It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two neighbors talking...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Surely this one won't get my hand smacked... Although I'm paraphrasing from memory, a version of this joke was published in Reader's Digest:

One afternoon two women who lived next to each other were both working in their yards and the more elderly of the two motioned her neighbor over to the fence.

"I'm not meaning to be nosey, but can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what do you want to know?", the young woman asked as she took off her gardening gloves.

"Well, there's something I've been wondering for a while... Since you and your husband got married and moved in ten years ago there were eight additions to the family just like clockwork. It's pretty clear that you aren't expecting, is everything okay?"

Her neighbor laughed and shrugged, "You know, it's the funniest thing but I think it might have been my hearing aid."

After a pause, the older woman asked, "How in the world could a hearing aid have anything to do with THAT?!"

She replied, "Yeah, I know that sounds weird but, used to, every night when we went to bed my husband would reach across to the bedside lamp and ask, 'You wanna go to sleep or what...?'"

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
*groan*

It was kind of cute, though.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I don't get it. She wears a hearing aid, so, is she confusing his question for something else, such as a request for intimate relations? If so, why would such relations automatically preclude the use of some koind of prophylactics or birth control?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
I don't get it. She wears a hearing aid, so, is she confusing his question for something else, such as a request for intimate relations? If so, why would such relations automatically preclude the use of some koind of prophylactics or birth control?

The joke was originally posted and linked in response to someone who asked, "Are we really expected to believe -Fill In The Blank-, or what?"

It reminded me of this old joke.

Humor is largely subjective and if you didn't find it funny, at least it cost you no more than a couple minutes of your time.

I couldn't help but notice what you have listed as your mood and I'm at a loss as to what to recommend as an appropriate prophylactic. Maybe the old poker adage would serve best, don't risk anything you can't afford to lose...

join