It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are all the Aliens? (Video)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Hello all you wonderful ATSers. Some of you already know I make videos on youtube for gamers and geeks alike. I have returned to once again share a video I have made that speaks about a subject I find ATS worthy and also very interesting. This video is about the "Fermi paradox" a question once asked in 1950 by the Nobel prize winning physicist Enrico Fermi.

The question is simple "With so many stars around us- where are the aliens?".

This video explains the question and gives a few examples of possible answers. It also has me singing and playing video games cus that's how I roll.

WARNING: Video contains bad singing over GREAT game play. If you do not like bad singing or video games played like a total beast- then do not watch this video.

I hope you enjoyed my commentary and that it makes you wonder about all the possible answers to fermi's paradox.

MM

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
That was absolutely fookin awesome, I diddnt stop laughing whilst thinking about what was being said the whole time.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

I am going to have that stuck in my head for weeks.....(shakes fist at screen)

well done sir. very funny.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: pryed -eyed-one
That was absolutely fookin awesome, I diddnt stop laughing whilst thinking about what was being said the whole time.

Awww man thanks for the awesome review! Some people ask me why the hell I play video games while talking about weird topics and then upload them. Reviews like yours are the answer to that question.

Thanks for the smile bro!

MM

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another

I am going to have that stuck in my head for weeks.....(shakes fist at screen)

well done sir. very funny.

DUDE I am honored that my lil video will be in your awesome skull for a whole week! That's awesome! Thanks for the nice comment and thanks for even watching. You rock sir as always.

MM

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
They are zipping around keeping tabs on us while face palming.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
AWESOME!👽, he yeah now I'll have that tune stuck in my head all day. Love the video too!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Looking at the first 2 replies, I ain't watching.

I have an OCD thing and that won't help is my guess....

Where all the aliens?

Good question.

Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CallYourBluff

And stealing our cows to mess with our heads. Its a damn shame they won't take our politicians instead.

Hugs bro!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
AWESOME!👽, he yeah now I'll have that tune stuck in my head all day. Love the video too!

Thanks so much! As a guy who spends waaaaay to much time making weird little jingles about wacky science subjects (while playing CoD)- hearing someone say they got my song stuck in their head is always awesome.

Your comment made me smile! Thanks for that!

MM

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Looking at the first 2 replies, I ain't watching.

I have an OCD thing and that won't help is my guess....

Where all the aliens?

Good question.

Peace

No worries my friend. The video is not for everyone surely. But at least we agree the question "where are all the aliens" is a good one.

Hugs bro!

MM

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It could be because of the fact that if a civilization did happen to thrive for a million years if it didn't destroy itself would see the universe, as we see, as insignificant.

Or maybe the universe is so vast that a civilization millions of years old would have only explored a very small fraction of it and the probability of another civilization being in that small explored fraction is miniscule.

In my opinion, the human race is the only civilization present, in a prison of sorts, bounded by the speed of light and three dimensional space.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

LOL you're crazy, snf

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Now I'm not saying aliens exist. However, if I recall correctly the majority of the universe is made of dark matter, and we have one hell of a time in trying to see it as well.

So I'm not so sure that the lack of evidence is always effective in concluding that something doesn't exist.

Fun video nonetheless

edit on 23930America/ChicagoFri, 26 Sep 2014 16:23:41 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

Maybe we're the most advanced, you never know! Maybe there are insurmountable problems unforeseen so far to us regarding deep space travel. Maybe the universe is just at that time where things are settled enough for extra intelligent life to start thriving. Maybe the vast majority of extra intelligent life in the universe are all relatively new to space faring. Some life might even travel incredibly slowly without aid of a ship and live to a colossal age.

Sucks to be us 'cause we'll never know.

Edit: unless they visit ofc !
edit on 26-9-2014 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Brilliant tune!!!

Top thread, top of the home page now!

"where are all the aliens" "where are all the aliens".....

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask

originally posted by: CallYourBluff

And stealing our cows to mess with our heads. Its a damn shame they won't take our politicians instead.

Hugs bro!

Well, there's nothing quite like a beef Vindaloo.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym

In my opinion, the human race is the only civilization present, in a prison of sorts, bounded by the speed of light and three dimensional space.

Sometimes I wonder this as well. The Rare Earth Hypothesis taken to its ultimate extreme. Possible. Scary.

I enjoyed your perspective and wording on that. Thank you.

MM

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

LOL you're crazy, snf

You may be correct on that. Thanks for the SnF my friend!!! Appreciated!

MM

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Now I'm not saying aliens exist. However, if I recall correctly the majority of the universe is made of dark matter, and we have one hell of a time in trying to see it as well.

So I'm not so sure that the lack of evidence is always effective in concluding that something doesn't exist.

Fun video nonetheless

A very true statement there. One famous answer to the fermi paradox is that advanced technologies are invisible to our primitive technologies. Reasons for such would be that "to survive in space you must be stealthy and sly". Like a small fish in a big pond. Those who make noise go away. Those who survive are those who remain dark.

Thanks for the comment and for offering a possible solution to the Fermi paradox!

MM

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join