It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Prescription Rules for Hydrocodone Set to Start in October.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Doctors and law makers simply do NOT care about patients. That is clear. Everything they do screws over the majority in the HOPES that it MIGHT help a few people.

When someone is crying on the floor from pain and the doctors says to take a couple ibuprofen you know there is something wrong.

You might say "james, there was a time where none of these painkillers existed? People got along fine"

Well, no, there hasn't been a time where painkillers didn't exist. Opium has been used to treat pain for a long, long time. You used to be able to just go down to the corner drug store and get some opium syrup. Not anymore.

The drug companies package and patent everything so it's incredibly more addictive, the government makes it illegal for you to seek pain relief anywhere else so you are forced into their web, then they get you addicted and then cut the rug out from under you. And then tell you it's your fault.

And you people buy it because "people need to be kept safe!"

No, they don't. People need to be given the right to control their own lifes and do what they see fit as long as they aren't hurting anyone else.

All the serious addicts know that hydrocodone is for kids anyway. Hydromorphone and Oxymorphone are their DOCs if even bothering with pharmaceuticals and not using straight h.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
What this will do is send all the folks who can't get an appointment through the emergency room for a refill, along with all the sniffle cases.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: sean

Be prepared for a massive influx of Opiates on the Streets.

The Black Market, (government included) will make fortunes from selling illegal pain killers! Not to mention the increase of profits for the Corporate Prison system............

They act like they are doing it because they care, but in reality, rest assured it will end up being a great way for the illicit drug trade, ie CIA and Judicial/Prison system to fill more cots!

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
What this will do is send all the folks who can't get an appointment through the emergency room for a refill, along with all the sniffle cases.

Or out on the street to stick a needle in their arm....

But then it doesn't matter, because it' doesn't show up on stats for how much pain medication is being used, and the puppet masters are happy.

It's funny how they parrot addiction as the reason to stop prescribing opiates, yet they push anti-depressants on anyone who will have it. If you don't think anti-depressants are addictive, you are out of your mind.

Prescribing drug A that is horribly addictive and causes psychotic breaks, OK, push as much as possible!

Prescribing drug B that is addictive but past that causes few issues, and helps millions live a better life, let's make that hard to get, and force innocents to suffer for the actions of a few.

There is zero compassion left in the medical industry, it's nothing but money and image. Stop playing with people's pain as your own little political tool.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

The Black Market, (government included) will make fortunes from selling illegal pain killers! Not to mention the increase of profits for the Corporate Prison system............

They act like they are doing it because they care, but in reality, rest assured it will end up being a great way for the illicit drug trade, ie CIA and Judicial/Prison system to fill more cots!

Why would there be an influx of opiates on the street when this thread is specifically about them increasing the roadblocks to obtain opiates?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

Lets say you have 3 herniated discs and at one point the doctor prescribed you some Hydrocodone. Ok 2 months down the road you have ZERO meds and you tweak your back out and cannot walk. You cannot call your pharmacy and have them fax to the doctor for approval. With this law you MUST have a office visit for the doctor to give you a hand written script. If you are bed ridden that makes it difficult doesn't it?? I wouldn't wish anyone to be in that situation. This doesn't help addiction in the slightest. A patient in severe pain and cannot walk vertical should not have to jump through hoops literally to beg for pain meds. That's my argument.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

So do you have to have an actual visit or can you just go to the office to pick up your script? As it stands now, my appointments are every 2 months, with the in between months having me go in to pick up the script for my breakthrough meds.

My next appointment is tomorrow. I suppose I'll find out. I sincerely hope I don't have to start having an appointment every month. I already see 3 other doctors on a monthly basis. It's a struggle for me just to get out to those appointments...adding another just feels like overkill. It's not as if my condition cannot be verified, the pain caused by it isn't even up for debate. Sometimes I feel like I'm being punished for wanting to have a decent quality of life. It's not as if I expect a magic pill to take all my pain away, I know how unrealistic that is. I just want to be able to be there for my family.
edit on 25-9-2014 by U4ea82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Sounds like that person should not have let his medication reach 0 correct?
If you can not even walk without it, seems like something that person should have.

