It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Bombed ‘Empty Buildings’ in Airstrikes on ISIL in Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Damon revealed on air early Wednesday that ISIL terrorists who were held up in the town may have been tipped off weeks in advance to the US airstrikes on Tuesday. According to Damon:

“15-20 days before the airstrikes, (ISIL) buildings were evacuated, and fighters then mixed in with the local population”.

US Bombed ‘Empty Buildings’ in Airstrikes on ISIL in Syria

As many have already suspected, the war against ISIS is mostly political theater. This is in part because a very good case can be made that the Obama administration helped to fund and to create ISIS and still intends to use them to disrupt the Middle East.

Here is some additional material from a CNN report.
www.youtube.com...

I almost can't believe they are reporting this. CNN normally reports according to the highest bidder or at least how the CIA directs them. Perhaps there is some disunity in high places.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
"Empty" is the key word.

The War on Terrorism is based on "Empty Rhetoric".

The Leaders of this Farce have "Empty Souls".

The American Taxpayers paying for this have "Empty pockets" .

Kind of makes you feel "Empty Inside".

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SevenThunders

You can't take out insurgents with bombs, of course. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they just wanted to bomb some of Syria's infrastructure. Syria is a bigger obstacle for the west than ISIS honestly. We all know it.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Actually.. this has further reaching implications that I just thought about.

The reason we started bombing in Syria wasn't for the same reasons we bombed ISIS in Iraq. We started bombing ISIS in Syria, if you recall, was because there was allegedly an imminent threat to the US. So if they bombed empty buildings the threat was definitely not eliminated (not that we really bought that bombing insurgents across the world would stop an imminent threat here...). Now the Iraqi PM says there is an imminent threat on French and American transit and the FBI says it hasn't heard anything about that imminent threat..

Something bizarre is going on here.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Just wait until they hit a Building full of Women and Children. only a matter of time.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Just wait until they hit a Building full of Women and Children. only a matter of time.

No, no, you have to be "human" to constitute "women and children". As has been witnessed time and again, they don't count.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

No, no, you have to be "human" to constitute "women and children". As has been witnessed time and again, they don't count.

Sad butTrue...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Seems to me it was just 20 days ago and it was a surprise to Obama these guys even existed.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

geez, and just awhile ago , I finally found out what "wag the dog " meant. heard the term , but never really cared what it meant , now i guess i do .

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
HA! I that is the case then Jerry Jenkins and Tim Lahaye narrative Left behind is literally coming to life right before our very eyes. All of these actions even the tipping off and bombing empty buildings is literally following the plot lines in the final books of the series as I discussed in this post in another related ISIS thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

which would men that this group s something else entirely than what the media is reporting, and there are somevery disturbing facts that are refusing to see the light of day regarding what is currently happening in Syriaq, or Assyria.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I am not buying that the secret services are not able to gather up-to-date intel on their targets right before an airstrike.
They are able to spy on all the internet users, but they are not able to tell if a building is empty or not?

I am also not buying, that spy satellites are not able to identify terrorist camps. I mean ISIS is so big, they have to have bases and camps, a spy satellite should be able to identify them.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Can anything US government does at this point be trusted.

A N Y T H I N G ????

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Tapping123

"Negative Ghostrider, the pattern is FULL"...

If it did present the 'truth' it would be akin to waiting for the big finale at the local firework show, and instead of doing the big 'todo' a guy comes over and lights a 'snake' w/a punk. Then You find out that the city spent $600k on the crappy fireworks..

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
TV news reports ISIS stating 78 fighters died in that strike. However, as the news was reporting that, I was looking at the video of the bombing and I was wondering why the area was so empty of people when the bombs hit. The video was clear enough that we should have been able to see people walking outside and we didn't. Maybe people were all inside and the court yard was clear ... but ....

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

So one location hit amongst hundreds of strikes was reportedly empty...?

There was talk about the potential plan to hit targets before they began, so they really didn't need someone to "leak" this information.

This wasn't a secret, the US openly spoke about supporting with air strikes.

The blogger presents this likely true mention of the building having been evacuated, and then builds and entirely fantastical story around it. The only "fact" in that piece is that (assumed) locals said the building had already been evacuated, everything else in that piece is a fantasy created by the writer.

I think it's entirely plausible that some of those buildings had been evacuated, probably because they knew air strikes were likely (given that it was talked about across global media) and they ran away like the murdering cowards they are.

