It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 FDNY Ground Zero Workers Died in the Same Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

NEW YORK (AP) — Three retired firefighters who worked at ground zero have died on the same day from cancer, an illness that many fear might be connected to toxic World Trade Center dust released on Sept. 11, fire chief Lt. Howard Bischoff, 58, and firefighters Robert Leaver, 56, and Daniel Heglund, 58, died within hours of one another Monday.

Their deaths are "a painful reminder that 13 years later we continue to pay a terrible price for the department's heroic efforts," Fire Commissioner Daniel Nigro said in a statement.

Thousands of people who aided in the rescue and recovery effort were diagnosed with respiratory ailments and other health problems in the years after the attacks. Cancer, though, remains the biggest fear for people exposed to the gritty soot at the site.

Hundreds of first responders have gotten cancer in the 13 years since the attacks, but doctors and researchers are still uncertain whether there is any link between those illnesses and 9/11. Cancer is the leading cause of death for Americans in their mid-40s to mid-60s, making it hard to tell which deaths, if any, might be related. Most medical studies have not found evidence of a substantial surge in cancer rates, though researchers have spotted some worrisome trends.

"On that day when first responders arrived, the air was toxic and remained toxic for many months afterward," said James Lemonda, president of the Uniformed Fire Officers Association.
MSN Link

Another very sad coincidence to add to the long list of sad coincidences 9/11 presented. I'm not an authority or have followed the respiratory issues occurring in the 9/11 aftermath but I do know the people present those following weeks are all heros.
I went to the site about a week and a half after Sept. 11th and spoke to several firemen, some which had never left the site since that fateful day. It is a shame that they are now becoming the last victims to an act that remains a scar to lots of us.

I hope those still alive and effected by these problems receive the help they need and are not bullied by our health care system and forgetful government. I have heard the rumors that people were greatly mistreated and all but put on a shelf when in search for the care they needed. I don't have the references but considering how they treat our post war military members, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

AB

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Its probably cancer caused by the radioactive fallout of the mini nukes used to bring down the towers. How else would you melt the steel core columns and bring them down in their own foot print....with molten metal rivers smoldering under the debris for something like 90 days after 9/11?

If people can make nuclear reactors in their garage or shed at home, what makes anyone think that mini nukes don't exist?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

Though I believe mini nukes(TNW) exist.
I mean really why wouldn't anyone not believe it, we built the W33's in 1957! If they haven't figured it out or tried in 60 years, yet they have tried all the other crazy things DARPA has admitted to, something is very wrong. And I'm not saying these weapons are combat effective though, my understanding is there are better tools available for the job.

With that said why would they have to 'nuke' the buildings to get them to fall that way. That's like killing a fly with an axe! The jets, impact/fuel/fire and gravity were sufficient enough to do the job and Bld.#7 was taken down using conventional methods, but I do not want to argue that here.

The reason everyone became ill was due to the particles in the air from debris when the buildings fell. Normally they remove these things before they blow up a building.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
Its probably cancer caused by the radioactive fallout of the mini nukes used to bring down the towers. How else would you melt the steel core columns and bring them down in their own foot print....with molten metal rivers smoldering under the debris for something like 90 days after 9/11?

If people can make nuclear reactors in their garage or shed at home, what makes anyone think that mini nukes don't exist?

It wasn't nukes. It was far more advanced than that:

Steel Collumn Disintegration

As you can see, whatever did this, literally turned the building and steel columns to dust. Hence why so many people developed respiratory illnesses. It was a directed energy weapon based on the designs of Nikola Tesla. Only with the backing of trillions of tax dollars. if you look at diagrams of the destruction caused to the surrounding area, it appears as if a ray like beam was fired from the ocean. Coincidentally enough, there was a huge hurricane just off shore, which just so happened to reach it's closest point during the attacks, as well as expand. Once the buildings fell, the hurricane shrank, moved away and disappeared...

We know they possess weather modification technology. We know they possess high energy weapons. This was their test fire.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I highly suggest Pragers eBook called America Nuked. Very thorough, and has references...unlike a video from YouTube. Here is a site glossing over the dust issue:

9/11 Dust

Yes, the dust was terrible, obviously. But I have a feeling it took much more than a jet and some fuel to bring down a building, in its own footprint, leaving nothing but dust and a little bit of rubble...with rivers of molten metal festering for many weeks after.

And a mini nuke wouldn't be that Axe, it would be just enough to get the job done. When I refer to mini nuke. It won't look like Hiroshima... It would look like 9/11.

Either the planes never existed (holograms) or were drones (with conventional warheads)...or really were there and the mini nukes planted beforehand. Thermite just doesn't make sense, to me. Prager also covers thermite and suggests it is a disinformation ploy to throw off the truthers.

