It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of Truthers/Disinformers/Gray Area in the Field of Ufology

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I have been researching the UFO subject for 10 years now and in order to reflect on what I have learned so far I decided to make a list of truthers/disinformers in ufology and why I have come to believe this. One of the biggest downfalls to ufology is the plethora of people who try to dis-inform the subject or tell somewhat true stories with lies embedded in order to sell a book. Even people who have been manipulated to believe falsities implanted in their minds from aliens is possible and commonly researchers are told to shut up by the government. This list will also include a 3rd section of researchers in the gray area in terms of what their intentions are from my perspective, this group also includes a few researchers who are fed dis-info and believe it. Please let me know if I miss anything about anyone because this topic is truly a Pandora's box. I can honestly say I have watched 1000+ hours of material on this subject so I hope it is worth something. I know I probably missed a few people, so throw out some other names not on the lists please.

Truthers

Anthony Sanchez- A newer name in the field. He wrote a great book "UFO Highway", about a lot of the operations going on at Dulce. His book was quickly pulled and is no longer available anywhere. He has done recent shows and calls his source Colonel X. His info coincides with Simon Parkes as well.

Bob Dean- Truly ahead of his time. My only ? is did the government end up getting to him?? Last couple of vids he goes off on weird far out topics claiming his wife is an ET and what not. Who knows but as far as I am concerned his info about his time at NATO is true.

Carla Turner- believe she was too angry at our gov't but did do great research into the grey abduction phenomenon.

Charles Hall- I have always got the feeling he told what he could and left it at that. Clearly avoids topics that he has no knowledge of in interviews. Many others speak of the tall whites he mentions. I believe these are the beings from Zeta Reticuli.

David Adair- Very smart man, could be a very complex disinfo agent, however it sounds like stays on topic about the technology he worked with, as well as describing how it works.

Jim Marrs- an objective researcher who carries a journalistic background to the field. His info coincides with many others.
John Mack- One of my favorite abductee researchers, however I feel as if the government got to him after his initial wave of skepticism he received for his research from Harvard. This could have lead to him being silent on the negative race of ETs or genuinely unaware.

Paul Hellyer- 91 years old and still writing books/doing shows discussing the global Cabals and how to defeat them. He was kept out of the loop in terms of the deeper layers of the UFO subject and did not realize the subject goes deeper than the US shooting down craft. Nevertheless, I believe he is well intended.

Philip Corso- Once again, someone who tells what they can and leaves it at that. His info coincides with many others concerning Roswell

Preston Nichols- Have heard multiple respected ufologists commend him on his research. Very knowledgeable about the Montauk Project and Philadelphia Experiment.

Simon Parkes- My favorite speaker. His story sounds rather crazy to a newcomer to the field, however something tells me he is the real deal. Gordon Duff posted that one of his sources claimed Parkes the real deal. Admits the part of his family that is illuminati and is a very well spoken man who does not try to sell anything to you.

The Gray Area

Andrew Collier- Although his information about Plaedians coincides with some ufologists research, he comes off as cocky and as trying to sell you a book. I have a hard time believing the whole Andromeda Council thing but I guess it is possible.

Bob Lazar- One of the most fascinating stories. He is very smart, which leads to a good story and also scares me. How much of what he says is true? What else does he know? Possible disinfo agent IMO.

Carl Sagan- I feel he did what he could up to a point because of his involvement in the Gov't

David Icke- I feel as if even though he is a good speaker, he is trying to sell you stuff as well as fight the disinfo agents by resorting to crazy claims about reptilians.

Jordan Maxwell- Seems passionate about the subject. Comes off as rather cocky and carries a lot of anger with him. He tries to sell stuff and refuses to tell us the whole story in fears of Warner bros. stealing his "symbol" idea.

Linda Moulton Howe- I do believe she works hard researching mutilations. However, her connection to Art Bell jeopardizes her validity. I think in recent years she has caught track of where the subject is currently going.

Stanton Friedman- One of the original ufologists. He does not share all he knows, however he is fundamentally important for originally researching UFOs. IMO needs to be more open minded to some of the other stories in ufology rather than quickly dismissing the possibility due to lack of evidence.

