It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the majority of Americans stuck in adolescence...?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Does it seem like the majority of Americans are trapped in a state of adolescence?

Im always observing people having childish interactions and making small talk on a fairly regular basis. It seems as if most are ill equipped for deeper then topical conversations. Most judge harshly without getting to know someone. Many very superficial, only seeing what someone makes or wears, or judging them on only their ability to socialize but not getting deeper into their character. Most only want to see what people appear to be like and not try to get into the how what and the whys.

Is this normal?

Has it always been like this?

Is this mass hypnosis and mind control or are just people really stupid?

What about people from other countries?
edit on 9/26/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yup. I have been studying the food chemistry and can say that that is the intention of the ones running this place. They want us to blow our money and bicker amongst ourselves. Alcohol is definitely not the only chemical that messes with our minds to cause this.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Hmm good point.

Wouldn't it be fun to take a test group and ask them to write down their diet without changing anything for a month and then have them take some sort of test...

I don't know written or I don't know what kind of test something that involves having to problem solve and one that requires creative input and another where they analyze something and then record those results and see how they turn out?

And stop trying to be smarter then everyone Ricky, it's so shallow.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: rickymouse

Hmm good point.

Wouldn't it be fun to take a test group and ask them to write down their diet without changing anything for a month and then have them take some sort of test...

I don't know written or I don't know what kind of test something that involves having to problem solve and one that requires creative input and another where they analyze something and then record those results and see how they turn out?

And stop trying to be smarter then everyone Ricky, it's so shallow.

I just realized that those results might be biased.

Wouldn't you think people who are more intelligent are naturally inclined to eat healthier foods anyway?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
**Cue Americans complaining of generalisation when many of themselves generalise others.**

Prepare for a rollercoaster ride, OP.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I can't speak for Americans, but here in Brazil, it depends on who you're talking to. Of course, if you're only going to talk to people in a shallow way, without getting to know them, then the conversation itself is going to be shallow as well. Don't expect people to have a deep conversation with you after knowing you for five minutes.

That said, some people don't want to think too much about things that bother them/the society. Some people are okay with seeing stuff on the media and accepting that information as the only possible truth. Some people think the problems in our society are not THAT bad and there's no need to change the way things are.

Some people. Others want to think for themselves, want to change what's not good in the world and love talking about ANYTHING. It depends on who you're talking to, and how you're talking to them.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Wouldn't you think people who are more intelligent are naturally inclined to eat healthier foods anyway?

no

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
**Cue Americans complaining of generalisation when many of themselves generalise others.**

Prepare for a rollercoaster ride, OP.

Roller coasters are fun.

And there will be people who actually engage in meaningful conversations and those who can't think past their own insecurities.

It's the engaging conversation that makes it worth it.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

no

Please explain.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
YES maturity isn't always measured by a common thread ESPECIALLY since the NUCLEAR family went down. Toss in a lousy education NO parental GUIDANCE and popular cultural deviance and there you go.
edit on 26-9-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

out of my family and friends only a couple really think, some days I feel like a nut

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I'm not anti social but I am more of an observer. I like having only meaningful conversations and relationships and am comfortable with not talking to anyone.

So my observation is based on exactly that.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I know highly intelligent people that don't eat right

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Hmm. How are you measuring intelligence?

I would think health and well being would be paramount but maybe that's completely subjective.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I'm not anti social but I am more of an observer. I like having only meaningful conversations and relationships and am comfortable with not talking to anyone.

So my observation is based on exactly that.

I like to sit back and observe too, I prefer reading the post rather than posting, learn a lot like that.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Hmm. How are you measuring intelligence?

I would think health and well being would be paramount but maybe that's completely subjective.

How should I measure it?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I don there really isn't a way.

It's very individual. I guess I just don't see the point if you don't see why it's important to be health conscience in today's world especially with things happening like what ricky mouse brought up happening. But your right that's orobably a bad example. It would still be interesting to see the results.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join