It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there gender equality on Mars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Apparently this has gone "viral", twitter trending etc, I find it quite an inspiring picture and story of the Indian team that got a probe to Mars.

Wednesday's picture arrived with a rather anodyne caption saying "staff from the Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro) celebrate after the Mars Orbiter Spacecraft (Mom) successfully entered the Mars orbit". But in reality, the picture was about much more than that - a bunch of smiling Indian women resplendent in gorgeous saris greeting each other as their male colleagues look on admiringly at mission control in Bangalore.

Source

I think we all know India has some very dark events around women's rights and role in society, here we have women deep in the running of a rather successful space programme, just some people happy they pulled it off

...and a cool website Old-school website

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
$70,000,000 for a probe in Mars orbit. hmmm
$140,000,000 / 302,000 ATS members = $463.58
$463.58 / 3 years = $154.52
$154.52 / 52 weeks = $2.98

So if all 302,000 ATS members donated $2.98 per week, in 3 years there would be enough money for our own ATS Mars Probe! plus another $70,000,000 for a ATS Rover too.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

kickstarter

Unfortunately ATS T&C conspire against progress of mankind too

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

iii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to solicit members of the Websites on behalf of another message board, online community or competitor. You will not attempt to use your membership to encourage or lure other members in any way to other websites or discussion boards in competition with TAN. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

Also if its made in America it will cost a few billions no matter if its a private effort

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Drat! My plan for intergalactic rule is foiled yet again.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Worry not Weirdguy. You can be my second in command. I own the moon you know. The gorgeous women in saris can be our technical team. First the moon, then the universe.
edit on 26-9-2014 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2014 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join