It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Dear Atheists (and others)

page: 1

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:48 AM
Greetings to you, and thank you for your interest or concern in my post.
I am a Catholic Christian. You are probably an atheist.
Though we have different thoughts on how the Universe came into existence, we are essentially united in our ability to observe the world around us, but divided on how we understand it. We can all come to agreements through understanding and through compromise. Obviously, most people agree on the basics-
Food and air.
Some things that we may also agree on.
Math is everywhere.
Evolution in some way is true.
There are stars in the sky with worlds like our own.
There is a possibility that there are beings outside of our Solar system.
Science is a human observational description of the interaction of the elements and properties of our universe.
There are things in this universe that we can not see, or do not understand.
We have the ability to understand things that we do not see.
Whether we are programmed or not, we can achieve peace, wisdom, and understanding (order).

I realize that this list is made from my personal opinion, I invite changes, corrections, and substitutes to my list.
I would also like to add that though civility is a nice touch, it is not required.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:01 PM
We are also divided on how we understand one another.
edit on 26-9-2014 by apydomis because: Correction

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:06 PM
How Christians view the world is none of my business. I'm a happy camper if I can be left alone with my perceptions...Simple really.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:25 PM
Food, air and sleep. Sorry -early morning - I have sleep on the brain

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:36 PM
a reply to: apydomis

The List is pretty good, from my angle too. I did the church thing until I was about 15. Then I decided I would not go there any more. I had to go to a Catholic Church at times, and a Presbyterian Church. I did not like the programming it was achieving on the Members. I found it redundant I guess.
I have my own Faith in that someone or something is out there that is of higher powers and it's own understanding of how we are supposed to be acting towards each other and how we are probably their slaves on this planet.
The 'Higher ups' that want to control us have some knowledge of who or what is controlling us all, and they try to instill their own attitudes and thoughts into us all. I for One, do NOT buy into Their Scheme!!!
I bow down to NoBody!!!
Thanx for the share of Your thoughts. Syx.
edit on 26-9-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:59 PM
Nice to see a believer speaking rationally, and not spewing out indoctrinated BS.

I'm not the person to challenge your post, but I totally respect the way you went about it.
Other Christians on here should take a leaf out of your book!
Not mentioning names....

Jesus loves etc, we all know who they are.

Sorry mods, I will take my punishment as given.
edit on 26/9/14 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

top topics