Also, if this person can get to the pharmacy to pick up the meds, why can they not make it to the doctor's office?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Some pharmacies deliver to housebound patients. At least in my area.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1982
There is zero compassion left in the medical industry, it's nothing but money and image. Stop playing with people's pain as your own little political tool.

Not sure about the logic of this statement. Surely "big pharma" or whatever would want to sell you all the pills you want.

I've never heard a doctor lobby for more regulation. There are, however, a LOT of people who like to gobble norco like popcorn, and you can get a decent price on the street for it, so there are a lot of bums that come in for Norco scripts.

Personally, it wouldn't bother me if they put a big Halloween bowl of percocet out on the counter and let people have at it. The problem would solve itself shortly.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

They can only be written for the amount prescibed ie: 2x day=60, 3x day-90 etc. And they can only be refilled 3 times, and youve got to go and pick up the paper-refill orders at the office. The 4th time, you must see your doctor. Then the process begins all over.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

prior to the law change:

I see my doctor every 3 months
He writes me a scrip for 30 days of meds with two refills
I call in and the scrip is mailed to my house
There is no going to the pharmacy and there is no running out of meds

With the change:
I have to see my doctor every 30 days
He writes me a scrip for 30 days of meds

I can see people running out of meds under this system faster than the old one

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: itswhatev

Interesting that you were prescribed narcotics that CAUSE constipation with Crohns. I know those meds work well, so its an uncomfortable trade-off.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus
The pharmacy I use now absolutely refuses to fill anything until the last dose is due. So technically I am "out" of medicine every time I have to get mine filled, though the last dose would currently be in my system at that point.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: whyamIhere

They did the piss testing before obamacare came out so your doctors are lying to you.
Sounds like you go to a pain management office.

Sorry people, this will help stop the addicts, the amount of fraudulent prescriptions stopped alone will put a dent in it.
As it stands you can call this type of script in, and almost all the info you need is on most RX's regardless of what it is written for or they just need one controlled form and then they got the info.

I already go almost every month...

My PA writes me 2 months at a time. She has to write a second script for the refill.

They won't do it unless they trust you. That takes years.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: U4ea82

Ah - I can order mine five days out to allow for mail delivery.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: U4ea82
a reply to: 200Plus
The pharmacy I use now absolutely refuses to fill anything until the last dose is due. So technically I am "out" of medicine every time I have to get mine filled, though the last dose would currently be in my system at that point.

Find a new Pharmacy...

Tonight

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

no. they just implemented another means of getting money to the doctors for an office visit fee.

you're not getting a written script without paying an office visit fee.

:screwy:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1982

originally posted by: seeker1963

Why would there be an influx of opiates on the street when this thread is specifically about them increasing the roadblocks to obtain opiates?

Per the OP's source, the DEA is the agency responsible for implementing this program, due to an over abundance of prescription pain killers. Some people steal them, others sell them.

By decreasing the amount of prescription pain pills what do you think people will resort to as an alternative? The streets maybe?

I don't see the war on drugs going away anytime soon with this kind of thinking.
edit on 25-9-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
A close relative of mine has used Lortabs for pain relief since he was in an accident that broke many, many bones and required a dozen surgeries. He has trauma-induced arthritis pain in several joints that over-the-counter drugs won't touch. Mainly it only happens when there is a change in the weather. He takes one or two a week sometimes---and has stayed at that level since he got over the initial surgeries over 20 years ago. He will need this type of pain relief for the rest of his life. Those bones are as good as they'll ever get, the arthritis won't go away and leave him pain-free and yet these medical "professionals" can't distinguish between a person who uses the medication for chronic pain relief and the ones that are distributing them to the abusers.
According to his doc, it seems that the corporate medical industry is attempting to funnel all pain relief issues into some sort of specialized pain management clinics. Another relative of mine was sent to one of those clinics and found out that if he refused any of their treatments---when the treatment didn't work on his pain, or made him so sick he couldn't function---they will refuse to treat the patient! It's their way or the highway---in other words they don't actually care if they take care of the pain as long as the patient does exactly what they tell him to do AND that the insurance papers are all in order....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join