It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Shapes...Why So Many?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I was going to post this later after I got a few more thoughts rolling but it seemed like a good time when I seen this thread come up from Mr Mask: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So here goes. Hope it makes sense because as most here know I am not a regular poster in this forum.

Over the millennia we have painted, scratched, drew, carved, taken pics and vids etc of these strange craft in our skies and there are countless shapes, sizes and colors. It seems that there is no general category into which these things fall. We do have the saucer and triangle but what about the rest?

We have seen instances of round, oblong, square, triangle, spherical...both horizontal and vertical standing, etc...All this on a mother ship with presumably limited space?

So my question is that if whoever is visiting has indeed traveled such vast distances, why have so many shapes and sizes of recon vehicles when one size and shape would travel in more compact spaces. Fill a room with balls and boxes, lots of space remaining. Fill it with boxes and you have increased capacity. Storage space would be at a premium would it not?

So what can we conclude from this?

1. Are they entering our space through a worm hole with no reason to pack a lunch even. Visit Earth at 9am, back before the noodles get cold.

2. More than one civilization visiting us. A concerted effort or a coincidence?

3. Different time line visitors might mean different technology of ships. Same civilization but 10,000 yrs apart in their own time for example.

or...

Is it just us up there and it's our tech that's advancing? Have we actually discovered time travel and that's how we see ships in old paintings and manuscripts...in other words, we are the ones traveling back in time. The alternate dimension theory can be placed here as well. The BERENSTEIN vs BERENSTAIN thread comes to mind. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe it is just us and that could mean that our little blue orb hasn’t even been discovered by another civilization yet. I believe they’re out there but do they really know where we are?

That’s it.

Peace

edit on 26-9-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

D-10, didn't know Pac-Man was a UFO.

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SloAnPainful

D-10, didn't know Pac-Man was a UFO.

-SAP-

You thought he was human?

Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
UFOs are either:

1. Hoax (most likely).

2. A phenomena that is explainable but the viewer doesn't know what it is.

3. An unknown aerial phenomena caused by nature.

4. Hallucination.
edit on 26-9-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
UFOs are either:

1. Hoax (most likely).

2. A phenomena that is explainable but the viewer doesn't know what it is.

3. An unknown aerial phenomena caused by nature.

4. Hallucination.

B-B-But...

That doesn't really answer my question does it?

Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
It's like earth with all its different shapes of transportation.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11Before the "BI" (Before Internet), I stumbled a cross a disk catalog of all the pictures of UFOs. The one thing that struck me odd was the number of unique UFOs there were. Large, small, early 1900s to the present, mid 1980s. Quite a data base.

After looking at it for awhile I wondered if the UFO drivers built new models every year, like we do automobiles. But, what we do is quite wasteful if you look at it. And besides, today, they build cars to fall apart after a few years. Surly the "Aliens" were not so thoughtless......

But after reviewing the disk a few times I noticed that in 3 pictures the same disk design was present. Different countries, timelines, and photographers, so the odds of it being a hoax were slim to none. It proved to me that there was in fact "Something" that was real. Cant really nail down who it belonged to or who the pilots were, just that something was going on.

As for the rest of the pictures, well, they vary in just about as many ways as some peoples imaginations can reach. If you never saw a "Disk" in person, you are going to "Create" one using your imagination, and everyone has their own unique imagination.

So in essence, the disk proved to me that 1. UFO disks are real, and 2. Some folks have vivid imaginations. The next question in my mind is, are these people associated in some manner to be inspired to hoax UFO pictures?????

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
If I conceded - for the sake of this thread - that any or all of these exist, there is still no scale being presented.

We have many aircraft, ranging from the giant AN-225, the C-5 etc. plus the various 747 variants, all the way down to little Cessna aircraft, with many different shapes and sizes inbetween. They all have a specific job to do, and are configured accordingly.
The F-22 is a very different shape and size to a Boeing 777.

We have delta wings, swept wings, and we have swing wings, and we have U2 style long wings. We have X-29 and SU-47 style forward swept wings. We have wing shaped B-2 bombers, and F-117...er....bombers.[!]. We have YF-23, and F-22 style diamond shapes wings. We have different propulsion systems.

What are the various sizes of the UFOs? All the same size?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
It's like earth with all its different shapes of transportation.

But if we are transporting long Distances we pack a truck load of bikes, a flat bed of cars or a ship with containers to make the load more compact.

That's what I'm getting at.

Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badgered1
If I conceded - for the sake of this thread - that any or all of these exist, there is still no scale being presented.

We have many aircraft, ranging from the giant AN-225, the C-5 etc. plus the various 747 variants, all the way down to little Cessna aircraft, with many different shapes and sizes inbetween. They all have a specific job to do, and are configured accordingly.
The F-22 is a very different shape and size to a Boeing 777.

We have delta wings, swept wings, and we have swing wings, and we have U2 style long wings. We have X-29 and SU-47 style forward swept wings. We have wing shaped B-2 bombers, and F-117...er....bombers.[!]. We have YF-23, and F-22 style diamond shapes wings. We have different propulsion systems.

What are the various sizes of the UFOs? All the same size?

Different sizes and shapes yes. But we are also not traveling across the universe with a container full of planes either. Maybe the Different size/shape of UFO's are related to specific tasks?

Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
If they are from time travel but from here Planet Earth, then they will probably look different as technology changes. If theyare from out there, from different places again they will look different.

