It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia warns Europe of gas cuts over Ukraine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmacev
I say let them cut the gas. That will be the final push for Europe to look for others sources, e.g www.sgd.lt...
2015/2016 are the years Lithuania (and hopefully all the Baltic region) will finally be independent from russian gas.

This is the goofy part of what Putin is doing. The Russian economy is sustained by its energy exports. The money from those exports goes into infrastructure, military and the ruling elite in Russia.

If Russia is going to cut off the gas supplies where will they get the money for their plans? Russia already got a taste of how China works when they forced Russia into coming down on the gas export prices to china.

Add that on top of the sanctions and what we have is Putin running Russia into the ground.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

what we have is Putin running Russia into the ground.

Nobody expected Russian counter-sanctions to hit the EU agricultural sector. It did.
Everybody expected that Putin would retaliate after the latest round of sanctions. He did not.

First warning:

Hungary’s gas pipeline network operator FGSZ said late on Thursday that it had suspended supplies to neighbouring Ukraine indefinitely for technical reasons, a move Ukraine’s state-owned gas firm Naftogaz described as “unexpected and unexplained”.

News World news Hungary Hungary suspends gas supplies to Ukraine under pressure from Moscow

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Ruble Drops to Record, Heads for Central Bank Intervention Level

The ruble weakened to a record low, approaching the level at which Russia’s central bank said it would intervene to support the currency.

The currency fell 0.9 percent to 44.2637 versus the central bank’s target basket of dollars and euros at 11:24 a.m. in Moscow. That’s 0.3 percent away from the level of 44.40 at which the central bank said it would begin market interventions. Ten-year government bonds retreated, pushing the yield up three basis points to 9.35 percent.

“The market is getting closer to panic,” Dmitry Polevoy, chief economist at ING Groep NV in Moscow, said in an e-mailed note. “The ‘ghost’ of peak external debt payments in September and December is the most often-cited enemy of the ruble. The attempt to test 44.40 looks well grounded.”

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Putin Ready to Borrow Above 9% Amid Bonds’ Worst Quarter

[

After shunning bond auctions for nine weeks amid the worst quarter for ruble debt since 2011, Russia indicated it’s prepared to borrow at more than 9 percent for the first time in almost five years.

In its first auction since July 16, the Finance Ministry sold all 10 billion rubles ($262 million) of August 2023 notes on offer to a single bidder on Sept. 24 at an average yield of 9.37 percent. Current yields are “acceptable” and the finance ministry plans to fulfill this year’s bond sale plan, it said in an e-mailed response to questions on Sept. 26.

Russian government bonds lost 12 percent in the third quarter in dollar terms, their worst performance since 2011, according to Bank of America Merrill Lynch data.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The Cost of Putin’s Economic U-Turn

Those days are now consigned to what might have been. Putin began turning away from his new friends as early as 2003, and accelerated the retreat as his third term in the Kremlin got under way in 2012. He cracked down on dissidents, curbed economic freedoms and, this year, fomented the rebellion in eastern Ukraine.

The result: Russia, now bordering on recession, suffers mounting international sanctions and, increasingly, is a pariah in capital markets. While the MSCI World Index of equities is up 9.7 percent from a year ago, the Micex is down 2.9 percent. The ruble, which today reached a record low, has fallen 30 percent since Putin first became president.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

The ruble, which today reached a record low, has fallen 30 percent since Putin first became president.

...but if Putin cuts off gas supply for Europe, EU will collapse and revolt immediately. The winter is coming...

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter seriously. you genuinely think putin is backed by his country they fear him not support him he made one of the richest men in Russia penniless and then threw him in a gulag for trying to strengthen ties with the eu and are you so short sighted and forgetful of the Russian mass butchery they conducted on Georgia in '08 let me ask you a simple question have you ever been to Iraq or Afghanistan or any of the other countless invasions" my best would say no by the way you talk about putin. putin has had people made penniless(FROM MULTI MILLIONAIRES) then threw them in a gulag for simply wanting to strengthen ties with the eu. and for every one else who thinks Russia can survive without the west you are so mistaken I cant even laugh at it. china need the west to buy products(its only major export)without the west buying product no money for china, no money for china means Russia doesn't get money for oil and gas so Russia cant buy food ergo Russia and china become #ed Ill go more indepth for those who want it

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: maghun

and if Putin does that where is he going to get money from?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yes, because letting people freeze to death is great PR. lol

a reply to: gatorboi117

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: fenson76
Yes, because letting people freeze to death is great PR. lol

a reply to: gatorboi117

You have to consider the fact that Europe generally does what it takes to try and take care of their population. Russia on the other hand has no issues killing their own if it can be used as propaganda against the west.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I lost 2 friends due to the Ukrainian Nazism that the US is funding. So I am sorry to say but... you completely have no clue what is happening. Pro Russian's the so called terrorists,rebels etc.. never attacked civilians and always helped with the aid. They did deliveries to hospitals,elderly, children etc.. Not sure what be pumping through your brainwaves or what sort of pathogen is pumping through your veins. Clearly you have no clue what is going on in Ukraine!

