEEP filled creak, but re elect them again America, surely they can't be any worst than the last bunch!!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
The land of talking points

Spin

Sound bites

To support political parties and our government the population must be dumbed down, can't have critical thinking getting in the way of profit or agenda driven madness. People elected governments that purposely exported the most advanced manufacturing based economy on the planet, for short term profit. Then elected them again to fix Americans ailing economic problems.

Were sliding down a hill headed straight for the BLEEP filled creak, but re elect them again America, surely they can't be any worst than the last bunch!!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Stormdancer777

No I live in a tough area so people are generally grouchy, it's very economically depressed and it reflects in the culture.

I'm just observant and watch others interact with me and others as well.

I live in the inner city, perhaps they come from a place of survival and hardship, I like it here they are interesting and diverse.

I clean the homes of rich professionals and I find them boring

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

But don't you think it's odd?

Like maybe it's part of the program?

There is a lot about younger generations that I find odd.

Programming? Perhaps... But I'm not your typical intellectual.

I believe that true intelligence comes from the universe itself, and it cannot necessarily be taught. What some call wisdom, is ultimately just trusting their own intuition. Whether through experience or logical conclusions, they build their own conceptions of what they perceive to be real.

Today's education seems to rely more on believing what you are told. And, that can lead to abuse of the system. Has it been designed that way? Or, have nefarious individuals or groups, merely taken advantage of it? Only time will tell... But, I, personally, do believe that there is an agenda being played out, with regard to humanity's belief systems.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Those wealthy professionals I was talking about, now they are outta touch

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join