Steven Greer- I believe he has had good alien contact, however he is naive to attribute all negative ET phenomena on our government.

Dis-Informants

Art Bell- I will give Art the benefit of the doubt since he had to come up with material for his show. However, he is quoted as saying as long as it raises the ratings, interview them. This lead to a lot of disinformation agents being interviewed on Coast to Coast throughout the years. Art also says he doesnt want the responsibility of deciding what is or is not true.

David Wilcock- Claims he is the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce. Said that Y2k would be disastrous, 2009 we would make contact and 2012 a huge event would happen. Enough with the BS David.

Ed Dames- Gov't remote viewing recruiter. Spreads false prophesies

George Adamski- The orginal disinfo agent of the gov't

John Lear- known CIA operative. Claims a tower is on the moon and collects our souls after we die in a box.

Nick Redfern- All that retrovirus bs he claimed was found on a crashed UFO. Widely reported disinfo agent.

Zacharia Sitchin- Sees Sumerian writings from an extremely biased Jewish perspective. Possibly disinfo agent working for the illuminati.

edit on 25-9-2014 by kevinp2300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Please cite a link where I can read what you claim John Lear said.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
the cia/nsa ptb secret govt might be behind the internet
they will not tell us
use your best judgment
there is apparently a ton of dis-information out there

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

LINK

Here is a previous thread discussing what he said.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

10 or so years from 2003-4 and a few 1,000 hrs assimilating info and opinions? Myself personally have been studying the issue as well since 1969 and Robert Dione's "God drives a flying Sucer" and the 1970 release of "Chariot of the Gods".

There is an abundance of text, books, documentaries, movies, videos and evidence presented and studied by a very large amount of researchers not mentioned. Some of those being right on, others questionable, and still others obviously dubious in their "intent" as you suggested.

I think concluding anything based on 10 years of study...no matter how intense, can only refelct to a degree on time spent. Some of the sightings, events and incidences themselves were experienced in the news to some of us as they happened over the last 1/2 century-50+ years and 10's of thousands of hours immersed in the subject. Not to say there is anything wrong with your info or assessment. I agree with you nearly 100%.

But the statement that youv'e been into to it for 10 years, based on that alone...provides us with an opinion based on that: 10 years. So, that stands for what it is, even so... much of it youv'e been spot-on with your opinion.

Just think! Some of us turned on the news as these people spoke or as events and sightings happened. We didnt READ about them. We EXPERIENCED them. Dulce. Bentwaters...and 100's of others... and the so-called "experts" who addressed those events as youve named them individually WHEN they spoke. That goes along way ...50 yrs... not 10...in interpreting the subjects, incidents and their "credibility" or lack there-of.

I'd like to hear back from you in another 10 yrs of study....then again in another 20!

Thanks for the thread! Best- MS

edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: perception

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Here's a link to the C2C interview where this comes up:

John Lear: Secrets Revealed

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kevinp2300

LINK

Here is a previous thread discussing what he said.

I agree some of John Lear's theories are true, however some of them are really really far out

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Well, I also formed a few of my opinions based on ppl who have been researching a lot longer than me. This subject doesn't seem to have any type of closure in sight for me. It keeps bringing me around and around and sometimes I have to stop and see where the hell my beliefs lie. What do you think of Simon Parkes? He seems like the real deal to me. Who are your rock solid ppl u look to for info? Do you feel like Linda Art and George are disinfo agents or just ppl looking for good ratings? What is crazy is there are ppl who have been researching this stuff since the 40's who are still alive. Idk if we can truly learn the whole story of this subject. We are talking about thousands of years of aliens being here and our mainstream researchers have not made it to step 2 yet. They are still stuck on if UFOs are real or not.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

a reply to: mysterioustranger

Well, I also formed a few of my opinions based on ppl who have been researching a lot longer than me. This subject doesn't seem to have any type of closure in sight for me. It keeps bringing me around and around and sometimes I have to stop and see where the hell my beliefs lie. What do you think of Simon Parkes? He seems like the real deal to me. Who are your rock solid ppl u look to for info? Do you feel like Linda Art and George are disinfo agents or just ppl looking for good ratings? What is crazy is there are ppl who have been researching this stuff since the 40's who are still alive. Idk if we can truly learn the whole story of this subject. We are talking about thousands of years of aliens being here and our mainstream researchers have not made it to step 2 yet. They are still stuck on if UFOs are real or not.

