It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's first 'healthy couple' euthanasia (suicide) to be carried out in Belgium

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
My life, My rules, My Laws...All sum up to be My Choice.

Only 2 reasons for this to be illegal:

1. Religion. What if I'm NOT religious?

2. The State will lose taxes from that individual...not strong enough IMO.

I am not property.

Peace

edit on 26-9-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
My life, My rules, My Laws...All sum up to be My Choice.

Only 2 reasons for this to be illegal:

1. Religion. What if I'm NOT religious?

2. The State will lose taxes from that individual...not strong enough IMO.

I am not property.

Peace

3. TPTB will not be happy. If it becomes socially acceptable who would the .01% get to do there day to day chores and who would they be able to show off to?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: James1970

This is a slippery slope fallacy as ludicrous as the suggestion that allowing gay marriage will lead to people marrying their pets.

Human–animal marriage

Apparently we live in topsy-turvey land where fallacy means truth.

Never-the-less, euthanasia and gay marriage aren't the cause f people 'marrying' animals.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: absente

S&F&

...They say they don't have the courage to do it themselves. Like they can't collect enough pills? I am disgusted. And I agree with you - here lies the road to mandatory euthanasia. ....Too expensive to keep you alive? Die. Can't work? Die.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I'm not sure that would be the end result of legislation allowing provision of medical assistance to end your life.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CallYourBluff

I do agree with this for the most part. Everybody dies, the idea that you should be able to determine the time and manner of your death makes alot of sense for me. There is a certain dignity that comes with determining the end of your existence. I also like the idea that if you want to end your existence you don't have to do it in some painful or messy way that would cause your loved ones grief and trauma.

That being said, I don't think the corner liquor store should have a pack of pills called "Bye Bye Buddy" available for anybody to buy. I think that if you want to end it all, that's fine....you would need to go to a counselor who specifically deals with this and have a number of sessions. That counselor would need to determine

1) Are you mentally ill
2) Are you under the influence of anything or anyone that is altering your judgement

I think that if the answers to 1 and 2 are no and you can make a case as to why you want to no longer exist, then you should be allowed to check out under your own terms.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join