It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letchworth residents left puzzled by mysterious spots landing on cars, bins and washing lines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

" The mustard-coloured solution, which lands as liquid but soon hardens into powder on ground-based surfaces, was first spotted on cars in Kristiansand Way in late August, but has since been discovered in North Avenue, Common View and Glebe Road. "

Letchworth residents left puzzled by mysterious spots landing on cars, bins and washing lines

So a mysterious substance is coating objects in a somewhat confined area of a town in England called Letchworth.

I google mapped Letchworth and zoomed into Kristiansand Way, which, according to the article is the most intensely coated street... I then looked at the surrounding streets that were mentioned and came up with about a 1000 foot radius. I tried to upload the map (using Apache open source software) but it's not working...

here is a link for the map:
_javascript:hyperlink(www.google.com...@51.9900647,-0.2083293,15. 73z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x48763291fb128d29:0xd1da18e989c95aa1)

My initial thought was some type of chemtrail, but the small area it is reportedly affecting has me second guessing that thought... The article states that these droplets do not accumulate over night, but start in the early mornings. One commenter suggested it could be honeybee droppings, but for the magnitude, I'd say it would have to be a giant and obviously noticeable swarm of bees to create that mess- the bees would not go unnoticed.

So far, this is the only source I have found on the story (except a word for word copy from another site).

I'm interested to see if this starts happening in other areas, and if there are any side effects in Letchworth.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Tree sap or pollen perhaps? When we use to visit my grandfather in the country area of Georgia,USA the car would be covered with both!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I live in southern California, and I have them on my car. I'm pretty sure it's bee poop.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Yeah, I get this on my vehicles from time to time. I am in Southern California. It really is bee poop.

It looks like someone just dropped a couple drips of Grey Poupon on my truck.

Poupon... lol
edit on 26-9-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

(post by Hijinx removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Since no one said it, I'll say it first...

ITS EBOLA!!!!

Seriously, I have no idea what it is, but definitely send it off to the lab and make sure it isn't anything poisoning you. Or Ebola. Or both, IJS.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I get similar markings on my car - for reference I live in Wokingham, Berkshire (approx 67 miles from Letchworth). In fact, I cleaned the ruddy thing a few weeks back and the next morning, covered in crap again. Not that I am that bothered by it, I assumed it was from tree pollen or some such and got on with life. Clearly, those living in Letchworth have time on their hands to worry about it!

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Interestingly, for those of a more conspiracy sided mindset, the car care firm Autoglym is based in Letchworth and they have an R&D team based there.

Just throwing it out there

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: WildCatWilly
I'd say it would have to be a giant and obviously noticeable swarm of bees to create that mess- the bees would not go unnoticed.

Did you know that every year millions of butterflies migrate. But apparently they fly so high that we never see them. Whos to say that some bees arent doing the same thing?

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I live near Lake Michigan, but occasionally when there is a spell of dry weather to the west or south a lot of dust gets kicked up. Then in the morning when there's dew drops all over your car they collect the dust. Later on it dries as the sun comes up and you see your car plastered with spots just like that. It was real bad during part of one summer when there were dust storms in Arizona, Oklahoma, and Texas, and the stuff would blow in on southerly winds.

Apparently they're seeing this is in the UK, so I wonder where they're getting all the dirt from? Spain?

top topics

join