It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MPs support UK air strikes against IS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
BBC news

The UK Parliament has backed British participation in air strikes against Islamic State extremists in Iraq.

Looks like we are off to war...........

So while the UK is making budget cuts and slashing services we will be dropping $1 million bombs on people.....woo woopy.....great use of our limited budget.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Lesley Riddoch on Question Time asked some good questions last night.

She said none of our recent interventions have made the places or people better off.
And she asked for four questions to be answered by the UK gov and politicians calling for our involvement.

Will airstrikes Help the hostages?

Will airstikes and our involvement make British Citizens safer in the world?

Will airstrikes help the people who are currently being oppressed?

And -do we have an exit strategy?

Was a fairly interesting debate last night.

Those in the UK can watch here

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 26/9/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

I watched it too.

They firmly said last night NO ATTACKS IN SYRIA and promised no mission creep.

Today I see on bbc news Camron wants to attack syria......

Lies lies lies and lies.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Still no lessons learnt since last time in Iraq...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Watch out Assad, you time is almost up. Those sneaky liars have gone all out this time to get into Syria. This world really is broken.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Well at least your MPs get to discuss it. In Canada, Harper has strongly refused to do so. To have watched the sessions of the last couple of days was painful. His parliamentary secretary not only came off as extremely rude to the opposition but as well gave the finger to the Canadian people who also want to know the answers. He goes to NYC and in interviews with the American MSM the citizens of his country are treated to some information he flatly refused to give to our own press.

Another war in a continuous war. I feel ashamed that we have not been able to produce better leaders.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well 500 odd MPs have voted YES and 43 MPs have voted NO. Make of that as you will

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I caught part of his speech in parliament on the news before I left the office. How much clearer does he want to make it that they are after Assad? Seriously, it was Assad this, Assad that. I was stood there thinking, "I thought the stated target was ISIS"?

The "coalition" so far has consisted of the US and a motley assortment of ME dictatorships, so at least Obummer can claim they have Western backing now as well with the UK getting involved.

I assume all those MP's expecting their 10% pay rise will now opt of that to help pay for the war they have just rubber stamped?

top topics

join