It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone offer an explanation for some very strange incidents ofver the past few years?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: moonleaf
I believe that God gives us what we need when we need it.

A fair comment but that would involve beliveing in God and in doing so everything and anything can be explained with the same answer.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I used to believe in random coincidences and synchronicity. I finally had to accept the fact that nothing in life happens randomly.
People can accomplish many things when they come to this realization - good and bad.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I used to believe in random coincidences and synchronicity. I finally had to accept the fact that nothing in life happens randomly.
People can accomplish many things when they come to this realization - good and bad.

Were there reasons you could discuss which led you to change your opinion on the subject or at least expand upon the matter.

I would be interested to see how your views changed.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I needed it, had about 26p in my coat pocket, had been living off my dad for a few weeks and owed him most of the money. Infact i think we had a little argument over money not long before the post arrived too.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: liverlad

I needed it, had about 26p in my coat pocket, had been living off my dad for a few weeks and owed him most of the money. Infact i think we had a little argument over money not long before the post arrived too.

So do you put it down to getting very lucky at exactly the right time or something else?

And Have you tried saying it again whilst stood by the letterbox grinning!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
...I do have a knack for predicting the future, those that know me often ask my advice and some even belive I have a "gift" as far as thats concerned It's just a matter of thinking a situation through fully and running through all the possibilites then figuring out the most likley outcome.

...I have a couple of theories about this kind of thind but I will keep them to myself for now and see what anyone else might think.

I would like to hear/consider your theories on this...
Your tales have made for a good read, and are resoundingly familiar.
Karma - Precognition - Law of Attraction - We create our own reality... Quite a few to consider, already, not to mention my own patty melts.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash

originally posted by: nonspecific
...I do have a knack for predicting the future, those that know me often ask my advice and some even belive I have a "gift" as far as thats concerned It's just a matter of thinking a situation through fully and running through all the possibilites then figuring out the most likley outcome.

...I have a couple of theories about this kind of thind but I will keep them to myself for now and see what anyone else might think.

I would like to hear/consider your theories on this...
Your tales have made for a good read, and are resoundingly familiar.
Karma - Precognition - Law of Attraction - We create our own reality... Quite a few to consider, already, not to mention my own patty melts.

I would be interested in your own storys which have lead you to agree, this was certainly not intended to be a thread about me, have you had similiar situations or heard of them?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Happens to me all the time, I think this phenomena involves our memory filtering.
The human brain tries to build patterns out of random sensory data and events.
For example earlier today I posted about buying .355 gallons of gasoline at a 7-11 store.
The price on the sign said it was $3.149 a gallon.

Later today looking at a sheet of financial data I see the US dow Jones average closed at
1 7 11 3.15
Just coincidence.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower
Happens to me all the time, I think this phenomena involves our memory filtering.
The human brain tries to build patterns out of random sensory data and events.
For example earlier today I posted about buying .355 gallons of gasoline at a 7-11 store.
The price on the sign said it was $3.149 a gallon.

Later today looking at a sheet of financial data I see the US dow Jones average closed at
1 7 11 3.15
Just coincidence.

Yes i understand that phenomenon, I enjoy realising why I keep seeing certain things but I am not sure this is the same thing.

It could be said that you will remember a situation which turned out like this and forgot the ones that don't but that would entail putting yourself in this kind of situation consantly.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I've been having a lot of de-ja-vu lately, and I've also had experiences such as yours. I got a ticket for inspection pass due, and couldn't get the inspection without new tires. I didn't have the money for the 2 tires I needed and was freaking out about where and how to get it. I refused to borrow any money from my parents. At a previous retail job during this ordeal, a young man came in to purchase $10 in fuel. He handed me a plastic roll case that held the 40 quarters. After I cashed him out I examined the quarters. All 40 of them were silver quarters from 1932 to 64. They were worth almost 200$ at the time so I swapped cash for coin and sold the quarters. That random chance helped me out of a predicament.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
That is fascinating and just one more incredible "coincidence" that points to a more malleable reality than most of us in the West believe possible.

I'm of the (informed) opinion that our consciousness does indeed effect our environment... even more than common sense might dictate... and that intentions have a way of materializing (if in fact our external and internal landscapes are separate).

The trick seems to be keeping an intentional state of mind... it's difficult... and thus why traditional magik, and exercises along those lines, might have more to it than most would think (and why seeming simple minded self help idiocy might work, too along with eastern meditative practices, 'the secret,' religious miracles, some poltergeist-type things, etc.).

Or it all could be coincidence and mind is a simple observer stuck in a brain, totally reliant on fingers and thumbs ... except for those damned anomalies.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: InfinityandBeyond
I've been having a lot of de-ja-vu lately, and I've also had experiences such as yours. I got a ticket for inspection pass due, and couldn't get the inspection without new tires. I didn't have the money for the 2 tires I needed and was freaking out about where and how to get it. I refused to borrow any money from my parents. At a previous retail job during this ordeal, a young man came in to purchase $10 in fuel. He handed me a plastic roll case that held the 40 quarters. After I cashed him out I examined the quarters. All 40 of them were silver quarters from 1932 to 64. They were worth almost 200$ at the time so I swapped cash for coin and sold the quarters. That random chance helped me out of a predicament.