This story doesn't present anything other than a reasonable probability (one building empty amongst hundreds of targets is NOT remarkable in the slightest) that they ran away knowing what was coming. The rest is the usual paranoid delusional nonsense we see far too much of on ATS.
edit on 26-9-2014 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Yeah, as much as I agree that ISIS and the 'war on terror' is a political charade, the blog article is nonsense. ISIS didn't have to be 'tipped off' weeks in advance, they - as the rest of the world - knew the airstrikes were imminent. Reporters in Syria were tweeting that ISIS militants were fleeing their camps and buildings and hiding in the local population once the airstrikes began.

Breaking #ISIS empty all basses inside al-Raqa city even alhesba center #TwitterKurds #Syria #ISIS after us and alies shelled the city

Source: Kovan Direj (twitter)

A debate on Fox News as to why the airstrikes were conducted at night - one claimant (Lt. Col. Peters) stated it was only so they could hit "empty buildings."

"He didn't want bloodshed, so we attacked in the middle of the night. Now the only reason you’d attack in the middle of the night is if there is a forbidding air defense complex and you’re worried about it -- there were no air defenses in the areas we attacked. The Syrians certainly weren't going to turn on anything they had. ISIS doesn't have them. You could have gone in there safely in a hang glider. But instead we went in the middle of the night. Why? Because the buildings were empty."

The Brookings Inst. and other conservative pundits disgreed;

Night attacks are standard procedure, and Desert Storm, Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom all started in a similar manner, said retired Air Force Lt. Gen. David Deptula, the principal attack planner for the Operation Desert Storm air campaign and commander of the combined air operation center for Operation Enduring Freedom.

"The bottom line is, if you go back and look historically, we generally do strike first at night because there is a surprise factor, and folks aren’t expecting it," said Deptula, also dean of the Mitchell Institute for Aerospace Studies, a Washington-based research group founded by the Air Force Association.

While there is little doubt that the Defense Department is trying to minimize civilian casualties, "I disagree on the point about desiring to minimize terrorist casualties," said retired Air Force Col. Mark Gunzinger, who works at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments. "I actually find that a rather strange comment."

Another reason for a night attack, experts told us, is American aircraft enjoy their biggest advantage when they fly at night, as U.S. pilots are trained to wear night vision goggles and perform low-visibility military assignments.

Punditfact:

Peters said that the United States launched airstrikes against terrorist targets at night "to minimize terrorist casualties." He said the only reason for a night-time attack would be to hit empty buildings.

One of the principles of PunditFact is that people who make factual claims are accountable for their words and should be able to provide evidence to back them up. In this case, Peters’ evidence appears to be speculation based on his knowledge of past airstrikes.

However, several experts detailed other reasons why the United States would strike at night.

The ultimate motives are unknown, but lack of information casts a big shadow over Peters’ claim. We rate his statement Mostly False.

I would agree with Punditfact on this one. The night time airstrikes were bound to hit "empty buildings," as they are not lived in. Just as strikes against cell phone towers and refineries were bound to cause no human casualties. Those were infrastructure, not human targets. This has been standard procedure throughout the 'war on terror' dating back to Desert Storm.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I agree with aLLeKs. If they can bust people for speaking out in a forum, then they can confirm the occupation of a building before they blow it. If anybody has the tech to confirm a target, it's our military. Of course, if they are like the police with their no knock raids, they will probably screw up in a like manner.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: thishereguy

geez, and just awhile ago , I finally found out what "wag the dog " meant. heard the term , but never really cared what it meant , now i guess i do .

And here it is for those who don't know what it means:

To 'wag the dog' means to purposely divert attention from what would otherwise be of greater importance, to something else of lesser significance. By doing so, the lesser-significant event is catapulted into the limelight, drowning proper attention to what was originally the more important issue.
The expression comes from the saying that 'a dog is smarter than its tail', but if the tail were smarter, then the tail would 'wag the dog'. The expression 'wag the dog' was elaborately used as theme of the movie. 'Wag the Dog', a 1997 film starring Robert de Niro and Dustin Hoffman, produced and directed by Barry Levinson.

idiom definition

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
TV news reports ISIS stating 78 fighters died in that strike. However, as the news was reporting that, I was looking at the video of the bombing and I was wondering why the area was so empty of people when the bombs hit. The video was clear enough that we should have been able to see people walking outside and we didn't. Maybe people were all inside and the court yard was clear ... but ....

what you just said is the thinking person saying WTF...most people are not the thinking type...here in aussieland we have the grand finals for the footy coming up and i can assure you 90% of thinking has this and this only on the mind.....the rest of it irrelevant

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The video was clear enough that we should have been able to see people walking outside and we didn't.

The strikes you're referring to took place at night.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join