It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby on the Colbert Report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Was it me, or did the great Bill Cosby seem to have lost his mental clarity?

I'm a big fan of Cosby, from the electric company, to Fat Albert, to the Cosy Show, to even his famous rant against thugs African American culture, his home spun humor always made me smile.

But this interview was hard to watch. Colbert was kind, and soft, and it seemed to me that Cosby was not who he used to be.

Was it just me? Please say it's just me and I'm over reacting.

Bill Cosby is one of my comedic heroes. I hope he lives for a long time and is ok.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Please link. I'd like to see too

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bhliberal

People have unrealistic expectations of aging. Brains get old too.

He was born in 1937 for #'s sake.

thecolbertreport.cc.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
He's 77 years old. We are lucky if we aren't pissing on ourselves and living off of Ensure by that age. It is normal to lose clarity and focus as we age. That's why so many wind up with dementia/Alzheimer's.

I have seen a few actors do this that I really liked, and while I am always glad the host is kind with them, it always leaves me feeling sad for them.

Old age... It happens to the best of us.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Idk I get the old age thing but he was damn near incoherent last night.
It was hard for me go watch as well

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It really wasn't that bad. Cosby always sounded drunk, speaking patterns and all. He has always sounded slurred and out of it...but it's always spot on and you can tell he is cognizant.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure he was an alcoholic...but who knows. Anyone want to verify or clarify this? If that is the case I think he's doing pretty well for his age. Great comedian. He is up there with rest of my favorites.
edit on 25-9-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

I know, still, you hope that someone like Cosby would hold into that divine spark of wit to the end.

I wish him the best to the end. And I am just stunned by his performance. It wasn't what I expected.

I know, age is a terrible thing, that's why i refuse any part of it, I just guess that seeing a great start to fall apart is a sobering reminder that people grow old and it's not always pretty to see.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Here's a link about it with the video clip gawker.com...

Yeah.....He does seem like he may be going a bit senile....But at the same time, I thought he was still hilarious! I hope I'm as quick witted when I'm entering senility!

He may be well past his prime....But he's still got some humor left to share with the world.

edit.....I thought I''d add that Colbert did a masterful job of handling the interview. It could have been more awkward if he was being interviewed by someone else....But Colbert just went right along with whatever Cosby said, no matter how random, and really made it work! You could tell he had a lot of respect for the guy!
edit on 25-9-2014 by bhornbuckle75 because: mahabone

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bhornbuckle75

I think so too, he does have humor left to share with the world.

Cosby has always been a kind friendly sort of comedian. Bright and uplifting. I just want more years with him here on earth, I think humanity and comedy actually needs his brand of humor.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I questioned Jesse Ventura's health and had my thread thrown in the trash bin.
Wonder how yours will do...since Cosby doesn't have a named account.
he could be around...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Well if for some reason he is a member of ATS, "Hi Dr. Cosby"

Big fan, hope your well!

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Im sure "his well" is okay.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

No WAY man, that was comedy gold! Cosby knows how old he is and he's playing off of it. It was hilarious watching the debut episode, and even funnier watching the rerun.

There really was a lot of intricacy in that dialogue, but only if you can really understand the scope of both Cosby and Colberts comedy prowess.

part 2 of the interview

Where Cosby intentionally picks up steam

edit on 25-9-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Utterly hilarious. He's a legend for a reason.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I will admit that the first time I saw the interview I was feeling like you: sort of uneasy at the obvious mental deterioration of an elder comedy legend... Extremely sad to see...

But watch again what Cosby does in both parts of the interview (and remember this is all rehearsed of course,) ...he really is aware of his age, and is definitely embellishing it for comic effect.

True to his form, his comedy touches directly on real life.

edit on 25-9-2014 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I wonder if the LAPD is opening up the Cold Case file on Cosby's murdered son? There seems to be a very strong motive for "getting back" at Bill after all there recent revelations.

new topics

top topics

join