I'm working on a new one right now. I was listening to the radio and this muslim person was saying that they believe that our whole lives are recorded and played back to us after we pass on. Made me think, are these spaceships/ufos actually the cameras recording us?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The imagination of the human mind is quite an amazing thing....

Christiaan huygens used to look up at Jupiter and wonder what it was like on that planet he imagined how the 'beings' on that planet got around, so he came up with this long string of questions starting from life on that planet leading down to oceans and boats and then to how the boats were controlled, with rope. So he came to the conclusion that beings on Jupiter were growing hemp.

It's quite interesting to see how his perspective of what 'other life' in space got around their planets was full sized sailing ships (fit for the time) and we who use ships that can travel in our solar system see other life in the universe as using... interstellar space ships.
edit on 26-9-2014 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
They must not believe in uniform manufacturing. Perhaps they have graduated to customization and they "pimp" their UFO rides?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

The human imagination is capable of conjuring anything it can imagine!

It's actually a wonder that there are not 1000,s of ufo types!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
We are one civilization but have multiply designs of airplanes, so it doesn't necessarily mean more Alien civilization when different shapes of UFO's are seen.

The saucer shape is historical the most seen one, and described as saucer looking before Kenneth Arnold named it saucer ( Flying Saucer ).

The weird thing about UFO's is their appearance change through human time. In just "40" years it has slowly changed from solid "metal" looking to light's in the sky, IMO it follows our way of thinking what they could look like as to Aliens progress in technology or design.

The annoying things that blur our vision about UFO's are the hoaxes, they are everywhere and destroy the whole UFO phenomena as we can't separate the real from the fake, and the money making machine adds even more blur to the discussion.

It's really hard today to keep an open mind...

edit on 26-9-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I think there's countless species visiting this area and they each have different designs and different technology. We see an incredibly diverse amount of visitors with ethics, etiquette, shapes and sizes I can't imagine the crafts are all the same.

The world alone is home to so many design movements and forms of artistic expression. I can only imagine what else is out there.

I often wonder about this myself and I think it's due to the differences in art, technology and expression among the visitors, S + F.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
The imagination of the human mind is quite an amazing thing....

Christiaan huygens used to look up at Jupiter and wonder what it was like on that planet he imagined how the 'beings' on that planet got around, so he came up with this long string of questions starting from life on that planet leading down to oceans and boats and then to how the boats were controlled, with rope. So he came to the conclusion that beings on Jupiter were growing hemp.

It's quite interesting to see how his perspective of what 'other life' in space got around their planets was full sized sailing ships (fit for the time) and we who use ships that can travel in our solar system see other life in the universe as using... interstellar space ships.

Never read him but it sounds intriguing.

Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Because we can't travel across the universe. Yet. We've barely reached out into our own solar system.

Aircraft carrier is my response:
Traditionally there would be fighters, fighter bombers, dedicated bombers, electronic warfare aircraft, AWACS style aircraft, helicopters, transport aircraft etc. all on one deck. Again, it all comes down to scale. Nobody is clear on the size of the UFOs that were spotted, and nobody has a clue on the ones that were not...

For example, a Nimitz class carrier may have at one point carried Prowler, Hawkeye, Corsair, Tomcat, Hornet, Skyhawk, Intruder, Viking type aircraft (I'm not getting into eras and various replacements being used at different times). All different. PLUS, a carrier is always accompanied by other seagoing vessels - destroyers etc.

I guess it depends what you're looking for. If you think UFOs look like, say, an F-14 Tomcat (or a disc UFO), when behind it is a Nimitz class carrier style UFO (let's call it a cigar shape), you're missing the big picture. IF UFOs are out there, they won't have come with one type only. Unless it's like the HMS Beagle.......

I'm not speaking directly at you, just responding generally.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
I think there's countless species visiting this area and they each have different designs and different technology. We see an incredibly diverse amount of visitors with ethics, etiquette, shapes and sizes I can't imagine the crafts are all the same.

The world alone is home to so many design movements and forms of artistic expression. I can only imagine what else is out there.

I often wonder about this myself and I think it's due to the differences in art, technology and expression among the visitors, S + F.

I believe you may be right on the numerous species.

It's the only reason I can see for all the shapes/sizes.

Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Badgered1

Because we can't travel across the universe. Yet. We've barely reached out into our own solar system.

Aircraft carrier is my response:
Traditionally there would be fighters, fighter bombers, dedicated bombers, electronic warfare aircraft, AWACS style aircraft, helicopters, transport aircraft etc. all on one deck. Again, it all comes down to scale. Nobody is clear on the size of the UFOs that were spotted, and nobody has a clue on the ones that were not...

For example, a Nimitz class carrier may have at one point carried Prowler, Hawkeye, Corsair, Tomcat, Hornet, Skyhawk, Intruder, Viking type aircraft (I'm not getting into eras and various replacements being used at different times). All different. PLUS, a carrier is always accompanied by other seagoing vessels - destroyers etc.

I guess it depends what you're looking for. If you think UFOs look like, say, an F-14 Tomcat (or a disc UFO), when behind it is a Nimitz class carrier style UFO (let's call it a cigar shape), you're missing the big picture. IF UFOs are out there, they won't have come with one type only. Unless it's like the HMS Beagle.......

I'm not speaking directly at you, just responding generally.

I get your point.

What I mean is that although the ships we have carry many different types of craft, the ship itself can be serviced at sea. A UFO is most likely solo.

The ship is usually never more than a few Days at most from port as well. UFO's may be ??? years away from home.

I think you might have another point tho. I believe that perhaps they may carry a few different crafts for different duties.

Peace

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join