It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists (and others)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Greetings to you, and thank you for your interest or concern in my post.
I am a Catholic Christian. You are probably an atheist.
Though we have different thoughts on how the Universe came into existence, we are essentially united in our ability to observe the world around us, but divided on how we understand it. We can all come to agreements through understanding and through compromise. Obviously, most people agree on the basics-
Food and air.
Some things that we may also agree on.
Math is everywhere.
Evolution in some way is true.
There are stars in the sky with worlds like our own.
There is a possibility that there are beings outside of our Solar system.
Science is a human observational description of the interaction of the elements and properties of our universe.
There are things in this universe that we can not see, or do not understand.
We have the ability to understand things that we do not see.
Whether we are programmed or not, we can achieve peace, wisdom, and understanding (order).

I realize that this list is made from my personal opinion, I invite changes, corrections, and substitutes to my list.
I would also like to add that though civility is a nice touch, it is not required.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
We are also divided on how we understand one another.
edit on 26-9-2014 by apydomis because: Correction

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
How Christians view the world is none of my business. I'm a happy camper if I can be left alone with my perceptions...Simple really.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Food, air and sleep. Sorry -early morning - I have sleep on the brain

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: apydomis

The List is pretty good, from my angle too. I did the church thing until I was about 15. Then I decided I would not go there any more. I had to go to a Catholic Church at times, and a Presbyterian Church. I did not like the programming it was achieving on the Members. I found it redundant I guess.
I have my own Faith in that someone or something is out there that is of higher powers and it's own understanding of how we are supposed to be acting towards each other and how we are probably their slaves on this planet.
The 'Higher ups' that want to control us have some knowledge of who or what is controlling us all, and they try to instill their own attitudes and thoughts into us all. I for One, do NOT buy into Their Scheme!!!
I bow down to NoBody!!!
Thanx for the share of Your thoughts. Syx.
edit on 26-9-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Nice to see a believer speaking rationally, and not spewing out indoctrinated BS.

I'm not the person to challenge your post, but I totally respect the way you went about it.
Other Christians on here should take a leaf out of your book!
Not mentioning names....

BO XIAN
Jesus loves etc, we all know who they are.

Sorry mods, I will take my punishment as given.
edit on 26/9/14 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 04:08 PM
link   

" Others " here.
Hi.
Wondering how you may feel about those observations, or " basics ", today ?
Has your view morphed at all ?

posted on Jul, 31 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SyxPak

I bow down to NoBody!!!

Are you sure you're not a slave to at least something? The people below also thought they weren't a slave to anyone. John 8:31-34:

31 Then Jesus went on to say to the Jews who had believed him: “If you remain in my word, you are really my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” 33 They replied to him: “We are Abraham’s offspring* [Lit., “seed.”] and never have been slaves to anyone. How is it you say, ‘You will become free’?” 34 Jesus answered them: “Most truly I say to you, every doer of sin is a slave of sin.

Romans 6:16

16 Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey, either of sin leading to death or of obedience leading to righteousness?

At John 8:37-47 Jesus elaborates on who their real spiritual father is, in essence, who they are really slaves to:

37 I know that you are Abraham’s offspring. But you are seeking to kill me, because my word makes no progress among you. 38 I speak the things I have seen while with my Father, but you do the things you have heard from your father.” 39 In answer they said to him: “Our father is Abraham.” Jesus said to them: “If you were Abraham’s children, you would be doing the works of Abraham. 40 But now you are seeking to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. 41 You are doing the works of your father.” They said to him: “We were not born from immorality; we have one Father, God.”

42 Jesus said to them: “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I have not come of my own initiative, but that One sent me. 43 Why do you not understand what I am saying? Because you cannot listen to* [Or “accept.”] my word. 44 You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie. 45 Because I, on the other hand, tell you the truth, you do not believe me. 46 Who of you convicts me of sin? If I speak truth, why is it that you do not believe me? 47 The one who is from God listens to the sayings of God. This is why you do not listen, because you are not from God.”

Serving sin by obeying it and serving the Devil by obeying his world or system of things, men are not free but are slaves. They think of themselves as free, but in fact they are not free. We must keep in mind that there are many types of slavery. People can enslave themselves to various addictions that prove extremely difficult to escape. And people can be enslaved by lies and deception, fooled into a life of subjugation to false teachings.

What about enslavement to lies and deception? Jesus Christ assures us that freedom from such is possible. “If you remain in my word,” he said, “you are really my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31, 32) At the time he spoke, many of his listeners were enslaved to a rigid code of Pharisaic tradition. In fact, Jesus said of the religious leaders of his day: “They bind up heavy loads and put them upon the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger.” (Matthew 23:4) Jesus’ teachings freed people from such bondage. He exposed religious lies for what they were, even identifying their source. (John 8:44) And he replaced the lies with the truth, revealing clearly God’s reasonable requirements for mankind.​—Matthew 11:28-30.

Like Jesus’ disciples, thousands of people today are finding that with God’s help they can break free from the religious lies and false traditions that have enslaved them. After learning the refreshing truths of the Bible, they find themselves free from oppressive fear of the dead, free from terror of eternal torment in a fiery hell, and free from pressure to pay hard-earned money for religious services performed by clerics who claim to represent Christ​—the one who said: “You received free, give free.” (Matthew 10:8)

Context (playlist)

edit: oops, only now I'm noticing I'm replying to a comment from 7 years ago. Well, I'll just keep the comment as it is as a reminder for others then.
edit on 31-7-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

join