It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia warns Europe of gas cuts over Ukraine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Invading a sovereign nation because Putin is paranoid does not work.

Putin is not paranoid, the majority of the Russians know that NATO wants to attack the Russian people and Russia herself, the ones that you were claiming whom dislike Putin are the ones whom want Russia to be part of the Euporean Union and the NATO organization as a member.

I really do laugh when you claim that Russia had Invaded an sovereign while your country has invaded countless of other sovereign nations based on false pretexts.

Should i bring up the drone air strikes and the countries America has attacked there sovereign rights ?
edit on 27-9-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Europes stupidity over treating Russia like a third world country it can bully is ludicrous. We should be making much closer relations with Russia although the USA would hate this. However they are a major trading partner in the world and especially within Europe and also a major defence line against islamic terrorists.

We need Russia equally on side and not estraged because divided we fall and Russia needs ujs just as much as we need Russia is we are all to prosper.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117
If you live in Europe, better start stockpiling some firewood.

This is a great tactic by Russia, if it succeeds. What better way to make it politically impossible for the leaders in Western Europe to continue their agenda than by freezing their citizens to death? Come January, the people will be demanding a reversal of whatever policies got them into that ice locker in the first place.

You ever hear of that old say, "Cut off your own nose to spite your face?" That would be exactly what Russia would be doing, hurting their own pocketbooks at a time that other sanctions are crippling their economy. Other suppliers of natural gas will be happy to hear that. I'm sure that ship keels for natural gas carriers are being laid as we speak.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: gatorboi117

It might work in the short term... The flip side is it will push Europe farther into the anti putin camp and the resolve to remove Russia as an energy source will quicken.

Gas / Oil is the only thing bringing in revenue for Russia in terms of being able to update their military. You start losing customers it will be difficult to find replacements.

wrong. Russia already agreed to sell China billions in gas. The EU is f'd. Getting exactly what they deserve.

Its much easier for Russia to liquify natural gas and ship it to China than another country finding new sources of gas and developing the infrastructure to deliver it. Years without heat. F'd

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

Invading a sovereign nation because Putin is paranoid does not work.

Putin is not paranoid, the majority of the Russians know that NATO wants to attack the Russian people and Russia herself, the ones that you were claiming whom dislike Putin are the ones whom want Russia to be part of the Euporean Union and the NATO organization as a member.

What utter BS where do you get this nonsense from? NATO has no intention of attacking Russia. Even if wanted to it is such a dumb idea that even slightly militaristic leaders in NATO would back away from that. You have to be short of a bob or two to think like that. The people of Russia are fed bucket loads of propaganda by the paranoid Putin machine.

I really do laugh when you claim that Russia had Invaded an sovereign while your country has invaded countless of other sovereign nations based on false pretexts.

Should i bring up the drone air strikes and the countries America has attacked there sovereign rights ?

No denial, so Russia did invade a sovereign nation then.....Two wrongs don't make a right so using that as an argument is dumb. The US are no saints although I suspect half of the crap they do is due to being isolated over there, free from hundreds of years of war that we in Europe have suffered, so they have little sense of perspective. They sometimes lack that judgement : the enemy of my enemy is NOT necessarily my friend but possibly a new enemy in waiting. That said if you think Russia is a nice friendly fluffy bear with Putin at the helm you have clearly lost the plot.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

NATO has no intention of attacking Russia. Even if wanted to it is such a dumb idea that even slightly militaristic leaders in NATO would back away from that. You have to be short of a bob or two to think like that. The people of Russia are fed bucket loads of propaganda by the paranoid Putin machine.

Your post and reaction shows how much you know whats really occurring in eastern Europe. NATO has had the intention of attacking Russia. Since the cold war days.

Hench the NATO Expansion and the installation of the missile shield program in every NATO held country yeah oh i am sure the missile shield program is aimed at Iran while everyone with an logical mind knows what the agenda of the missile shield program is.

There Target is Russia not Iran. If you wanted to prevented the Iranian missiles from attacking why haven't your tard leaders decided to have the missile shield program in the gulf regime Arab states? simple the Arab rulers know by installing them would only make Iran anger & other Arab leaders less trusting of each other.

You have to be short of a bob or two to think like that.
Your comical, you need to be an strategist to think in such matters you dont believe do you? well then why dont you look around at there maps and where they have there bases around near Russia? and see where i am wrong.

I am quite positive if you research a bit more you would think differently as well, but since you listen to the one sided agenda agaisnt Russia i am not surprised.

The people of Russia are fed bucket loads of propaganda by the paranoid Putin machine.
Nope its a known fact in Russia. Thats how Russians see NATO as a threat to the slavic people just like how NATO destroyed the Balkans.

Putin is paranoid? thats comical.

No denial, so Russia did invade a sovereign nation then.....Two wrongs don't make a right so using that as an argument is dumb.

Russia did not invade a sovereign nation, after all its clear after heavy a dose of mainstream news outlets thats what they made you to believe.

