It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron: Conspiracy Theorists = Terrorists?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

I honestly don't believe that, but that is just my opinion. I'm not a crazy person and never have been. Im young and naive. But I fully believe that he has basically called for a war not only against the people that are really spouting out crazy conspiracies but also the ones who can provide legitimate proof to backup their theories. He's using the extremists as examples but it does include anyone who questions whatever the government says. And that goes for any person who lives a normal life, pays their taxes, gets up everyday and goes to work to support a family and can barely scrape by.

But dare he say one day that the government really screwed him over on his paycheck or taxes, and that their really backwards in front of the wrong person, that poor man would be tried and convicted of being a terrorist, if not just shot on the spot. Or tackled to the ground and detained. Just for bit**ing about the wrong thing. And the judge will find it "justified", that they had plenty of reason to arrest him. Because he hates how the government operates, making him a terrorist. It's absurd, but you really have to think into it.

We have already seen plenty of videos and news articles of it happening right now. It's already happening.

edit on 26-9-2014 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: PageLC14
a reply to: woogleuk

I honestly don't believe that, but that is just my opinion. I'm not a crazy person and never have been. Im young and naive. But I fully believe that he has basically called for a war not only against the people that are really spouting out crazy conspiracies but also the ones who can provide legitimate proof to backup their theories. He's using the extremists as examples but it does include anyone who questions whatever the government says. And that goes for any person who lives a normal life, pays their taxes, gets up everyday and goes to work to support a family and can barely scrape by.

But dare he say one day that the government really screwed him over on his paycheck or taxes, and that their really backwards in front of the wrong person, that poor man would be tried and convicted of being a terrorist, if not just shot on the spot. Or tackled to the ground and detained. Just for bit**ing about the wrong thing. And the judge will find it "justified", that they had plenty of reason to arrest him. Because he hates how the government operates, making him a terrorist. It's absurd, but you really have to think into it.

We have already seen plenty of videos and news articles of it happening right now. It's already happening.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Someone mentioned that saying this was anything but the typical “YAY WAR” speech was grasping at straws. After sleeping on it I cannot disagree more. This speech and speeches like it are dangerous – not only for the “Pro-war” rhetoric. This is a dangerous thing because of what I have broken down into 5 points.

1) Lumping threats together
2) Religious implications
3) Security in exchange for Freedom
4) A new position in the UN
5) Indoctrinating Children

1) Lumping the KKK, ISIS, Nazis, Right-Wing Extremists, Preachers of Hate, and Peddlers of lies together is dangerous. Each of these issues is so vastly different from one another. Compare their cause, method, goal, construct, era, influence (socially and politically), income, members, etc… and you get vastly different groups. They have all been deemed ‘bad’ though and should not be allowed anywhere near our children or universities (see point 5). This is folly. Especially when you have a broad sweeping definition for a peddler of lies being people who doubt the official 9/11 story or 7/7 story. Think about this – do you think the media will distinguish between the 9/11 theorists who believe Bush was behind it, the NWO was behind it, the Zionists were behind it, etc? No. They don’t do that already. So Mr. Cameron’s assertion that it was just the doubters that believe there’s a Jewish cause is a useless qualifier. The 7/7 point had no qualifier just those who think it was staged.

2) Religious implications hits hard. I understand where he’s going with this. Mosques who preach to kill the infidels where you find them because it is in the Quran then deny any culpability when the people go kill non-Muslims. I get it. But think a moment. The western world has changed much. Germany is considering legalizing incest. What happens when the Catholic Priest preaches “Cursed be anyone who lies with his sister”? What happens when the Mormon preaches about their staunch stance on homosexuality? This is a very slippery slope. Will all religious preaching be sanitized and approved by the state by the Special Representative on extremism? Is that who decides?

3) Mr. Cameron even says he understands ‘some’ may see this as a restriction of free speech but it’s worth not having that speech if it means we’re safe and we keep these awful bad ideas away from kids and college students. We don’t want them indoctrinated with radical ideas. Well let’s think a moment about this too. Any and all extreme thought is what he referred to repeatedly. French and American Revolutionaries were extremist movements. Martin Luther and Martin Luther King Jr. were extreme thinkers. Boethius, Joan of Arc, Mark Twain, Gandhi, Buddha, Jesus, Rosa Parks, William Wallace, Nicola Tesla, Galileo, Darwin…. – all of them. Many of them had to work inside the constraints of a society that abolished free speech, and how did history treat them?

4) This new special representative of extremism – if that doesn’t make you feel uneasy and you post on this site there’s no point of me discussing why it is disturbing to begin with.

5) Brainwashing children is bad – FROM BOTH ENDS. To make programs that help mold the minds of children frightens me. Do you really want those jack***es in the UN molding the minds of the world? Oh but it’s for their own good right? Right? Governments and ruling agencies never ever use their carefully trained docile masses for anything but good. Right?