I watch both news and I am in contact with several individuals in Ukraine,Russia,America,Australia,Germany,China,New Zealand and England. All I can say is that everyone is actually supporting Russia and is tired of the US,EU,England and NATO.

I also can tell you this! For all the children buried,for all the women raped, for all the shelling and missing limbs Europe and Ukraine will pay! I will bury these snakes under a mountain of snow!

Regarding US if they do not stop the bombings of Syria to make Assad step down and do not admit to staging the revolutions, the wet work that was done regarding certain individuals. I will drown the US in the tears of all the innocent that were murdered. The US has until the end of 2015 to come clean and if they do not well..... let me put it lightly Hurricane Katrina will look like a picnic in the park compared to what will come.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

China,Japan and the rest of the Euro Asian Union. Clearly no one is up to date with what really is happening on the political map.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: VitaArcanum "to what will come" what are you a general with access to Russia's top secret battle monkey program stop giving a biased opinion and trying to pass it off as you know what is happening for your own pride the testimony of several people is no where near enough to pass judgment. and finaly you say America and eu ,etc are murderers yet it wasn't them that flattened a country in '08 for NO REASON it wasn't them who INVADED Ukraine this is from the mouth of multiple people not "several" have you seen the massacre in Georgia. Russia flattened a country for doing the same thing as Ukraine a sort of "bow beneath me or die" policy the only reason he hasn't done it is because at one time Ukraine had one of the largest stockpiles of nukes on the planet and putin knows as does anybody with half a brain that it only takes one suitcase nuke to wipe out the Russian government.so with kind regard please don't pass comment on things that you have done any research on.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepy01

Ukraine was never invaded by the Russian military! My god is humanity really this stupid? Russia never sent weapons to the rebels, the rebels used weapons from WW2 and the left overs after the collapse of the Soviet Untion.

The only Russians fighting on the rebels side are volunteers. Including European's and people from South America after they saw the Ukrainian military which the USA,NATO and EU are funding! tied a 5 year old boy to a tree and slit him down the side like a stuck pig bleeding out slowly. While his mother was screaming and crying!

Also don't get me started on the 08 it was a god dam lie, it wasn't Russia that flattened an entire country! It was the US funded Mikheil Saakashvili who gave the order to bomb the cities. There's plenty of proof even one that was broadcasted live. When a woman and her daughter from Georgia were being interviewed, the woman spoke out and said it was Saakashvili that gave the orders to bomb and execute civilians. They both were instantly shut down and the interview was pulled. The massacre in Georgia was done by America,funded by America and was profited by America! Why do you think the current Georgian government wants Saakashvili to return to Georgia to face war crimes, financial crimes etc? I'm sorry but you can not be this zombified to believe what Uncle Sam tells you! Can you?

This is why I left America and the reason why I am ashamed to be an American! Hell if I had the power I would hang the EU,UN,NATO,US Senate and Obama for crimes against humanity in Iraq,Libya,Egypt,Syria,Georgia,Afghanistan,Ukraine etc. Why EU and UN? Because they didn't have the balls to say no bunch of political prostitutes!

Also if you want the truth! and I mean the REAL TRUTH! go to Ukraine and see what the Ukrainian military is doing to the civilians there just because they wanted to be part of Russia and not the EU/US democracy. There are actually a few Americans fighting with the rebels against the Ukrainian Government because of the use of Geneva Convention banned weapons and the mass genocide our lovely Uncle Sam is funding.

Also I can pass judgement! Why? because I lost close friends to the demonic democracy we the Americans are spreading, the genocides we are funding and condoning.

Also if you are not aware we no longer have the grip on Russia, we were outplayed since the moment Russia and China formed the Euro Asian Union. Our USD is going to be worth nothing but confetti that you can wipe your butt with.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: VitaArcanum

I lost 2 friends due to the Ukrainian Nazism that the US is funding.

Which is to say you are coming at this with a biased opinion based on the death of your friends.

Blame who you want..

Russia started the mess, regardless of what you think.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: VitaArcanum

Pro Russian's the so called terrorists,rebels etc.. never attacked civilians

So I guess these people are lying...

www.thejournal.ie...

www.kyivpost.com...

