It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of Truthers/Disinformers/Gray Area in the Field of Ufology

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Since in imho your OP is disinfo, better add yourself to that category. Your conjecture is insulting and not based in anything more than your fragmented ideas and baseless assumptions.

Right on, well said, thank you. Also it would be great if the OP would learn sentence structure instead of hitting us with a wall of words...

Sorry, I hope my sentence structure is good enough for you to read and understand. I base these lists off of many things. Which researchers stand alone in what they say, false predictions, do they constantly advertise their book or dvd, have they previously been debunked, who do they work with, do they tell consistent info in their stories, who is their source/sources, does this person's evidence correlate with any other researcher...Im sorry you view them as baseless assumptions. Maybe you should ask why before you assume my reasoning.

Only ATS would post a list where Carl Sagan is sandwiched between Bob Lazar and David Icke in the "iffy" category.

The reason I put Sagan in the iffy part is his involvement in government and the limited info he could give about UFOs. I believe you viewing him from the science perspective, which obviously he far exceeds Icke or Lazar.

I think part of the problem is we dont have a lot of video of flying saucers flying and landing in plain view.
maybe some of it is because they are cloaked or somehow unobserved
the idea of saucers being standard fare on some motherships or larger forms of transportatio

I agree, they obviously do not want to be seen, therefore they probably do not want disclosure as well.

No offence intended but here's my short list of people who seem totally full of crap to me...

Preston Nichols- Professional BS artist.

Linda Moulton Howe- She wants to believe so badly that she seems to get attached to her stories in a extremely biased non-investigative journalist kind of way. Ends up presenting hoaxes as evidence.

David Icke- just trying to sell books!

Steven Greer- trying to sell camping trips.

Zacharia Sitchin- just trying to sell books!

von Däniken- just trying to sell books!

I agree with all your statements and it is interesting you say that about Nichols because I was reading an article earlier about how the Gov't gave him the good ol sodium pentothal treatment to see what he knew about about Montauk and supposedly screwed him up pretty bad in the head. Who knows..

edit on 26-9-2014 by kevinp2300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie

originally posted by: kevinp2300
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Well, I also formed a few of my opinions based on ppl who have been researching a lot longer than me. This subject doesn't seem to have any type of closure in sight for me. It keeps bringing me around and around and sometimes I have to stop and see where the hell my beliefs lie. What do you think of Simon Parkes? He seems like the real deal to me. Who are your rock solid ppl u look to for info? Do you feel like Linda Art and George are disinfo agents or just ppl looking for good ratings? What is crazy is there are ppl who have been researching this stuff since the 40's who are still alive. Idk if we can truly learn the whole story of this subject. We are talking about thousands of years of aliens being here and our mainstream researchers have not made it to step 2 yet. They are still stuck on if UFOs are real or not.

I think part of the problem is we dont have a lot of video of flying saucers flying and landing in plain view.
maybe some of it is because they are cloaked or somehow unobserved
the idea of saucers being standard fare on some motherships or larger forms of transportation

Strange that today with more people than ever with some kind of camera on them that the quality of images has NEVER got any better, ufo sites have to rely on video and stills of dot's of light at night in the distance or dark spots in daylight shot's and even when these videos/pictures are taken with the objects above a town or city we NEVER get a picture from below of the same event I wonder why

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

Go on youtube, type ufo and change search to "this week" and there are just a few examples. Some are fake as well. But the #s are not supporting your argument. Search this month and look how many videos there are.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

Tell you what YOU post a link to the one you think is the best and lets see what you come up with.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Tell you what YOU post a link to the one you think is the best and lets see what you come up with.

Yeah because all the millions and millions of people who claim to have seen a UFO are all wrong because you say so. Have a word with yourself.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

the first 2 were posted last week and the final 2 are from last month.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JamesTB

Yeah because all the millions and millions of people who claim to have seen a UFO are all wrong because you say so. Have a word with yourself.

Millions seeing them thousands of videos/pictures and not ONE convincing one

edit on 26-9-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2014 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

First 3 from HOAXER SITES
other one is familiar may have been on here YOU haven't done very well have YOU!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

First 3 from HOAXER SITES
other one is familiar may have been on here YOU haven't done very well have YOU!

Although the third vid looks like the Black Knight satellite.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Ok, so you are wrong. There ARE multiple pictures of same events. Look up the Jerusalem ufo, there are 4 different video angles of it. How can you make a claim saying the first 3 are fake sites when you obviously have not done your homework on UFOs.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Of all those names listed, not a single one has ever presented undeniable evidence of alien piloted UFOs or aliens visiting Earth. I think that says more about the field of Ufology than anything else.

Carl Sagan would have liked nothing more than to find evidence of intelligent alien life. To suggest he held back information is idiotic.

