It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incest a 'fundamental right', German committee says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Laws banning incest between brothers and sisters in Germany could be scrapped after a government ethics committee said the they were an unacceptable intrusion into the right to sexual self-determination.

“Criminal law is not the appropriate means to preserve a social taboo,” the German Ethics Council said in a statement. “The fundamental right of adult siblings to sexual self-determination is to be weighed more heavily than the abstract idea of protection of the family.”

This is what happens when obsession with human rights over shadows common sense

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think they should be entitled to pursue that if they want to, it's up to them. However, I don't think they should be allowed to have children together because of the genetic abnormalities it causes. That's just my opinion though.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
ha ha ha

I miss the Jerry Springer show.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: stardust22
I think they should be entitled to pursue that if they want to, it's up to them. However, I don't think they should be allowed to have children together because of the genetic abnormalities it causes. That's just my opinion though.

Pursue what they want to, but not what comes from what they want?
Don't force sex rules, just force abortions?

hmmmm..??

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Well, I don't know if you've heard of this little thing called contraception? And they could adopt if they want kids. This is just my opinion so don't flame me for it...Also, it's not just about sex, but relationships as well.
edit on 3530amFri, 26 Sep 2014 09:31:35 -050026u353022 by stardust22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Don't force sex rules

One stipulation.

Incest among legal adults not with Children, no need to corrupt children before they've had time to develop intellectually enough so they could decide for themselves if in fact that's the lifestyle they'd want.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Agreed.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Well if they can"t have children, so can"t people with down syndrome or any other genetic defect.

At least that is the argumentation of "der Ethikrat" and I think they are correct.

Peace

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
So, basically they're saying that making Joffrey's are A-OK.

Seriously though, it's their prerogative, and from my perspective their reasoning is sound. No reason to punish someone in accordance with criminal law on the count of a social taboo.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I see it as a part of the effort of the governments to reduce the population faster.

Incest couples should not have children of their own, but adopt, decreasing the population.

The same with same sex couples, who rarely, except for celebrities, have their own children, but adopt, decreasing the population.

There are always underlying motives on the part of governments that have nothing to do with "love" or "kindness" or "fairness".

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Well, I don't know if you've heard of this little thing called contraception? And they could adopt if they want kids. This is just my opinion so don't flame me for it...Also, it's not just about sex, but relationships as well.

Nothing I said was flaming you. Those were all questions. I wanted you to explain further. And I have heard of contraception, but not everybody uses it. I don't want you to have some false idea that it's all perfectly cool unless its ALL perfectly cool with whatever comes with it.

I still havn't stated what I think about this in case anyone thinks I have.
So here you go.
I don't really care what other people do as far as making a law about it, but I might find if you are different enough from me we won't get along.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Well if they can"t have children, so can"t people with down syndrome or any other genetic defect.

At least that is the argumentation of "der Ethikrat" and I think they are correct.

Peace

No, I know what I'm saying sounds awful...I just tend to structure my morals around J.S.Mill's "Harm Principle", and I think people should be able to do what they want, as long as they aren't harming people...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Laws banning incest between brothers and sisters in Germany could be scrapped after a government ethics committee said the they were an unacceptable intrusion into the right to sexual self-determination.

“Criminal law is not the appropriate means to preserve a social taboo,” the German Ethics Council said in a statement. “The fundamental right of adult siblings to sexual self-determination is to be weighed more heavily than the abstract idea of protection of the family.”

This is what happens when obsession with human rights over shadows common sense

I wouldn't say "fundamental right." I might say, "none of anyone's business as long as it's only between consenting adults," but I wouldn't say "a right."

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I know it sounds naive and impractical, but I think that maybe the consequences are a bit selfish...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
which country force abortions ?

as for genetic abnormalities , many couples that aren't related already screen for genetic abnormalities , so their origin isn't a point.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Don't force sex rules

One stipulation.

Incest among legal adults not with Children, no need to corrupt children before they've had time to develop intellectually enough so they could decide for themselves if in fact that's the lifestyle they'd want.

Is that not already assumed? I felt like there were other laws that covered that one already..

link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
I see it as a part of the effort of the governments to reduce the population faster.

Incest couples should not have children of their own, but adopt, decreasing the population.

The same with same sex couples, who rarely, except for celebrities, have their own children, but adopt, decreasing the population.

There are always underlying motives on the part of governments that have nothing to do with "love" or "kindness" or "fairness".

So gay/incestuous couples are all part of the governments schemes?? Not only that, but you'd be surprised at how many gay couples do have their own kids....
edit on 1530amFri, 26 Sep 2014 09:48:15 -050026u153022 by stardust22 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Droogie
So, basically they're saying that making Joffrey's are A-OK.

Thats exactly what I thought

And this is from a country that has had its share of monsters.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Monsters? Do you not think that is somewhat harsh?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Isn't this how evolution is supposed to occure??

Inbreeding

Wouldn't those genetic anomalies make us better in the long run?

Why are people so bent out of shape?

O yea because it's bs

Continue on
edit on am920143009America/ChicagoFri, 26 Sep 2014 09:51:21 -0500_9000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join