And these people just buried themselves...

Your right they were just saints to the population, and I have to ask if the separatists were good to the people why did they have a hard time recruiting fighters.

The Russian armed forces colonel commanding eastern Ukraine’s secessionist militias can’t recruit enough local men as fighters, and that doesn’t make him happy. Igor Girkin has been away from his family and his apartment in Moscow for months now, leading a small force of volunteers fighting first in Crimea and now in Donetsk province, he says, to liberate his fellow Russians from the “Nazi threat” posed by Ukraine’s government. But to his surprise and disgust, he says in a video posted May 17, his fellow ethnic Russians in Donetsk are not rising up to join him in returning the region to its rightful place under Russian rule.

And the way he treated those who didn't want to rise up and fight...

In a nearly nine-minute video recorded in a spare office with a paper-strewn desk and a local map hung on the wall, Girkin – using his nom de guerre Igor Strelkov (Igor “the Shooter”) – berates the men of Donetsk province for refusing to fight. Because of their cowardice, he says, he has no choice but to humiliate them by publicly inviting the women of Donetsk province to take roles in the liberation of eastern Ukraine that properly belong to real men.

www.atlanticcouncil.org...

Your right they never attacked civilians.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You didn't search far enough. I wrote strictly about such a scenario about 6 months ago when a post came up about Cameron trying to censure Russia by boycotting and threatening Putin. But that was the summer time and I said wait for the winter time as the majority of Britain gets its gas from Russia. Now that time is here and Mr Putin can call the shots.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: VitaArcanum

Ukraine was never invaded by the Russian military! My god is humanity really this stupid? Russia never sent weapons to the rebels, the rebels used weapons from WW2 and the left overs after the collapse of the Soviet Untion.

Putin admitting to sending troops to Crimea is an invasion, especially when the sole purpose of annexing it was to take it from Ukraine.

Russia never sent weapons to the rebels, the rebels used weapons from WW2 and the left overs after the collapse of the Soviet Untion.

Are you sure...

Left behind by the separatists.

www.thestar.com...

So how does one explain those?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

During the battle with Ukrainian Military most of the weapons,tanks,BTR's and transporters were left behind by the Ukrainian Military. So if you want to know where those weapons came from that is the truth. Heck I bet CNN and FOX and everyone else said that Putin sent the Tanks and Weapons?

The rebels are nothing more then volunteers,people who worked in the mines,in factories,shops etc. These are the people that rose up to defend the civilians of the Ukraine that want to have the freedom to choose not to join EU.

Has the EU,US State Department or Obama tell you yet about the mass genocide and the bodies that the so called rebels found? Bodies of women,children and elderly who were tortured and executed? Or are they saying the rebels did it again?

Also Putin never admitted to sending troops to Ukraine my god and that's the only thing he said. I'm sorry but I think either people in the States are translating his words into lies or they are plain stupid! Putin only admitted to sending the convoys of food,water, electric generators etc.

OSCE,Red Cross are the only 2 organizations that are helping and can testify to what really is happening. UN turned a blind eye on Ukraine, Amnesty International turned their backs on the war crimes the Ukrainian Military is doing.
Why? Because they are too busy sucking off Obama and Uncle Sam! EU is too cowardly to say anything because big daddy America has their banks!

I could go on and on telling you what is happening! But... it will be falling on death ears! So get a ticket and go see what the so called rebels are doing and what the Ukrainian Military is doing.

Oh also latest installment of Ukrainian Military is they burn and carve swastikas into women,elderly,children and the so called rebels for not wanting to join the part of Ukraine that wants to be in the EU. Oh wait! NO! did Uncle Sam already say that the rebels are doing it and not the Ukrainian Military?

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
You didn't search far enough. I wrote strictly about such a scenario about 6 months ago when a post came up about Cameron trying to censure Russia by boycotting and threatening Putin. But that was the summer time and I said wait for the winter time as the majority of Britain gets its gas from Russia. Now that time is here and Mr Putin can call the shots.

That's True! and Putin is not worried if EU and the rest of the Monkeys say no to Russian Gas. Russia is building a pipeline through China and Japan is now discussing the deal with Russia as well. Plus India,Mongolia and several European countries that are part of the Euro Asian Union.

Who is going to stop that? US,EU,NATO and Britain? Are they really that stupid to start a war against Russia,China and India? The era of the USD is over and a new currency is going to hit the streets The Gold Yahn! Also don't forget the trade links Russia established with South America!

Winter is Coming! and I think EU and Britain deserve it! Maybe the people will finally realize what monkeys run the show and work towards establishing peace talks instead of trying to encircle Russia with American and NATO bases.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join