It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania Senate passes medical marijuana bill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

That'll help turn people away from it I'm sure.

Maybe that's the whole plan??

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

That's exactly what the ultimate agenda is. To keep people in the dark about it.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Yeah some good points everybody!

Seriously PA would flourish if they would just legalize like CO and WA.

You guys are right, this is not a step forward at all for freedom, maybe for a certain group of people who have a handful of diseases, while others are still left to suffer, and also risk jail time to treat a disease or god forbid, relax in the privacy of their own homes!

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I also think that concentrates and oils are a terrible idea for beginners hell even some seasoned smokers I know can't handle them.

I do believe the oils they are talking about are the ones with CBD not THC. CBD, is what treats children with epilepsy. I am from PA and this Bill is basically worthless toward any kind of legalization.......

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

It would help some people. They should make regular plant material, edibles and extracts, tinctures available as well as the forms lacking THC.

As for a step in the right direction? I agree with the others, it's highly restrictive (no pun intended) and does not benefit the patients in the long run.
edit on 25-9-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Oh I'm not a victim here trust me I count my blessings. I'm not even worried to be honest the universe has something better waiting no big deal.

But I understand what your saying for sure.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I was under the assumption CBD tinctures were legal in all states?

The place I order from claims to deliver anywhere in the states.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Really? Now that's an interesting loophole I have never heard of

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

I was under the assumption CBD tinctures were legal in all states?

The place I order from claims to deliver anywhere in the states.

You could be right. I was under the assumption that any kind or form of MJ was illegal for medical use in this state. Getting late, so I might do some digging tomorrow.

I'm a THC kind guy myself..........

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

THC is a drug and I think hemp is prohibited too, but an extract without any THC that is technically just a hemp oil should be legal everywhere as far as I'm aware.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

As long as the cbd has been extracted from industrial hemp its legal in all 50 but there are high cbd strains of mmj which also contains thc and those of course are only legal in a few states.

Warning: Even though they are legal they still may cause a false positve if you get tested for work.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

The catch is it has to be from industrial hemp plants. If the CBD is derived from medicinal plants it can only be used in states with medical programs.

It's a loophole because they claim it has no medicinal potential. And it is not as cheap as plant material, it's expensive it seems.

Thesaneone beat me to it haha.
edit on 25-9-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

You ain't kidding it is expensive and CBD's only helps a bit for chronic pain THC is more efficient for severe pain

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I think there are a lot more cannaboids than THC. I remember reading that there are something like three different cannaboid receptors in the human body and that mothers naturally produce a compound in breast milk to help make an infant hungry and reduce its anxiety. I'm honestly surprised people haven't looked into this more. There's probably a number of currently legal things we could be purifying which would give us a similar appetite improving and anxiety calming effect as THC without seeking out marijuana itself.

With plasmids, you could excise a gene from a human and insert it into caterpillar cells and harvest tons of the stuff, whatever it happens to be. Hey, if you guys want to start a biotech startup at home but don't want to waste a lot of money on facilities, look into caterpillar cells. They can grow at room temperature in suspension without CO2 enrichment and with very few antimicrobials. You could grow them on a shelf, order a plasmid from invitrogen or something like that and produce your own protein products at home.

Biotech revolution 2014!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion
The elites will end up controlling the industrialization side of hemp too and keep prices inflated. I bet it will end up being more expensive then metals. That's how they work. The same way with who'll end up owning and controlling every dispensary. The only way legalization should be done is complete legalization for all. Then, people can start developing the many products that will completely destroy the industry today. It's needed. As resources become more expensive, and scarce, hemp is the answer to everything in industry. But again, watch how it's prices will become waaaaay oover-inflated. That's why it's been illegal. That's why, they will try their best to keep citizens from growing it. They will try and control it one way or the other. With full legalization, entrepreneurs will emerge from their garages and basements with new ways to build things that doesn't involve the purposely expensive methods used to day. Big corporations have always known this. Paper industries will disappear overnight.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It's only a matter of time and more places will legalize it! I read somewhere or maybe I saw a video, I don't remember, about how the real reason it was made illegal had more to do with race than anything.

I don't partake, but it was nice to see it legalized here in Colorado. I'd rather deal with someone who is high than drunk. I've never come across a violent high person, but have come across more than my fair share of violent drunks.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
See HEMPBUILDING.COM - book by Steve Allin from Ireland is called Building with Hemp - we need to catch up with the 30 other industrial nations who are growing and using INDUSTRIAL Hemp. A $480 million industry -

join VoteHemp.com

and The Hemp Industries Assn. Thehia.org - around since 1992 promoting hemp business.
Hemp for victory and also for rope, soap, hope and everything we need can be made of hemp.

See the movie BringingItHomeMovie.com - Bringing It HOME, Hemp is Hope - won 7 awards since 2013. Apx. one hour long and also host a screening to get out the message about hemp houses... guitars, tractors, skateboard, clothes, healthy oil.

Folks, buy everything you can made of hemp. There are over 1,000 Facebook pages with hemp in the title.

If not now, when, if not us - who? ... the rest of the world, that is who.

Jack Herer's book is free online: The Emperor Wears No Clothes - JackHerer.com
Also buy Doug Fine's Hemp Bound -... toward the next agricultural revolution.

a reply to: onequestion

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join