It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Launch Console in Shopping Malls?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Serious question. If public centers had consoles where a countries nuclear weapons could be launched at the push of a button and they were kept unguarded would you press the button? Yes or No

Also if this was really the case and there was no way to disarm the weapons would you support actions to protect the launch buttons? Would you want them to be moved to safer places if disarming them was not an option? Would you support just a selected few to be able to reach the new locations?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

That's not a serious question...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Are you making a commentary on our nuclear arsenal being protected by sleeping and often drinking commanders?
So often in fact, that a pizza delivery guy could walk right in and deliver a pizza?
And given this is all common knowledge a terrorist could, if he or she wanted to, walk right in and start WW3?

Oh, I forgot to answer your question.
Yes, I would push the button!
That's what buttons are made for isn't it.
edit on 9/26/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

nice deflection. you should attack my character now to stay in character

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Stop playing the victim

You've created a thread with a ridiculous premise, with the caveat that it is a 'serious question'.....

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

No it is a glimpse into the hidden truths of religous control we have going on in the world and it is a glimpse into the reason why some knowledge needs to be kept from us. I am gonna put you first two down as a no vote. You would not want that kinda control to be i everyones reach. Hidden truths in this world have even more serious implications then the scenerio i present.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

so that's a no for you or are you just gonna try to not understand the premise beyond what you have already told yourself. Do you know the secrets that have been hidden and that is why you try to deflect from the question. POINT some things hidden from us are far more dangerous than what i present and religion hides them for us.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I would not press it.

The implications of a nuclear launch are too much for this world to handle. This reminds me of a psychological experiment.

"Now Johnny, in front of you is a console with nuclear missiles at the ready. If you press it your rival goes to bits. And your family, your friends go away too. You have five minutes to decide, Johnny."

It's like Milgram on radioactive steroids

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

You got it. Just like Jesus saying that if he told them the truth they would kill him. The truth is and if some will come into the thread and be spiritually honest they would choose YES.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

All control eventually leads to rebellion against it, no matter the subject.

There is no hidden truth important enough that should be kept secret from the world.
If there was such information who would make the judgement call as to it's security or release?
That in itself is editorial in nature and still a form of control by default.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I would probably unhook/cut a few certain wires so that when someone qualified needed to do it, then they'd know which wires to hook back up.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

it depends where they are pointed at...i may push one just to check it off my list of things to do....launch a nuke is like number 97

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

All control eventually leads to rebellion against it, no matter the subject.

There is no hidden truth important enough that should be kept secret from the world.

If there was such information who would make the judgement call as to it's security or release?

That in itself is editorial in nature and still a form of control by default.

Really???
So let's say for a moment that i am not a liar about this and i am very serious here. If i gave a list of three items that could be brought together from any shopping mall and when they came together the whole world would become a picture from dante's inferno would you want me to post the recipe right now on this thread???

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Do you know the secrets that have been hidden and that is why you try to deflect from the question. POINT some things hidden from us are far more dangerous than what i present and religion hides them for us.

Yes I know the secrets that have been hidden and that is why I try to deflect.

I would share them with you but it would kill you.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

So let's say for a moment that i am not a liar about this and i am very serious here. If i gave a list of three items that could be brought together from any shopping mall and when they came together the whole world would become a picture from dante's inferno would you want me to post the recipe right now on this thread???

I would.
If it is our purpose to annihilate ourselves then why beat around the bush. The truth will eventually come out anyway and rather then suppress the knowledge for some self-righteous, higher 'understanding' of what is good for everyone else based on my own personal views, I'd rather see it all end.

But then again how would you know you were right?
What if our only chance at salvation was through purgatory?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

OK so how do you deal with the constant bickering over you not sharing knowledge with us? Do you just tell yourself that things are just the way they have to be in order for life to continue and that what you do not say is justified? How do you deal with those spirits that come and inhabit the flesh just so they can get a chance to try and end it all for everyone? What if those spirits choose very sexy women and charming men to inhabit? How do you deal with their seemingly rational explainations of your past actions that were necessary in order for them to even have a chance to be born? Do you keep close tabs on them and even stop them by any means when they get close to their goals?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I gotta say thank you for proving my point for me. I get why you say yes but just know your yes answer would kill 8 billion people because you thought it was the right choice. Now what happens when you move on and realize you never had all the facts? How would you live with yourself where ever youu are? Also tell me why the flesh should suffer through your personal choice made from your spirit?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I gotta say thank you for proving my point for me. I get why you say yes but just know your yes answer would kill 8 billion people because you thought it was the right choice. Now what happens when you move on and realize you never had all the facts? How would you live with yourself where ever youu are? Also tell me why the flesh should suffer through your personal choice made from your spirit?

I never said pushing the button was the right choice, just a choice to be made and realistically if there were buttons such as this in the mall I doubt I would get there in time to push it or even get near it, due to the volumes of people.
So yes I would push it, just out of sheer sarcasm to an unrealistic situation.
As an example, I actually have such a button in my house right now, it is the trigger to one of my firearms. Been an owner for years now and I have yet to kill anyone.
As for withholding truth, it is a completely different situation. It should not be up to any one person or group as to decide what is right for the world.

I don't find your accusatory language used in the last post an acceptable definition of my beliefs at all, not even close. In fact they are your own beliefs followed by your own blind conviction and now it makes what Prezbo369 wrote earlier completely true about you and your ridiculously religiously baited thread.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Justified murder of 8 billion in your mind.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I would press the button.

Why?

Because if I didn't, then I'd be leaving the fate of myself and my family at the mercy of anyone else.

I'd like to control as much of my destiny as possible.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join