It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven billion worlds

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
There are somewhere around seven billion worlds on this planet and each one is a sacred place in the eyes of one individual soul. Each world overlaps the others in ways that are obvious in some ways and unimaginable in others. Each world is walked upon, experienced and changed in it's very own special way by the soul that resides in it.

Some of the souls that reside on this planet don't put much thought into how much their actions can bleed over and have dramatic effects in the other worlds that are experienced here. Some try and do what they can to clean up the mess of these people so that others might be able to experience their world in a peaceful and healthy way. What most don't understand is that the world they experience doesn't belong to them and that defacing it in any way is a crime against any and every other one of the other souls experiencing this place. Because of this misunderstanding most of those who do deface the planet aren't held accountable for their actions, and to make it worse, they aren't even encouraged to change their behaviour.

The biggest challenge that we face today is in the perception of our role here on this planet. We seem to look at it as a static platform that we reside on instead of the dynamic living structure that it is. Though the earth might not be alive in the sense that it can communicate it's pain it is nonetheless a compound of living breathing organisms that supports itself in all ways. We cannot disconnect ourselves from this reality. What we can do is take the misguided approach that we have been taking and keep trying to force a static quality to our planet, or we can see our home for what it is and try and rework a more dynamic and unabrasive approach to stewardship.

Although there is a place for the awesome technologies that we have created in our world today, there comes a huge responsibility that goes along with it, one that we are neglecting at the tragic demise of our planet as well as the seven billion worlds that we reside in and the countless other wild beings that also live here.

We should be ashamed that we take so many things for granted, things in which we have no business surrounding ourselves with. For hundreds of thousands of years our species evolved to be stronger, smarter and more creative, yet we have done all this without so many of the creature comforts we can't live without today. Our ancestors are dishonoured by the fact that we sacrifice the futures of those who have not come yet so that we may forgo the challenges that our planet has naturally provided us with for millennia. What makes us so special that we would deny ourselves and our children the opportunity to maintain the natural challenges that the earth has provided for us?

One must sacrifice comfort in the pursuit of strength. What is it that makes us believe we should pursue comfort at whatever the cost to the future, but a misguided perception of our individual worlds?

If our species will decide to look deep into the future and see our children living in harmony upon this earth we will no doubt have to again be creative in the sacrifices and challenges we put before ourselves. We CAN live without most of the things we surround ourselves with. We CAN be fulfilled in our lives without the things we so aggressively pursue with our time and energy.

It is not hard to recognise the things that are harmful and unneeded in our lives, we just have to be relentless in our struggle to shrug them off. We must see the crimes against nature for what they are, crimes against our children and theirs. We must hold accountable others who deface the planet. We must recognise that our culture has lost perspective on what is right and what is wrong when it comes to the legacy we leave behind.

edit on 25-9-2014 by Quauhtli because: ...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Quauhtli

Sweet. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

The biggest challenge that we face today is in the perception of our role here on this planet. We seem to look at it as a static platform that we reside on instead of the dynamic living structure that it is.

Thanks , very well put. May I add that I somehow feel that emotional patterns are involved in creating that dynamic living structure.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
That's 2 threads today that have made sense and tied up a few loose ends. cheers mate.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Thanks guys,
I posted this thread based on an idea that has been mulling around in my thoughts. The idea was that every individual on this planet lives in a different world than everyone else. Though there may be similarities between the individual worlds, there are vast differences as well. Someone living at the top may as well be across the universe from someone on the bottom, but regardless there are ties that bond them together. When you try and make things a little better in your world it benefits all of the others, likewise when you deface your world, the effects cary over as well.

By this way of thinking it seems that we should go to much greater effort to hold those accountable who deface the planet. As well we should also try and elevate those who put energy into maintaining balance. Looking at politicians in this light is going to become imperative in the future if we want to clean up our past discretions.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

One must sacrifice comfort in the pursuit of strength. What is it that makes us believe we should pursue comfort at whatever the cost to the future, but a misguided perception of our individual worlds?

So you are against individual rights and democracy?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
No way,
The thread is about perspective. I would say that the only way that we can collectively change things at all for the better is through common trends~democracy, and the voluntary denial of excessive indulgence on a massive scale.

The first sentence in your quote is about life in general. Through discipline and sacrifice one makes himself stronger and more prepared for challenges in his environment. Our culture is hell bent on sacrificing strength, common sense and frugality for the pursuit of comfort. It is this trend that leads us towards over consumption of natural resources, and leads us to turn our children loose on the world without being strong enough to fend for themselves.

It is in general terms that I speak, you may not have these issues at all in your life. But I think that in the act of trying to protect our children we do them a disservice in life. Our lack of discipline and fear of the the unknown leads us to surround ourselves with things that do us and the future of our planet no good at all.
edit on 26-9-2014 by Quauhtli because: ...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
! emissions trading scheme will solve all our problems...(sarcasm)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD

So you are against individual rights and democracy?

Naw I think it's more like me.

I have sacrificed the comforts most (including the op I'd bet) people take for granted

Like a permanent home, running water and electricity

For the freedom of doing what I want when I want and having nothing to hold me in place

A cconstant reevaluation of life to affirm my place in the world

Constant movement to keep me from stagnation

top topics

join