It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adam & Eve + Incest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
So...Im supposed to beleive that the human race is all inbred? or what...

Maybe adam and eve were angels, in gods little experiment, through multiple generations of incest it spawned humans?

Too many odd things in the bible, I also heard that there was a woman before eve named Lilith but she wouldn't take Adams #.

(Can you curse on here? I'll edit it if it's not aloud
)

I don't know but the bible is a fairy tale to me, just my opinion.

[edit on 7-12-2004 by _BLiND_]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
There's probably more than you can read on this subject here...try a search....very interesting stuff to read and as I said lots and lots of it!

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Try searching for Adam and Eve on the search page. I think there's some stuff about Lililth around here as well.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
im not into the bible or anything just all i want is the truth yet we in our lives can only speculate this talk and talk about what if's not any fact just what u can dig up of the net or look through books from other ppl i only trust myself and not a word any 1 else says unless they have any significance in my life

but adam and eve isnt ment literely at all get this straight simplify adam and eve and what they are about adam a male and eve a woman they have sex and have a child and its impossible there where only 2 humans alive at 1 time adam and eve is for an individual couple basicaly a means of saying have kids gene's prove there wasnt an adam and eve and that is fact look at any animal on the planet there genes are diff

look at things for what they are instead of what other ppl tell u

that even includes me

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Dude...i wasn't taking it literaly....
funny guy. lol It was more of a joke thread...i do alot of them.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   

lol It was more of a joke thread...i do alot of them.

Well Blind, people are going to take posts seriously on this board, because that's what it's about. It's not a board for aspiring comedians spoutin' off gibberish.

- Attero

[edit on 7-12-2004 by Attero Auctorita]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Most of whats in the bible didnt actually probably didnt happen their just stories for us to live by. Adam and Eve tells us not to disobey God.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Disobey your god, I have no god. People need to lighten up on these boards. Everyones so blah...trying to be intelectual or being overly intelectual to the extent it makes no sense. "actually probably".

And yes I know it's not to be taken literally.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BLiND_
Dude...i wasn't taking it literaly....
funny guy. lol It was more of a joke thread...i do alot of them.
Your off to a bad start Blind...there is an entire forum for jokes...this is not that forum...this is for serious discussion of the topics listed....not jokes.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
i personaly belive that if there is a god and he did create adam and eve that was a fluke, and when they died he left it all to evolution... think of it like this... Adam and Eve had two sons, if they had anymore the bible would shurely follow up on it... so the two sons sacrifice to god, one gets pissed that god seems to like the other one more and kills him, then he goes out to raise a family only problem is, the only other woman is his mother... incest is a sin so he dies a virgin his parents didnt have any other kids and died too... monkeys remembered humans and over a period of one billion years, here we are...

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceman_dk
Adam and Eve had two sons, if they had anymore the bible would shurely follow up on it...

Adam and Eve had many children.

When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth. After Seth was born, Adam lived 800 years and had other sons and daughters. Altogether, Adam lived 930 years, and then he died.

Genesis 5:3-5

Joke or not, what I find most interesting is that many people think that the idea that we are descendants of human beings is odd, but sharing a common ancestor with a frog (pick an animal, any animal) is perfectly reasonable.

Steve

[edit on 063131p://666 by sntx]

[edit on 063131p://666 by sntx]

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
If God is able to create the universe in seven days, you think he could have made sure that Adam and Eves kids wouldn't become inbred? And also the law against insest really didn't come about until after Moses a few thousand years later.

What about Noah and his wife and thier kids? they would have done the same thing

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
No, because that story isn't true either.

sntx, I don't see how humans descending from a common ancestor with chimps is very hard to comprehend. The Bible relies on one male and one female, but the common ancestor could have been one male with any number of females, which generally makes more sense than two people propagating the entire human race. The human species would not have lasted very long if that were the case.

posted on Jan, 15 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
You can't believe the adam and eve story completely. incest causes gene deficiencies and generally will not allow the species to evolve to adapt to certain environments. An example of gene deficiency would be the blue skinned people of Kentucky: www.people.virginia.edu...
I have seen some pictures before, but I can't find them now. We talked about this in biology class.

Even if Adam and Eve had 800 children, none of those children would be able to breed with each other! It would eventually lead to extinction of the human species!

[edit on 1/15/2005 by hallucinated]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Well, people could argue genetic engineering to explain Adam and eve. Try explaining genetic engineering to the people of the time. They would assume you were talking about dirt, even if you were talking about auger in a petri dish., And the Eve Made from a Rib, could be taken as eve was cloned from Adam. I am sure with a little foresight, you could account for the gene deficiency.

But this is a FAR FAR FAR fetched idea, with no scientific basis at all.

[edit on 16-1-2005 by wiggy]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
If God is able to create the universe in seven days, you think he could have made sure that Adam and Eves kids wouldn't become inbred? And also the law against insest really didn't come about until after Moses a few thousand years later.

That is correct. God created Adam and Eve so that they were genetically perfect. Imperfections appeared after their fall into sin. Even with sin introduced their genetics were superior than the remnant of that perfection we are left with today. Inbreeding did not pose a problem until many generations later at which time God warned against it.

Cain’s wife—who was she?