Just like how the media wanted everyone that bin laden was killed in 2011 yet he already was dead.

The US are no saints although I suspect half of the crap they do is due to being isolated over there, free from hundreds of years of war that we in Europe have suffered, so they have little sense of perspective.

Your argument is not going to save your argument that US are no saints its clear your defending the EU and America's agenda into Europe.

Europe was doing just fine before America's empire came along, sure we had wars in Europe but without America Europe always came back stronger. Remember that fact.

edit on 27-9-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

After all its fair that America learns its lesson.

And exactly what lesson might that be?

Those nations have every right to want their own buffer against American aggression.

And when exactly has America been aggressive towards the borders of Russia, because the last time I checked they never have.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

And when exactly has America been aggressive towards the borders of Russia, because the last time I checked they never have.

The US shares a border with Russia. At no point have we ever been aggressive towards Russia. Even today Russia sends aircraft into US / Canadian ADIZ zones. They do the same thing with European countries.

Russia would be the aggressors.

This is not Russia verse the West. This is Putin verse the west. Putin is going to try and show how big his ovaries are and its blowing up in his face.
edit on 27-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

But we never annexed any of them now have we? There's a difference.

If you would like, because you seem to think all americans back everything their government does which is a fallacy because you would be amazed at how many people don't agree with what the american govt. does.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

The US shares a border with Russia.

That's right Sarah Palin said she could see Russia from her back porch.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Its only about 50 miles at its closest point from mainland Alaska.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

It's a strategic game right now between Russia and the West, and the dividing line between resolution and all out war is paper thin. One false move with the Ukraine situation could lead to a conflict that no one wants. What says ATS?

Who says no-one wants it?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE

The US, EU, ME, China, India, Africa, Australia, Canada, South America have all consistently pushed for a non military resolution.

the only nation using military force on Ukraine is Russia and even Ukraine has pushed for a resolution. The Russians are the only ones whose push for a resolution would result in Ukraine being annexed by Russia.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

The AngloZionist Empire is at war with Russia.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

You joking right? Never been aggressive? Is that a joke? Are you telling me that funding the Ukrainian National Party that is producing rape,torture and mass genocide of Russian speaking individuals in Ukraine! Is not aggressive?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: maghun

That post made my day
I have to say this Europe is going to pay the price and will be buried under a mountain of snow this winter. Putin says "Winter is Coming!"

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Its only about 50 miles at its closest point from mainland Alaska.

That you the State don't actually own legally! If you learned history of all nations and not just American mainstream history! You would know that Russia never actually sold or given Alaska to America. America sort of kinda took over... But hey! mere details right

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE

The US, EU, ME, China, India, Africa, Australia, Canada, South America have all consistently pushed for a non military resolution.

the only nation using military force on Ukraine is Russia and even Ukraine has pushed for a resolution. The Russians are the only ones whose push for a resolution would result in Ukraine being annexed by Russia.

I'm sorry but this is also not true! Russia was the only nation that sent medical,food and technological aid to war effected cities in Ukraine. Aid that was sent to people who were murdered by a group of Nazi's who are receiving financial aid from US. The nations that wanted peace are South America,Russia,India, China. While Britain,Australia,Canada,EU,Africa all have put sanctions towards Russia for asking Ukraine to stop the war and sending aid.

Please do not spread around CNN and FOX disinformation. Not all of us on the internet are as stupid as the government thinks.

Also before you use the invasion card know this. Since the time of Catherine the Great also known as Catherine Romanova the empress of Russia. Crimea had troops always stationed there and more then 50% of the population are Russian speaking individuals. So while monkey written script was spreading stupid lies by CNN and FOX saying Russia is invading, it seems they did not take into account the historical and actual facts of the country.

Sigh... this is why the United States Department makes me cry of shame whenever they release a new stupid war cry mongering lie.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I say let them cut the gas. That will be the final push for Europe to look for others sources, e.g www.sgd.lt...
2015/2016 are the years Lithuania (and hopefully all the Baltic region) will finally be independent from russian gas.

edit on 29-9-2014 by gmacev because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: VitaArcanum

No Russia is not the only nation who sent supplies. The US / EU has in fact sent supplies as well. The Ukraine government has also organized aid convoys. Its difficult to get supplies in when pro Russian rebels loot the people who are in their area of control.

Not to mention pro Russian rebels are not going to guarantee the safety of Ukraine aid convoys. The Pro Russian rebels cant let the people they are holding hostage get aid from Kiev. It would undermine the propaganda they put out.

You need to read your history and understand it. It seems you are ignoring the agreement between Catherine the Great and Turkey regarding the status of Crimea. Using your logic Russia should be required to immediately leave Kaliningrad and return it to Germany.

As for the media comment to each their own. RT and other Russian media are just as bad. The difference between western media and Russian is the fact Russias is state controlled.

Russian media is nothing more than court stenographers for the Russian government.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join