I think part of the problem is we dont have a lot of video of flying saucers flying and landing in plain view.
maybe some of it is because they are cloaked or somehow unobserved
the idea of saucers being standard fare on some motherships or larger forms of transportation

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I have been researching the UFO subject for 10 years now and in order to reflect on what I have learned so far I decided to make a list of truthers/disinformers in ufology and why I have come to believe this. One of the biggest downfalls to ufology is the plethora of people who try to dis-inform the subject or tell somewhat true stories with lies embedded in order to sell a book. Even people who have been manipulated to believe falsities implanted in their minds from aliens is possible and commonly researchers are told to shut up by the government. This list will also include a 3rd section of researchers in the gray area in terms of what their intentions are from my perspective, this group also includes a few researchers who are fed dis-info and believe it. Please let me know if I miss anything about anyone because this topic is truly a Pandora's box. I can honestly say I have watched 1000+ hours of material on this subject so I hope it is worth something. I know I probably missed a few people, so throw out some other names not on the lists please.

In order to determine who is a "truther", you first have to know what the truth is. How do you know what the truth is?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
No offence intended but here's my short list of people who seem totally full of crap to me...

Preston Nichols- Professional BS artist.

Linda Moulton Howe- She wants to believe so badly that she seems to get attached to her stories in a extremely biased non-investigative journalist kind of way. Ends up presenting hoaxes as evidence.

David Icke- just trying to sell books!

Steven Greer- trying to sell camping trips.

Zacharia Sitchin- just trying to sell books!

von Däniken- just trying to sell books!

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

I don't recall Preston Nichols' observations/experiences, however the others are believable imo , not so sure about Icke

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

He did a really fun to listen to Art Bell interview. (found it! Youtube) But if you watch too much of him on youtube (other vids available) it starts to feel like a kid who is telling stories for the attention.

Art mentions The Amityville house (unrelated to his interview with Preston - they were talking Philadelphia Experiment or Montauk Project stuff) and Preston responds with a story about how he investigated the house.

Fun stuff to listen to, but after hearing him (and Al Bielik and Duncan Cameron) I must surmise they are just hoaxing.

EDIT: A friend was and Icke fan years ago and I read some books at his house, among other claims baby eating shapeshifting aliens run the planet. :/

edit on 25-9-2014 by Elton because: David Icke is my lovechild...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

the planet is probably run/directed by aliens
or I should say 'advanced beings'
we as Earthly humans are not the top of the food chain literally or symbolically

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

I guess I'm too pragmatic (maybe even solipistic occasionally), I pretty much respond to the reality around me. If gods are real but hidden I don't notice and continue on with my daily life, same with aliens I guess (although I spent a fair bit of time looking for compelling evidence I have not satisfied my own skepticism to be sure of anything beyond the mundane.)

That said I have no desire to try and convince you of my skepticism and encourage you in your search for truth.

Now I think I want to watch the film, They Live!

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Truthers

Anthony Sanchez- A newer name in the field. He wrote a great book "UFO Highway", about a lot of the operations going on at Dulce. His book was quickly pulled and is no longer available anywhere. He has done recent shows and calls his source Colonel X. His info coincides with Simon Parkes as well.

Bob Dean- Truly ahead of his time. My only ? is did the government end up getting to him?? Last couple of vids he goes off on weird far out topics claiming his wife is an ET and what not. Who knows but as far as I am concerned his info about his time at NATO is true.

Carla Turner- believe she was too angry at our gov't but did do great research into the grey abduction phenomenon.

Charles Hall- I have always got the feeling he told what he could and left it at that. Clearly avoids topics that he has no knowledge of in interviews. Many others speak of the tall whites he mentions. I believe these are the beings from Zeta Reticuli.

David Adair- Very smart man, could be a very complex disinfo agent, however it sounds like stays on topic about the technology he worked with, as well as describing how it works.

