It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia Unleashes Draconian New Anti-Terror Law

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

Agreed. They are using this threat to clamp down on us, the people. And sadly, despite more people slowly awakening, there are still quite a few who think it's for our own good. Sigh.

Like I said to a friend this morning, what's more scary than this "threat?" What the leaders are planning to do, or are doing, about it.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
We've backed the US and its Petro Dollar Scam I guess so its now about justifying going into Syria by any means possible to get around any legal obstacles. I just hope Abbott knows who he is lying with ? Vipers of the highest order.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling its because our supposed best mates are the 2014 Nazi's the u.s.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Nothing to add just yet until I read through the laws myself instead of being told about them by the halfwits over at zero hedge..

Oh and Al Nusra isn't moderate..

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
government is no longer happy with democracy and freedom being MAKE BELIEVE

now they are gonna make it full fledged fascism

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

Nothing to add just yet until I read through the laws myself instead of being told about them by the halfwits over at zero hedge..

Oh and Al Nusra isn't moderate..

your a smart person...it is not hard to jump to conclusions with all that has been happening...the question is where do we draw the line between being complacent and pro-active

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
wrong post sorry
edit on 26-9-2014 by Tapping123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

US named them as being moderate and supported them...I know they are not, but I wrote moderate because of that.

Michael Krieger has good stories and knows his facts usually.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Can you provide a source for that claim?

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Look at the vid I posted at 2:00 min

The assistance to local communities includes training in municipal management as well as basic infrastructure such as garbage trucks, ambulances and firetrucks. The areas receiving this aid are carefully selected, U.S. officials said, noting that extremist groups, including Jabhat al-Nusra, are delivering services to communities newly under rebel control.

If you see new firetrucks and ambulances in places where al-Nusra is trying to win hearts and minds, this might not be a coincidence,” said a U.S. official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to explain details of a sensitive strategy.

Source

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
These new laws have me absolutely livid. It's like ASIO looked at the Patriot Act and decided they could do one better. With two more bills on the way that appear to completely erode virtually any freedoms/privacy we still had, the population needs to get VERY vocal and a) Force a repeal on these laws and b) Force the idiots that passed the bill out of office. It's painfully obvious that the terror raids + media were being used to hype up the terrorist threat and get these laws passed.

While I agree that ISIS and all other extremist groups need to be swiftly put in their place, I refuse to do it at the expense of becoming a surveillance state where you have to watch everything you say and do...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

So that video isn't 2 minutes long..

No matter I googled the quote and found it with a bit more context..

The assistance to local communities includes training in municipal management as well as basic infrastructure such as garbage trucks, ambulances and firetrucks. The areas receiving this aid are carefully selected, U.S. officials said, noting that extremist groups, including Jabhat al-Nusra, are delivering services to communities newly under rebel control.
“If you see new firetrucks and ambulances in places where al-Nusra is trying to win hearts and minds, this might not be a coincidence,” said a U.S. official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to explain details of a sensitive strategy.

LINK

edit on 26-9-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

I should have made myself a bit more clear, I was referring to the vid in OP, sorry about that.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
For anyone who is interested in the finer points, here is the bill.

parlinfo.aph.gov.au...;fileType=application%2Fpdf
edit on 26-9-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Good articles in here about this too....

www.newdawnmagazine.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join