Today, brothers and sisters (and half-brothers and half-sisters, etc.) are not permitted by law to marry because their children have an unacceptably high risk of being deformed. The more closely the parents are related, the more likely it is that any offspring will be deformed.

There is a very sound genetic reason for such laws that is easy to understand. Every person has two sets of genes, there being some 130,000 pairs that specify how a person is put together and functions [Ed. note: This was an estimate from the number of different proteins. But after the Answers Book was published, the Human Genome Project discovered that there are only about 35,000 genes. This is an additional layer of complexity, since these genes must still somehow produce all the proteins. See Genome Mania—deciphering the human genome: what does it mean?] Each person inherits one gene of each pair from each parent. Unfortunately, genes today contain many mistakes (because of sin and the Curse), and these mistakes show up in a variety of ways. For instance, some people let their hair grow over their ears to hide the fact that one ear is lower than the other—or perhaps someone’s nose is not quite in the middle of his or her face, or someone’s jaw is a little out of shape—and so on. Let’s face it, the main reason we call each other normal is because of our common agreement to do so!

The more distantly related parents are, the more likely it is that they will have different mistakes in their genes. Children, inheriting one set of genes from each parent, are likely to end up with pairs of genes containing a maximum of one bad gene in each pair. The good gene tends to override the bad so that a deformity (a serious one, anyway) does not occur. Instead of having totally deformed ears, for instance, a person may only have crooked ones! (Overall, though, the human race is slowly degenerating as mistakes accumulate, generation after generation.)

However, the more closely related two people are, the more likely it is that they will have similar mistakes in their genes, since these have been inherited from the same parents. Therefore, a brother and a sister are more likely to have similar mistakes in their genes. A child of a union between such siblings could inherit the same bad gene on the same gene pair from both, resulting in two bad copies of the gene and serious defects.

However, Adam and Eve did not have accumulated genetic mistakes. When the first two people were created, they were physically perfect. Everything God made was ‘very good’ (Genesis 1:31), so their genes were perfect—no mistakes! But, when sin entered the world (because of Adam—Genesis 3:6ff, Romans 5:12), God cursed the world so that the perfect creation then began to degenerate, that is, suffer death and decay (Romans 8:22). Over thousands of years, this degeneration has produced all sorts of genetic mistakes in living things.

Cain was in the first generation of children ever born. He (as well as his brothers and sisters) would have received virtually no imperfect genes from Adam or Eve, since the effects of sin and the Curse would have been minimal to start with (it takes time for these copying errors to accumulate). In that situation, brother and sister could have married with God’s approval, without any potential to produce deformed offspring.

By the time of Moses (a few thousand years later), degenerative mistakes would have built up in the human race to such an extent that it was necessary for God to forbid brother-sister (and close relative) marriage (Leviticus 18–20).12 (Also, there were plenty of people on the Earth by now, and there was no reason for close relations to marry.)

Source: answersingenesis.org...

What about Noah and his wife and thier kids? they would have done the same thing

Yes, they started over with 4 breeding pairs.

In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, on the seventeenth day of the second month-on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. And rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights.

On that very day Noah and his sons, Shem, Ham and Japheth, together with his wife and the wives of his three sons, entered the ark.

Genesis 7:11-13

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ikku

sntx, I don't see how humans descending from a common ancestor with chimps is very hard to comprehend.

If you think about the way that information carried by DNA changes over successive generations it is practically impossible to comprehend. A change in the genetic information is a mutation. A mutation represents a loss of genetic information. The evolution model presents a series of degradations occuring over millions of years which results in humans developing from single celled organisms. The creation model requires a steady decline in genetic information due to mutation which is exactly what we observe hapenning today.

The Bible relies on one male and one female, but the common ancestor could have been one male with any number of females, which generally makes more sense than two people propagating the entire human race. The human species would not have lasted very long if that were the case.

All life sharing a common ancestor creates an exponetially greater genetic bottleneck than the history revealed by the Bible. Our DNA would have to be derived from much simpler organisms. These "simple" asexual life forms would then have to somehow develop sexual reproduction. The implications for the belief that we share common ancestors with any other kind kind of creature are not good.

answersingenesis.org...

Steve

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Adam and Eve are not literal figures, the bible states that itself. They are symbols, the story is a Parable of what happend to Humanity at some point in the past.

The snake, serpent, whatever we call it, represents a search for knowledge, which we still use today (AMA standard is two snakes, emergency medical is a single snake wrapped around a pole, etc). The apple represents forbidden knowledge, Eve represents women, Adam Men, etc, etc.

BTW, the parable in the Bible has very simalar stories pre dating it by thousands of years, so it is likely based on phoenician or summerian parables handed down over generations.

The story relates an event that happened thousands and thousands of years ago. Humanity searched for knowledge that was forbidden
( for whatever reason) and paid a price for it.

The story itself has many conflicts; God refers to itself in the plural, God is afraid humanity will become godlike, humanity may eat from the tree of life and become immortal, etc. We have a modified version of this story, which became one of the excuses used to subjegate women for the last few thousand years.

I would be very interested to find the original parable, and what it truly was supposed to teach.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
well you forget that adam and eve were in paradise in the bible. thus nothing bad would of hapened. if they had children in paradise nothhing bad would of happened to the child because in the paradise they lived in, everything was perfect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join