The links you provided show the level of your research. Your willingness to want to believe overriding wanting the truth.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

Of course Sagan did not hold it back. His government made him hold it back. What would you define as undeniable proof? If someone asks you if there will be a car wreck in the county you live in tomorrow, you will say yes. If they ask you for undeniable proof of this, how would you give it to them? you couldnt. U would have to rely on witness testimony, video evidence or the news. Ufology is the same way. Any undeniable proof is covered up and any videos, pictures, witness testimony is scrutinized by like minded ppl as yourself, because your whole purpose is to refute the evidence no matter what is presented to you. There is a whole rabbit hole of info to be found in this subject, if you actually open your mind to the possibility. I know you will say this is all bs and my time is being wasted researching this topic, but I covet truth and put it above everything else. I could ramble on for many lines explaining why aliens are real and visiting earth, but it is a waste of my time.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Aw Art Bell shouldn't qualify as dis info just because he was interested in ratings and letting anyone with an interesting story on. He never hid that fact and he made it clear to listeners to come to their own conclusions. A lot of the guests on Coast were great, even when full of it. Who doesn't love the Mel's Hole story!? The only other one that jumps out at me on your list is Greer. I personally think that guy is 100% bs. In all fairness though it has been a long time since I paid attention to the UFOlogical scene.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is an underwhelming list, barely scratching the surface and it lacks one of the largest categories out there: Hoaxers and pathological liars. For example, your very first entry:

originally posted by: kevinp2300

Truthers

Anthony Sanchez- A newer name in the field. He wrote a great book "UFO Highway", about a lot of the operations going on at Dulce. His book was quickly pulled and is no longer available anywhere. He has done recent shows and calls his source Colonel X. His info coincides with Simon Parkes as well.

Known hoaxer who was banned from ATS.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Nicorette

Really? why?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
So basically, if they agree with your beliefs or you get a gut feeling about them, it's the truth. And if you disagree, they're disinfo agents. Something like that..?

You've got it!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
But you've openly admitted - the only evidence that exists is that people claim it happened. People who profit off books or enjoy the celebrity they gain from it.

Never assume that people choosing not to monetarily profit off a claim tell the truth. There are other things to gain.

People corroborating other absurd stories does not make it true either - its a simple psychological warfare tactic to repeat things people have heard before, as it reinforces the idea that it happened. "A lie told ten enough becomes truth." -Vladimir Lenin

You accuse people of being closed minded whilst being closed minded to the idea that aliens might not exist, and use this encompassing excuse that any good evidence must be repressed.

There is literally zero evidence that what people are seeing in the skies is not piloted by humans - if piloted at all - if even a craft. After all, the vast majority of sightings are of lights, and nothing more discernible.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Of course Sagan did not hold it back. His government made him hold it back.

Do you have evidence that Carl Sagan was made to hold back information about UFOs/aliens by the government? Or just a belief he did? If you make a statement such as that, you need facts to back it up. I doubt you have facts. I think you're too caught the government conspiracy crapola. Everything is hidden through government agencies. *It's there, believe us, just don't ask us for it because we can't provide it.* It's a cop-out response for the reason behind having absolutely no physical evidence.

If someone asks you if there will be a car wreck in the county you live in tomorrow, you will say yes. If they ask you for undeniable proof of this, how would you give it to them? you couldn't. U would have to rely on witness testimony, video evidence or the news. Ufology is the same way. Any undeniable proof is covered up and any videos, pictures, witness testimony is scrutinized by like minded ppl as yourself...

So we have a comparison of existing proven facts: human beings, automobiles, human error, and automobile accidents. To one of non-existing, unproven facts: alien beings, alien piloted UFOs, and alien visitation. You don't see the issue there? One is a belief that hasn't had a single piece of irrefutable physical evidence in it's 65+ year history. While the other is a fact with a century long history of physical evidence. Not to mention every person has either been in an automobile accident, or has known someone that has with physical evidence at the time to prove it. It's another silly, weak argument. You're mistakenly trying to compare a belief with a fact to show a point.

...because your whole purpose is to refute the evidence no matter what is presented to you.

My whole purpose is to refute? Can you provide me with one piece of physical evidence from these claimed physical events that would satisfy any scientist or scientifically minded person that aliens are here or are visiting? Maybe then we can give realistic thought to some of these cases being a visiting alien. Otherwise, the default will always be Earthly unless overwhelming evidence says different.

There is a whole rabbit hole of info to be found in this subject, if you actually open your mind to the possibility.

This is just another- "If you knew the facts as I do, you would believe" argument. You've already shown that you're not up on your facts of these cases. Posting hoax videos. Your willingness to accept things at face value shows you do very surface and cursory research. Nothing that involves deep research nor thought.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

Like I said, no matter what I post, you will refute and not accept the possibility of it being real and dismiss the material as hoaxes. There is a lot of evidence to show aliens have been to this earth, some physical. If you actually had an unbiased interest in learning I would take the time to show you, but it sounds like your mind is pretty set dude. This isn't my ego saying "if you only knew what I knew", this is me knowing how skeptics work, some ppl are realists and will only believe what they can physically confirm as real. You will break down what I say point to point and not look at what I say as possible, but rather try to refute it. This thread is obviously for ppl who believe in aliens and about ufologists and their work. If you don't believe in aliens, that is fine. Stop posting here, there is a why aliens is real thread. Would you like the link?
edit on 27-9-2014 by kevinp2300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Nick Redfern is far from being a disinfo agent. He is a very honest and nice guy. He puts the evidence out there and lets the reader decide. He never talks like his ideas/theories are fact.
edit on 27-9-2014 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join