Jim Marrs- an objective researcher who carries a journalistic background to the field. His info coincides with many others.
John Mack- One of my favorite abductee researchers, however I feel as if the government got to him after his initial wave of skepticism he received for his research from Harvard. This could have lead to him being silent on the negative race of ETs or genuinely unaware.

Paul Hellyer- 91 years old and still writing books/doing shows discussing the global Cabals and how to defeat them. He was kept out of the loop in terms of the deeper layers of the UFO subject and did not realize the subject goes deeper than the US shooting down craft. Nevertheless, I believe he is well intended.

Philip Corso- Once again, someone who tells what they can and leaves it at that. His info coincides with many others concerning Roswell

Preston Nichols- Have heard multiple respected ufologists commend him on his research. Very knowledgeable about the Montauk Project and Philadelphia Experiment.

Simon Parkes- My favorite speaker. His story sounds rather crazy to a newcomer to the field, however something tells me he is the real deal. Gordon Duff posted that one of his sources claimed Parkes the real deal. Admits the part of his family that is illuminati and is a very well spoken man who does not try to sell anything to you.

The Gray Area

Andrew Collier- Although his information about Plaedians coincides with some ufologists research, he comes off as cocky and as trying to sell you a book. I have a hard time believing the whole Andromeda Council thing but I guess it is possible.

Bob Lazar- One of the most fascinating stories. He is very smart, which leads to a good story and also scares me. How much of what he says is true? What else does he know? Possible disinfo agent IMO.

Carl Sagan- I feel he did what he could up to a point because of his involvement in the Gov't

David Icke- I feel as if even though he is a good speaker, he is trying to sell you stuff as well as fight the disinfo agents by resorting to crazy claims about reptilians.

Jordan Maxwell- Seems passionate about the subject. Comes off as rather cocky and carries a lot of anger with him. He tries to sell stuff and refuses to tell us the whole story in fears of Warner bros. stealing his "symbol" idea.

Linda Moulton Howe- I do believe she works hard researching mutilations. However, her connection to Art Bell jeopardizes her validity. I think in recent years she has caught track of where the subject is currently going.

Stanton Friedman- One of the original ufologists. He does not share all he knows, however he is fundamentally important for originally researching UFOs. IMO needs to be more open minded to some of the other stories in ufology rather than quickly dismissing the possibility due to lack of evidence.

Steven Greer- I believe he has had good alien contact, however he is naive to attribute all negative ET phenomena on our government.

Dis-Informants

Art Bell- I will give Art the benefit of the doubt since he had to come up with material for his show. However, he is quoted as saying as long as it raises the ratings, interview them. This lead to a lot of disinformation agents being interviewed on Coast to Coast throughout the years. Art also says he doesnt want the responsibility of deciding what is or is not true.

David Wilcock- Claims he is the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce. Said that Y2k would be disastrous, 2009 we would make contact and 2012 a huge event would happen. Enough with the BS David.

Ed Dames- Gov't remote viewing recruiter. Spreads false prophesies

George Adamski- The orginal disinfo agent of the gov't

John Lear- known CIA operative. Claims a tower is on the moon and collects our souls after we die in a box.

Nick Redfern- All that retrovirus bs he claimed was found on a crashed UFO. Widely reported disinfo agent.

Zacharia Sitchin- Sees Sumerian writings from an extremely biased Jewish perspective. Possibly disinfo agent working for the illuminati.

Very informative. I'll have to agree with you all the way with your classifications. They all seem fitting, in my honest opinion.

edit on 25-9-2014 by Hyron because: Format error

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Only ATS would post a list where Carl Sagan is sandwiched between Bob Lazar and David Icke in the "iffy" category.

Thanks for the laugh OP

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So basically, if they agree with your beliefs or you get a gut feeling about them, it's the truth. And if you disagree, they're disinfo agents. Something like that..?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kevinp2300

Since in imho your OP is disinfo, better add yourself to that category. Your conjecture is insulting and not based in anything more than your fragmented ideas and baseless assumptions.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Right on, well said, thank you. Also it would be great if the OP would learn sentence structure instead of hitting us with a wall of words...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join