It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Disturbing' footage shows US officer asking to see man's driving licence and then shooting him a

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CoherentlyConfused

If all that is true, you still don't go back in your car suddenly without being told. This is not going to a movie and I forgot my wallet. This is a stop by a cop. Use common sense or die.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Watch out we got a super cop over here....

What if the cop was shooting low, near the drivers door, and shot the guy in the hip, because he figured the door would protect bullets from hitting other people if he missed?
edit on 26-9-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

If all that is true, you still don't go back in your car suddenly without being told. This is not going to a movie and I forgot my wallet. This is a stop by a cop. Use common sense or die.

So you can be legally murdered for a lack of common sense nowadays,? well there goes half the population of Earth.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Legally murdered? You mean accidentally killed right? Yes, you can accidentally get killed for lack of common sense.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
In a world where we have cop haters and killers gunning down cops left and right, what do you expect? You expect cops to trust you and everyone?

Cops don't even make the top 10 most dangerous job list.

"gunned down left and right"

Sorry but more cops die from traffic accidents than they do from "getting gunned down left and right".

And maybe if they didn't act like this more people would respect them?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

This was an illegal stop for a seatbelt violation, ffs.

At least the idiot is now an ex-cop and is behind bars and facing 20 years. I hope the driver sues the crap out of the department.

It's the cops that are supposed to know how to do things correctly, and in this case, the cop did absolutely nothing correctly.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys
Sorry but more cops die from traffic accidents than they do from "getting gunned down left and right".

Lets see your source for that information. Otherwise, shut it.

I have 3 police officer friends that were shot and kill in Los Angeles.

And maybe if they didn't act like this more people would respect them?

Maybe if people didn't just randomly shoot police officers because they feared getting a traffic ticket, the police wouldn't act like that.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
This is ridiculous! Look at all of the people filling up behind this a-holes murder zone. I'm surprised only one innocent person was shot by this trigger happy moron. This guy must have zero training!

A routine traffic stop and you're dead. What the hell is happening to this country when an officer tells you to get your I'd and then shoots you for doing so? When the victim said, "why did you shoot me" ,the cop says, "I told you to get out of the vehicle". No! You said, show me your drivers license. I hope he gets what he deserves when this goes to trial and I'm very happy the victims condition is not serious. I bet he's thankful the officer is a terrible shot. More proof that there is little training.

This judge, jury, and executioner style of peace keeping needs to stop.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I don't want to live in this world anymore.

Logic and reason is gone.

I'll sit back and watch all the cop haters continue.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
South Carolinans are about to be hit hard in the Pocket...Again. Stop this M.A.D.ness

Your Children Will Be Next

i have heard that song a bunch of times yet i didnt like it so i switched off....the words ( now i listened to them) are quite prophetic....i am glad you posted that...makes me realize i should pay way more attention to the little things

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Lets see your source for that information. Otherwise, shut it.

How about an apology and YOU shut it?

newsfeed.time.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.bankrate.com...

Is that enough?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I don't want to live in this world anymore.

Logic and reason is gone.

I'll sit back and watch all the cop haters continue.

How many times do you need to see a Cop/Cops gun down/beat to death unarmed citizens before you wake up and admit there is a problem with Policing in the USA.?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
It's song about the Fascist uprising in Spain in the 30's but could just as well be about the rise of fascism in any country in the here and now, The US included..I draw no distinctions here...A Murdering Bully is a Murdering Bully and must be stopped.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I draw no distinctions here...A Murdering Bully is a Murdering Bully and must be stopped.

i agree 100%...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

According to statistics collected by the FBI, 95 law enforcement officers were killed in line-of-duty incidents in 2012. Of these, 48 law enforcement officers died as a result of felonious acts, and 47 officers died in accidents. In addition, 52,901 officers were victims of line-of-duty assaults. Comprehensive data tables about these incidents and brief narratives describing the fatal attacks are included in the 2012 edition of Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted, released today.

Ok about 50/50

Don't be fooled by the amount of "assaults" either. If you look at a cop cross eyed they claim assault.

In 2012, of the 52,901 officers assaulted while performing their duties, 27.7 percent suffered injuries.

www.fbi.gov...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

The #1 job for fatalities is Fisherman at 116 per 100,000.

Police stand at #10 at 19 per 100,000.

Figures are from the Census of Fatal Occupation Injuries. I believe 2012.

The busybody should have been minding his own business instead of pulling over a grown man for not wearing his seatbelt.

Had he done that, the victim wouldn't have been shot, and the officer wouldn't have been a criminal.

"But it's the law".

www.bls.gov...

Huffingtonpost Story

Edit: Take some time to really study the numbers and you might just come to a different conclusion as to who is safe, and who isn't. Especially considering the firearm ownership rate among civilians in the U.S. There is a cultural meme out there that says the populace of our great nation is evil, and I don't buy it.
edit on 26-9-2014 by TurtleSmacker because: Corrected mistake.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys
Yeah, when a fisherman gets injured he gets back in the saddle of he doesn't get payed, A Public servant with a broken fingernail caused in the line of duty will take 3 to 6 months leave.. with a claim to follow.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I don't hate LEOs by any means, and often defend them when warranted. But in this case, if this cop is convicted, he needs to go into the general populace in prison. If cops knew that was their destination when they screw up, I bet many more would toe the line when it comes to upholding the law.

LEOs Unions should also have limited powers to defend actions such as these.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TurtleSmacker

The busybody should have been minding his own business instead of pulling over a grown man for not wearing his seatbelt. Had he done that, the victim wouldn't have been shot, and the officer wouldn't have been a criminal.

again this is the problem...the system we have is based on profit...this cop was having a slow day so he saw $$$...

"better get this criminal not wearing his seat belt"...there is no logic in that except for a desperate need to make $$$ which = promotion

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: James1970

It is the responsibility of law enforcement agencies to provide for their officials to be trained to deal with the public. It is not a citizens responsibility to train themselves in how to react to law enforcement. If failing to respond correctly causes death, then there is something wrong with the officer, not the citizen. That is the balance here, and any other tip of the scale, would only be acceptable in a tyranny.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join