It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Curiosity clicks picture of a 'traffic signal' on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
NASA's Curiosity clicks picture of a 'traffic signal' on Mars

New York: Are aliens using traffic signal to cross roads on Red Planet? Fun apart, NASA's Curiosity Mars rover has clicked a picture on the Martian surface that resembles a "traffic signal".

I thought this was interesting. A very unusual rock formation. At first glance it does appear to be "manufactured" though, as they say, given enough time even a room full of typewriters manned by monkeys could eventually type out Shakespeare's sonnets.

It has been pointed out that there is already a thread over in Skunk Works about this Strange Object with four "Bulbs". Curiosity Sol 753

edit on 26-9-2014 by BomSquad because: I was going to insert the picture of the object, but the website is giving me a hard time.

edit on 26-9-2014 by BomSquad because: I think I got it working now.

edit on 26-9-2014 by BomSquad because: added link to other thread.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

That explains what he is looking at.

Just so you know this has already been discussed...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

given enough time even a room full of typewriters manned by monkeys could eventually type out Shakespeare's sonnets.

No they couldn't.

Anymore than a Jumbo jet can design build and take itself off the runway

But I'll play long about the traffic light…

What do we suppose the little extra light in the array is for?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Just so You know, Arken already has a Thread about this image. Here:Strange Object with Four 'Bulbs'

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Maybe the "extra" light is for nasa....to go backwards!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
For a rover named after the term 'curiosity', NASA isn't very curious. Why wouldn't they drive up to that formation and actually check it out? I mean, the rover is there to explore. I don't see why NASA is so hesitant to actually explore anything, that the rover has seen, that is strange.
edit on 9/26/2014 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I really hope the rover obeyed what ever light color was shown...last thing we need is an intergalactic space warrant.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
be carefull bet there is an alien with an lasergun behind the rocks for an speeding ticket....

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

given enough time even a room full of typewriters manned by monkeys could eventually type out Shakespeare's sonnets.

No they couldn't.

Anymore than a Jumbo jet can design build and take itself off the runway

But I'll play long about the traffic light…

What do we suppose the little extra light in the array is for?

you neglected the "as they say" right in front of it, implying this is folklore or hearsay, not scientific fact. I realize how unlikely the proposed scenario is, but the odds of it actually happening, while infinitesimally small, are not zero!

Infinite monkey theorem

The infinite monkey theorem states that a monkey hitting keys at random on a typewriter keyboard for an infinite amount of time will almost surely type a given text, such as the complete works of William Shakespeare.

In this context, "almost surely" is a mathematical term with a precise meaning, and the "monkey" is not an actual monkey, but a metaphor for an abstract device that produces an endless random sequence of letters and symbols. One of the earliest instances of the use of the "monkey metaphor" is that of French mathematician Émile Borel in 1913,[1] but the earliest instance may be even earlier. The relevance of the theorem is questionable—the probability of a universe full of monkeys typing a complete work such as Shakespeare's Hamlet is so tiny that the chance of it occurring during a period of time hundreds of thousands of orders of magnitude longer than the age of the universe is extremely low (but technically not zero).

edit on 26-9-2014 by BomSquad because: had to fix all the formatting mistakes

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Thanks for the clarification. I agree, not zero probability for anything to happen.

Imo, given that the Universe is also infinite in size and has always been there, then it follows anything is possible.

Except the impossibility that the Universe is not there (here), of course.

Thats impossible, because we are here. That implies design that prevents that infinitesimal possibility from occurring.

I don't have a link for that because me and my monkey just made it up.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well at least the rover will not be getting a speeding ticket since it tops out at around 30 METERS per hour. Not exactly a speed demon is it......

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
THATS MY TOOTHBRUSH!!!

I've been looking for that everywhere, now it have to go through the rigmarole of calling NASA and asking nicely if they could kindly retrieve it for me. Then there is the whole defossilization process, and the dust....my god the dust.....

Such a drag

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
hopefully not a piece of an old orbiting alien probe

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
double post :/
edit on 26-9-2014 by blacktie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
all jokes aside, how long is it going to be before someone actually challenges NASA to a public debate on these things? Of course they can always decline to comment, but it does show what small round things some TV channels/politicians have.

We get what we deserve and if we dont stand up and be counted then we dont deserve to be included. Or put another way, who put these guys in power? We did, and do we have the will and ability to get them out of power again? Obviously not.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BugOut
Well at least the rover will not be getting a speeding ticket since it tops out at around 30 METERS per hour. Not exactly a speed demon is it......

In this case a "Parking" ticket is requierd...

top topics

join