It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Superstition played by Chet Catallo (Spyro Gyra) and the Cats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

This man took my lover's father under his wing when he was a young man and taught him to play guitar. Back in those days, you just didn't play Jazz in Texas, so it was a hard road for him. I have a lot of respect for this man. He made his money and got out of the industry with his soul intact. He never got the rewards or the extravagant fame, but he's lived a comfortable life and continues to support a musical lifestyle locally in Rochester, NY.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I wonder if he knows that Spyro Gyra was already on the downslide before he drew his first breath and started pooping mustard?

Damn I'm old!

Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The first offical "Jazz School" in the WORLD to have a Degree program recognized is UNT in Denton, Texas. You would be blown away to find out all the "Stars" that recieved their education here. Meatloaf, Roy Orbison, to Norah Jones, even Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Just an fyi type of post here, no intention of knocking you or your post.

Jazz is the true roots of Rock&Roll. Anyone with a Jazz base learns improvisation, and that can be a BIG help with writing all types of music.

reply to: Nechash

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: wastedown
The first offical "Jazz School" in the WORLD to have a Degree program recognized is UNT in Denton, Texas. You would be blown away to find out all the "Stars" that recieved their education here. Meatloaf, Roy Orbison, to Norah Jones, even Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Just an fyi type of post here, no intention of knocking you or your post.

Jazz is the true roots of Rock&Roll. Anyone with a Jazz base learns improvisation, and that can be a BIG help with writing all types of music.

reply to: Nechash

Don't forget Willie!

Peace

new topics

top topics

join