It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low Level military Flying In The Mountains Of Wales

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It's a sight I've seen for myself on occasion traveling through the valleys of Wales and this video shows it off to perfection.
Aircraft on show include...
Jet Provost
Hawks
Tornado's
Eurofighter Typhoons
C-130
Tucano
B52 OTT

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Thanks! That was very entertaining. I didn't expect to see C-12s doing low level!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hello first post here on ATS , been lurking for a while though. Spotted your thread and thought I would share a video too.

The video is from a place called CAD west which is part of the Mach loop in Wales which I think is where the video you posted is also recorded

I stumbled across the Mach loop on you tube a few years ago completely by chance and have been watching ever since

edit on 26-9-2014 by Technikal because: Broken YouTube link

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
yup that is indeed CAD WEST in Mach loop north Wales part of the RAF's training area LFA7
i have been there a few times and have images of various aircraft passing through
including some F15's of USAFE most visiting NATO aircraft have been there sometime or other
on the right day it provides some of the best photography opportunity possible of
military planes doing what they do best.
edit on 26/9/14 by ShayneJUK because: spelloing

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I remember being in Wales overlooking a lake when a C-130 came down low enough to whip up rooster tails in the lake.
Amazing to see.
When you don't have stealth, you fly low and fast.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Badgered1
that would be lake Tal y llyn a few k S of cad west also known as corris corner

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
machloop.co.uk... will tell you all you need to know

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Apologies for the Broken link, I'm using the iPad and it's not going to well. I will sort it when I get back on the laptop.

Does anyone remember the forum that was dedicated to the Mach loop? I think it was called lofly Wales or something similar.

People used to post photos of the day's events and some of them were spectacular .

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Wales is so beautiful, absolutely breathtaking! I found myself looking at the scenery more than the airplanes.

Grew up next to Travis AFB in California and the only time I've seen anything like that is during the air shows, it gets loud!

Cool video!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Technikal

Thanks for the addition , another cool video

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
In the early 70s my Father was in the RAF and we lived at RAF Finningley. It was a Training base for aircraft such as the famous Vulcan Avro.
I had access to all the air shows that were held there over the years. This was a very memorable time for me as a young boy.

I can remember the sound of aircraft such as the Vulcan, what an awesomely loud aircraft that was. I look back on the times with great happiness and joy as i got the chance to be up close to those aircraft. Best times of my life. I still dream about those days sometimes.

RAF finningley

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
This pic from Mach Loop always makes me smile

Heres the BBC story behind it - BBC

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AbdulAlhazred

That's a great picture , made me smile as well

Nice to see the MoD saw the funny side too.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Ezappa
Many years ago, at the Dayton airshow, I was very fortunate to see the Vulcan fly. The thing that impressed me the most was it's maneuverability. It was more like a fighter than a bomber. It was much like our B-1 of today and loud!

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AbdulAlhazred

My response to this is a simple question. "If I'm stupid, then why are you in the back seat?" It is funny!

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

Yes it was. I remember as it took off and was a few meters from the ground it would bank and turn almost straight away. For a Large plane i thought that was impressive.

This is the XH558 the only one left flying in the world. They have put it back in its home at Finningley international Airport as its called now.
edit on 27/9/14 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Here you go in a cockpit through the mach loop...

Now that looks like fun.

edit on 27-9-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Ezappa
That was beautiful! I wonder if it had modern engines and avionics what it could do? The only negative thing that I've ever heard was the cockpit had a crew of five but was built for two. Oh, and it only had two ejection seats for a crew of five.

join