I don’t think these things are grasping at straws. I think these are legitimate concerns. As we watch more and more of our rights erode – we have a powerful and influential world leader addressing a bunch of other powerful and influential world leaders to take away our free speech, consider any extreme thought a terrorist act, and to educate the children in a way that’s UN approved.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

"Exactly!! But don't you see that is exactly what they don't want. And why he made that damn speech in the first place. "

But the nation will learn the truth, through their endless involvements. I just woke up and saw the story, the vote went as expected, Britain is back in Iraq.
www.latimes.com...
What I said in my post is true. The poverty and instability in the Middle East does create the terrorism, and good leaders will end it. But the thing they don't want to face is, the moment every leader in the Middle East is good and focused on their people, is the moment western powers will have no control, because they are focused on the desires of their people not western demands!
There's a similar situation with fighting ignorance. The more you get in the game with making stuff up to control a people, the more you separate them from reality, and the more you weaken them. Ultimately, strength comes from having truth, not denying it. So the truly strong are constantly in the process of learning, and bonding comes from learning with other people. So these delusional people you talk about knocking on doors to arrest us for beliefs are scary, but in the end you have to remember - they aren't that strong.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Blimey. I live in the UK so I'm now a terrorist. What do I do. Do I get paid for being a terrorist and who do I apply to for my wages? What health and safety guidelines do I follow?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Cameron sounds like this: Anyone who isn't part of my little tribe should be killed.
This same sort of talking is done by many news medias in America, and by politicians. I think we all know who the extremists really are, unless, of course, you believe the whole: Up is down black is white evil is good right is wrong -scheme.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tridentblue

So these delusional people you talk about knocking on doors to arrest us for beliefs are scary, but in the end you have to remember - they aren't that strong.

Yes. I agree that in reality, they are not strong. But, when you have millions of people who believe with their whole hearts and beings that these people ARE in fact strong, because they have spent decades and decades using everything in their power to make them believe that they are strong, then we will stand no chance against them. They will show up with their guns and uniforms, screaming orders, and people will be frightened. So frightened that they will do whatever these people tell them. These people of power. The public is SCARED. And that's what they want. All they have done is instill fear into the masses to keep them in a state of constant delusion. They are the real terrorist. And will never be taken down unless we could somehow get everyone to see the same thing, at the same time, and very soon. But, how can we do that when the world is too damn scared to think there is any other way of fixing everything without the help of the ones who have caused all this sh# in the first place?

They are the biggest terrorists of them all. And they will continuously point their fingers and blame ANYONE who tries to say differently. Wether there is truth behind what we say or not, they will do anything in their power to make the public think what they want them to think. And unfortunately, the public is just where they want them. Completely scared because of WHAT they tell us. Not because of what any non-violen extremist might say. Just for the simple fact they they have us all believe that they are STRONG. And without the strength of the government to keep this country together, we will surely all be doomed.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

I thought it was self explanatory.
If they are trying to equate conspiracy theorists with terrorists, that means they don't like anyone digging for facts, other than what is given in the Official Story. They want everyone to follow along, be a good drone and never question what they're told.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

So legitimate journalists that dig for answers would have to be subjected to this grouping.

Sort of like this?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I just hope his party isnt re-elected next year, now if only there was a real alternative

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

You know, I was thinking about how politicians are compelled to do the opposite of what ISIS says. So when they cut off some one's head, and say "Obama is afraid" Obama has to attack them. But okay, consider this. Muslims don't drink alcohol, they think of it as toxic. So what if right before the 4th of July, ISIS killed some one, and demanded all Americans drink on the forth of July weekend. Would Americans feel compelled to do the opposite of what they say, and not drink? No. They'd think about it for a second, and come to the conclusion that terrorist demands shouldn't limit their freedom, either by feeling compelled to follow them or by feeling compelled to do the opposite of following them. They'd basically ignore the terrorist, and drink if they were going to drink, not drink if they were not going to drink, because its July 4th in a free country and they can do what they want.

Now if someone were to walk around the party, blaming anyone who's having a beer of being afraid of terrorists (and thus trying to correlate American actions with the demands of terrorists) Americans would throw them out the damn door.

Yet at the highest level of American policy, if a leader ignores, rather than responding to the threats of terrorists, s/he can be accused of being weak by the opposition, who are acting just like the guy that that gets thrown out of the party, and its business as usual, it all flies.

The point is, its a totally different world at the leadership level, a totally different reality, where different things are true. The great fear of terrorists on the part of the people exists only at that level. Actual people look at statistics, and see they are a million times more likely to die of a car accident than terrorist attack, and buckle their seat belts. But those at the top have loud voices, so if we don't get out and talk to people, we'll actually believe they are all afraid. But I think if you got out and looked, you might there's not that much fear of terrorists, OR the government.

edit on 30-9-2014 by tridentblue because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join