Do you have a theory as to how this chance situation occured or again did you just get lucky?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Maybe there are incidents that have not yet evolved far enough to "collapse the wave function" so to speak.
I've got a post office mystery I'm working on at the moment but not enough proof to bother posting about it.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

Maybe there are incidents that have not yet evolved far enough to "collapse the wave function" so to speak.
I've got a post office mystery I'm working on at the moment but not enough proof to bother posting about it.

You can't offer a post office mystery without discussing it. That would be mean unless you intend to wait until the time is right and amaze us all!

Pease tell me about the Post office mystery.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
That is fascinating and just one more incredible "coincidence" that points to a more malleable reality than most of us in the West believe possible.

I'm of the (informed) opinion that our consciousness does indeed effect our environment... even more than common sense might dictate... and that intentions have a way of materializing (if in fact our external and internal landscapes are separate).

The trick seems to be keeping an intentional state of mind... it's difficult... and thus why traditional magik, and exercises along those lines, might have more to it than most would think (and why seeming simple minded self help idiocy might work, too along with eastern meditative practices, 'the secret,' religious miracles, some poltergeist-type things, etc.).

Or it all could be coincidence and mind is a simple observer stuck in a brain, totally reliant on fingers and thumbs ... except for those damned anomalies.

I think we may be along similar thought paths although we will possibly explain it somewhat differently.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

There… see?

What ever you are doing is working. Keep it up.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Maybe we would explain it differently, but I cannot explain it to any certain degree at all. I do know that when I'm "in the zone," an intuitive, benevolent, care free state of mind... then things happen.

When I was a kid I remember my brothers and I were embroiled in the board game "Risk." I had two army pieces on Iceland standing off their two huge "armies." To those not familiar, it's basically a dice game and I reduced their two armies, while not losing a piece, by rolling 40 something consecutive double sixes... they lost their tempers, accused me of cheating (I was five and didn't know about loaded dice) and made me use different dice... but I kept rolling sixes, in retrospect, maybe because I didn't know it was statistically nearly impossible.

Other times, when broke and or just needing something, the needed article will just turn up... like money found on the ground or a friend with an extra dinner from work at a restaurant.

Sometimes it is one object...sometimes it's a series of situations culminating in the desired result.

Maybe it's the programmers of a simulated reality (or God and angels for the religious, spirits for the animists) or it's just our own minds writing the story... dunno, but I've certainly noticed "it."

"It" does seem to come when in a relaxed, intuitive state of mind though... effortless is how I'd describe it.

Dunno... perhaps we are psionic freaks, but I tend to think everyone has this capability, which is why the world is so jumbled... many people exerting their own influence and causing mild chaos.

But I know nothing for sure...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Maybe we would explain it differently, but I cannot explain it to any certain degree at all. I do know that when I'm "in the zone," an intuitive, benevolent, care free state of mind... then things happen.

When I was a kid I remember my brothers and I were embroiled in the board game "Risk." I had two army pieces on Iceland standing off their two huge "armies." To those not familiar, it's basically a dice game and I reduced their two armies, while not losing a piece, by rolling 40 something consecutive double sixes... they lost their tempers, accused me of cheating (I was five and didn't know about loaded dice) and made me use different dice... but I kept rolling sixes, in retrospect, maybe because I didn't know it was statistically nearly impossible.

Other times, when broke and or just needing something, the needed article will just turn up... like money found on the ground or a friend with an extra dinner from work at a restaurant.

Sometimes it is one object...sometimes it's a series of situations culminating in the desired result.

Maybe it's the programmers of a simulated reality (or God and angels for the religious, spirits for the animists) or it's just our own minds writing the story... dunno, but I've certainly noticed "it."

"It" does seem to come when in a relaxed, intuitive state of mind though... effortless is how I'd describe it.

Dunno... perhaps we are psionic freaks, but I tend to think everyone has this capability, which is why the world is so jumbled... many people exerting their own influence and causing mild chaos.

But I know nothing for sure...

So you are basically saying that all you know is that you know nothing...

Interesting I think I may have heard that before

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Since you asked:

I recently sold a mobile home to a friend and the state taxing authority sent me a letter at the mobile home address.
I've since moved up the road so the letter was forwarded.
The letter said the state had issued a check in my name in the amount of £12.31 that had gone undeposited.
They went on to say if I had not received the original mailing would I kindly sign and return the reminder letter.
Thinking it might be wise to get a receipt I went to the local post office branch to buy a postage stamp and mail the letter.
US postage stamp only costs 49 cents US or about 30.16p but when I tried to pay with a credit card the payment system went down at the post office!

The clerk at the next station confirmed this and since I had no cash the Post Pffice clerk said they would pay my postage and I could repay them next time I was in?

No idea what the check is for probably some kind of tax refund.

As I stated earlier I don't think I've heard the end of the story yet..

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I call on the Blessed Virgin of Guadalupe when in need. It usually works and I'm not even a Catholic or affiliated with any religion for that matter.

www.maryourmother.net...

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join