Never in the history of buildings and engineering had a modern building collapsed due to fire...let alone free fall with a "pancake" theory to back it up. That just defies physics and goes against logic.

I could be wrong, we could all be wrong. But if your not going to explore who caused the dust and just label it as terrorists, then why even mention these deaths years later? Not saying your labeling it as such, but you are taking the official story like its candy. And if that's the case, these guys died of, at worst, an occupational hazard.

Not trying to argue, just debate.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I don't buy the official story at all, but being an architect which has been involved in way too many office/subcontractor/college discussions already about this, I don't want to argue it any more the answers are already very clear to me. You can go to any 9/11 thread I've posted in recently to see how I feel, this particular thread was not about that.

Simply, these men died due to the dust created by falling debris, it doesn't matter how the dust came to be there for the purposes I was presenting here.

If you want to continue debating I can suggest one of these or do a search:
ATS Link: 9/11 in 5 Minutes
Link to post in 9/11 thread
Another Link

And I'm not grandstanding I always thought Bld#7 was demolished and have been there since the beginning, way before the Times Square Billboard!
(Just look at my posting dates)
edit on 9/26/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I feel for you OP, you are trying to bring attention to a totally different thing,ie., the probable miscare of the people that did everything they possibly could to help, and already it has taken a turn to the usual fight of how the buildings came down.

I don't think for this thread that it matters HOW they came down people, the OP is interested in was has happened to the people since then that were there. Too bad people can't get as worked up about that tragedy, then at least some positive changes might come about.

RIP to those men and ALL the others that have suffered probably more after the fact from our shambles of a health care system.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

I wish I could give you more then a star!

And it wasn't only the fire/police that were exposed. Many people owning businesses, residences and working near the area were also affected and they won't ever get the help they need due to this event. In all seriousness, we probably will never hear about the majority of these cases.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

I don't buy the official story at all, but being an architect which has been involved in way too many office/subcontractor/college discussions already about this, I don't want to argue it any more the answers are already very clear to me. You can go to any 9/11 thread I've posted in recently to see how I feel, this particular thread was not about that.

Simply, these men died due to the dust created by falling debris, it doesn't matter how the dust came to be there for the purposes I was presenting here.

If you want to continue debating I can suggest one of these or do a search:
ATS Link: 9/11 in 5 Minutes
Link to post in 9/11 thread
Another Link

And I'm not grandstanding I always thought Bld#7 was demolished and have been there since the beginning, way before the Times Square Billboard!
(Just look at my posting dates)

Great links! Thanks.

RIP to all those who sacraficed so much that day...and continue to. I apologize for taking your OP off course a little. Indeed a sad day to see 3 brave souls of the same incident pass 13 yrs later.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Why does every thread referencing 9/11 become a feces tossing festival for the truther monkeys?

Mini nukes and top secret Tesla energy weapons? Seriously?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Why does every thread referencing 9/11 become a feces tossing festival for the truther monkeys?

Mini nukes and top secret Tesla energy weapons? Seriously?

Yes, seriously. And an apology was made. Stop perpetuating what you're complaining about. Monkey.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The levels of dioxin, PAHs, and PCBs were into the very toxic levels,

Just the Dioxin levels were the highest ambient concentrations ever recorded in the US.

Remember agent orange in Vietnam dioxin was what has been killing veterans since Vietnam.

nycosh.org...

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

I've been looking for that report thank you!

I needed it the other day to get some figures for something unrelated. I read it about 5 years ago and went over it during lunch with some colleagues, just chit chat. They actually left out quite a few items on top of materials that chemically reacted due to heat/exposure to other elements.

Most don't realize we take everything out of a building before it gets demo'd, all that's left is usually steel, masonry and concrete.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Its probably cancer caused by the radioactive fallout of the mini nukes used to bring down the towers.

So now we have silent nukes?
If we did we would be using them on ISIS.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: samkent

I don't understand your comment. It makes no sense, to me. I have provided info into what I have said. Read it or leave it. I'm not drawing this out further in this thread. Thanks!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Sadly, we knew this kind of thing would happen. Thanks for bringing our attention to it. And we haven't seen the end of it.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Great article OP. I wish instead of all these Sarah McLachlan commercials to donate to animals, there could be some to assist 9/11 victims and the families. These poor people are suffering for trying to help others. Maybe we should start our own donation fund? Anything is better than nothing!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
RIP

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
And Todd-Witmann and Rice and the rest still stand by their claim that the air was safe to breath.SMH But,of course what do we know? We are "crazy conspiracy theorists."Never mind all the studies that have proven that the air around Ground Zero was contaminated.

top topics

join