It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the Aliens? (Video)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

How did you get there?

How did we get here?
edit on 27-9-2014 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

We evolved here.
But I do know that no matter where you go, there you are.
edit on 9/27/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Mr Mask

example- Earth...if it survives long enough- will surely find and use these "magical means" you suggest. But for billions of years our technology "before that phase" will still be echoing outward for all ears and eyes to hear and see.

How doe we know how far our signals actually reach out there? For all we know they may not even leave the Solar System.

We do not "know" anything for sure. in fact, "science" is not in the business of "knowing". it is in the business off statistical possibilities that can be tested and re-tested.

But- science is pretty sure our signals leave our solar system. Nothing we know about physics says they would not. We can not just throw around "how do you know" to answer basic concepts like "do signals travel across time-space".

We are pretty sure they do. And if they do not...then we are in a very curious reality very unlike any and all speculations we have as a whole.

MM

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Hey mask, you gonna join Erik and i and a few others when we do our ATS co-op?
Thinking of doing left 4 dead

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

We are pretty sure they do. And if they do not...then we are in a very curious reality very unlike any and all speculations we have as a whole.
Well, here's some speculation by a really, really smart guy. Directly addressing the paradox.
www.amazon.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Why do you suspect we don't see evidence of technological "noise" in our local vicinity? I'm truly curious.

I am pretty sure they are out there and your list is pretty good. But even with a lack of any real information I can come up with a couple of additional possibilities. I am, btw, pretty sure "they" are out there.

4) They are scared of each other and are being vewy vewy quiet so as to not attract attention. If that were the case it seems unlikely that they would be doing much gallivanting around the galaxy.

5) They utilize tight beam communications (lasers) and we don't happen to be in the way of one of the beams. That would mean they wouldn't be phoning home from here, at least, not two way.

Ya, I consider those possibilities as well. The "great predator" theory- everything is quite cus those who are not are quickly eatne up and removed. Or- they are using technology we are not geared to listen to or its not hitting us for one reason or another.

I am also very sure there are aliens out there. I am glad you think so too. I also think we are decades away from proving this on some small level or another. Time will tell.

I just don't expect a visit. Not from anything "alive" anyways.

MM

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Or- they are using technology we are not geared to listen to or its not hitting us for one reason or another.

We're geared for laser listening. I know the man being talked about here, scary smart:
www.coseti.org...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Well, here's some speculation by a really, really smart guy. Directly addressing the paradox.
www.amazon.com...

I'm going to get ahold of that story and read it. Sounds interesting. Currently I'm rereading the Rama Series first.

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for the suggestion on new mind candy to read. Looks like I'm gunna have to postpone reading Hominids for a short bit.

www.amazon.com...

MM

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

You have no proof you "saw" alien life from space.

First of all, I didn't say I saw aliens, just a UFO. Intelliegntly guided, impossibly fast, totally silent, and a look and color I have not seen before or since. I was with others I knew and strangers I didn't. Once in a lifetime thing.

You can say there is no proof, but I already figured out what category you are in…

there is no proof that will convince a skeptic. Or playing…

Have a nice thread.

PS-- If I was them I wouldn't reveal myself to you either, Whats the point, you would write it off to a bit of moldy bread or being "tired".

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

Hey mask, you gonna join Erik and i and a few others when we do our ATS co-op?
Thinking of doing left 4 dead

Hmmmm...Hahhaahah that would actually be awesome. Maybe! If I can find my left4dead disk and you play on Xbox360 on a day i am free- I'm down lol.

MM

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I dont have a console, it would have to be on the PC, left 4 dead 2 is free on steam

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I'm rereading the Rama Series first.

I loved the Rama series, thinking of rebuying to reread it on my ipad

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

You have no proof you "saw" alien life from space.

First of all, I didn't say I saw aliens, just a UFO. Intelliegntly guided, impossibly fast, totally silent, and a look and color I have not seen before or since. I was with others I knew and strangers I didn't. Once in a lifetime thing.

You can say there is no proof, but I already figured out what category you are in…

there is no proof that will convince a skeptic. Or playing…

Have a nice thread.

PS-- If I was them I wouldn't reveal myself to you either, Whats the point, you would write it off to a bit of moldy bread or being "tired".

One- you DID say you saw proof of aliens...

Two- Do not put me in a class. I am very open minded and spent over 30 years of my life researching and seeking answers.

Three- I also have seen what kind of guy you are. You first say you saw proof of aliens, then say you didn't (making you dishonest) and you also call something that seems very much like a normal atmospheric condtion "a UFO" that proves aliens are here.

Please do not put me in boxes you have no idea of. Its you who is identifying "UFOs" from brief glimpses that actually sound like common atmospheric anomalies.

I have spoken to many people in my town who saw "craft" in the 60s. Dozens actually. All saw the same thing. I also saw something very weird a few years ago that really blew my mind. I am not here to say that any of that is "aliens".

I also am not telling you what you saw was not aliens.

Its you being intellectually dishonest with yourself and others.

Good day sir.

MM

edit on 27-9-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Lastly sir...before YOU tell ME what "type I am" on this subject. Take a look at a video I did that explains you are very wrong about what I find possible and/or what you have called your UFO haphazardly.

One of us is loosely jumping to conclusions. And its not me. So thanks for being "closed minded".

MM

edit on 27-9-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

We do not "know" anything for sure.

Last one. For witnesses its no longer about "believing" or not believing,

People who haven't witnessed these events will never understand what they mean by that.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

We evolved here.

You saw life actually evolve here? Where? Were you there?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

We do not "know" anything for sure.

Last one. For witnesses its no longer about "believing" or not believing,

People who haven't witnessed these events will never understand what they mean by that.

Sir...no offense but what you saw in my opinion is nothing as spectacular as what I saw with my own eyes. You saw a silent racing light? Wow...big deal...sorry, but to me that is nothing compaired to what me and another witness saw two summers ago.

Don't tell me about being a closed minded skeptic. You are a closed minded "lofty type" who jumps to conclusions you like haphazardly.

I'm seeking truth...not quick judgments that fit my fancy. I'm sorry sir, but if anyone is being a "skeptic" its you. You are being "skeptical" of logic and evidence while chasing your own whimsical fantasy you attached to a weird sighting.

MM

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

One of us is loosely jumping to conclusions. And its not me. So thanks for being "closed minded".

Ditto.

Do you take anyone at their word? "Close minded" is beginning most of your replies to me with "no evidence". You didn't ask me to relate why I have concluded what I have from my realm of experience (too late now) , you just held out your "no evidence", which by the way is a prejudgment on your part having never met me or known me at all.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

your own whimsical fantasy you attached to a weird sighting.

My point exactly. Like you were there…

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

You saw life actually evolve here? Where? Were you there?

No. And I haven't seen ET either but I'm pretty sure he's out there.
More sure that we evolved here though.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join