It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

What Do You Think About This

page: 1

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:16 PM
I came to know someone who is homeless. This isn't your ordinary homeless person. His not riddled with mental health problems or addiction problems. He claims that he had lost everything as both a combination of the economical crash of 2008-2009 and an ongoing conspiracy that he had unknowingly been at the center of. This story is complex, deep and very disturbing in parts. I find this individual interesting and trust what he has told me to be true because he really is a bright person who when you get to know him comes off as someone that should be enjoying great success in life, not destitution.

First off I would like to hear the opinions of ATS users about this first topic of discussion concerning this homeless man's family.

Yesterday he had told me that only an hour before I came to visit him that someone who looked exactly like his brother parked near where he was to return a movie in one of those red box machines. He looked at the license plate of the minivan that the person who looked like his brother was driving and it was coincidentally the same state that his brother is living in. The homeless person, surprised at the coincidence decided to tell the person who pulled up that yes, he does look exactly like his brother and he even offered his brother's name to him then explained that his brother is in the same state as him. As you can imagine, anyone who would be in such a devastating condition in life would be overjoyous to see anyone they are related to randomly pull up in front of them like that. The homeless person talked to him and was so convinced that he was identical to his brother that he wrote his brother's name down on a slip of paper and gave it to him, telling him to look him up on the internet because it would be like looking in the mirror. The person who looked like his brother took the paper, got in his minivan then drove away.

My question is, if that was actually his brother what is your opinion of his behavior? I mean, wouldn't that be treacherous to do such a thing? If I happened upon a family member out on the street like that I would surely be concerned about why they are out there and definitely bring him home to help get his life together again. That would be heartless.

So what do you think, coincidence or treacherous brother?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:23 PM
It could be the brother or it could be your friend seeing similiarity and hope when in a weakened state of being.

I once freaked out when I saw "my brother" in a petrol station in the car in front because I knew he was hundreds of miles away. The person was so similiar looking I actually rang my own brother half expecting to see the man in question answer his phone. The likeness was uncanny and actually made me feel a little queasy for about half an hour.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:30 PM
Hey homeless man here

After my father died my mom went nuts and my brother turned to drugs

He wound up stealing my identity and well long story short

life just hit the capper so I bought a van

Been living this way for almost three years now

Life can get bad fast and stay that way

So yea treacherous brother is not a big stretch

I almost put mine away for eight years
edit on pm920143003America/ChicagoFri, 26 Sep 2014 15:32:14 -0500_9u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:59 PM
What do I think? Hmmm, someone is majoring in Psychology.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:00 PM
There's much more to this homeless man's story that I will elaborate on another day. I find him to be very genuine and many of the things he has told me actually make a lot of sense and lent me insights to things that have happened in my own life. So you know, I thought this message board would be the appropriate place to talk about this.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:56 PM
It probably wasn't his brother. I have a true story that happened to me back in 2007-2008:

My best friend and cousin had a massive heart attack and died in the floor of his house. His mom found him. A year or two later, I was in town. I stopped at a mini mall at a tobacco store. As I walked across the parking lot, this guy comes out of the store. I didn't look at him until he was about 15-20 feet from me. When I looked up, I stopped, lost my breath and stared at him in complete horror, confusion, sadness, disbelief, shock, utter amazement, etc., etc.. I couldn't even speak. I just stared at him as he passed. I couldn't believe it!! He wore the same type of hat my cousin wore. He dressed the same.

This guy was identical, and I mean, IDENTICAL looking to my cousin. I helped bury my cousin. He was dead. No doubts about that. But here was this man. I had tears in my eyes. It shook me up. I was shaking. I wanted to run up to him and talk to him, maybe ask him some family questions, but I didn't want to freak this guy out with my energy. I wanted so bad to get to know this guy, thinking it would somehow replace what I had lost, but then it dawned on me that my cousin can't be replaced by a doppelganger.

This is what your friend saw, IMO.