It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatah, Hamas agree to cede control of Gaza to unity government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Hamas and Fatah said on Thursday that they have reached agreement to allow the Palestinian Authority government to operate in the Gaza Strip.

Representatives of the two rival parties have been holding “reconciliation” talks in Cairo over the past two days in a bid to end their differences.

Hamas and Fatah leaders said that the agreement reached on Thursday calls for the PA government, headed by Rami Hamdallah, to “immediately” assume its responsibilities in the Gaza Strip.

The Jerusalem Post

Have we finally been relieved of the last excuse to defend the Israeli government and can finally start calling their actions what they are? Genocide.
edit on 9/25/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
That would be a HUGE start. Fatah knows how to deal with the Israelis. IF Hamas is willing to do this, I'm thrilled. A positive step.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
What we can do is hope that this unification comes with some sanity from both sides, and Israelis and Palestinians can finally live in peace.
edit on 9252014 by bhliberal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It is a good step. The Israeli government doesn't want peace though, they want Palestine. I wonder how this will play out.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It's a good step but as things stand, Israel are still kidnapping Palestinians and detaining them without charges. And of course Israel was also tried for war crimes today and what is being disclosed is absolutely shocking:

“16 yr old boy stripped naked and used as human shield by Israel for 5 days. He was denied food, water and sleep – and mentally and physically abused, including lashed with a wire across his back. Israeli army stopped a family car near a West Bank protest over Gaza. Positioned their weapons in the windows of back doors, where toddlers were sitting and began to fire on protest. This is not an isolated incident. There is a clear, recorded pattern of Israel using Palestinian children as human shields during attacks on Gaza.”

“We found one of 89 families completely liquidated during Operation Protective Edge so badly burned/destroyed they had to be buried in a mass grave by a bulldozer – evoking memories of the darkest times in European history. On outskirts of Rafah, I heard testimony from 19 yr old Mohammed Abu Said of how Israeli soldiers stripped him naked and sniped at neighbours, then set the dogs on him in between shooting rounds. In Khuza’a – a man left a group of fighters in his home. He returned to find their throats had been cut, their bodies piled in a corner and burnt with grenades. A clear pattern of executions has been established. Israeli soldiers gather civilians in an open area, asks if anyone speaks Hebrew. When people step forward, they shoot them dead. Four brothers of one man were taken into garden and shot dead, one of them was mentally disabled and had little idea he was being killed.”

www.scriptonitedaily.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I think that if this proceeds satisfactorily we will not have to wait long to see what Israel will do. If they truly want peace, and Hamas is willing to agree to certain terms, then I think that Hamas will likely keep their word. I say this because I do not believe they would agree if they intended to keep fighting. In the past they have held diplomatic ceasefires unless some incident occurred which they viewed as Israeli aggression, so they are open to certain compromises. And in the past they have also refused certain measures they did not agree with. To my knowledge they have never purposefully agreed to something while harboring the intent to use it as an advantage, while never having any intentions of holding to the agreement. So I think that what might occur is that Israel could attempt to devise a situation that forces Hamas' hand, and makes them retaliate, at which point Israel can claim that it is the good guy and Hamas is the bad guy.

Not saying that is guaranteed, or even that Hamas is planning on playing nice, but I think the above scenario is at the very least probable. But it all depends on Israeli intentions in my opinion, again because I don't think Hamas would agree to anything if they felt left out in the cold. If they feel they have secured acceptable terms, then and only then will they agree. But they could go back on their word as well, it is just that I am not personally aware of them making a habit of such actions.
edit on 9/25/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Have we finally been relieved of the last excuse to defend the Israeli

No.

Hamas was their "latest" pretext, not their last excuse.
The Zionists are very creative and smart (in a devilish way of course), they'll find other reasons/pretexts to justify genocide, steal more land,... which gullible MSM junkies will believe.

Israel does not want peace with Palestine, they want Palestine.

This is good news for Gaza though. Fatah has more experience with diplomacy than Hamas will ever have.
edit on 25-9-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
It's a good step but as things stand, Israel are still kidnapping Palestinians and detaining them without charges. And of course Israel was also tried for war crimes today and what is being disclosed is absolutely shocking:

“16 yr old boy stripped naked and used as human shield by Israel for 5 days. He was denied food, water and sleep – and mentally and physically abused, including lashed with a wire across his back. Israeli army stopped a family car near a West Bank protest over Gaza. Positioned their weapons in the windows of back doors, where toddlers were sitting and began to fire on protest. This is not an isolated incident. There is a clear, recorded pattern of Israel using Palestinian children as human shields during attacks on Gaza.”

“We found one of 89 families completely liquidated during Operation Protective Edge so badly burned/destroyed they had to be buried in a mass grave by a bulldozer – evoking memories of the darkest times in European history. On outskirts of Rafah, I heard testimony from 19 yr old Mohammed Abu Said of how Israeli soldiers stripped him naked and sniped at neighbours, then set the dogs on him in between shooting rounds. In Khuza’a – a man left a group of fighters in his home. He returned to find their throats had been cut, their bodies piled in a corner and burnt with grenades. A clear pattern of executions has been established. Israeli soldiers gather civilians in an open area, asks if anyone speaks Hebrew. When people step forward, they shoot them dead. Four brothers of one man were taken into garden and shot dead, one of them was mentally disabled and had little idea he was being killed.”

www.scriptonitedaily.com...

Ahh a good daily dose of BS, everyone needs one. The pro Palestinian blogger was good for a lol.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Ahh a good daily dose of BS, everyone needs one. The pro Palestinian blogger was good for a lol

At least add something to the thread mate instead of speaking rubbish about things you have no idea about, I know the media from where your from probably only reports on how Israel was defending herself *cough *cough

edit on -180002014-09-25T20:56:35-05:000000003530201435092014Thu, 25 Sep 2014 20:56:35 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Equally....

If the bombs stop flying at Isreal and because of these actions Isreal backs off Palestine. ... will people retract their statements about Isreal being bent on genocide and king devil in all this?

edit on 9/25/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Genocide ?

Last time I checked there is no shortage of arabs in the ME.

Funny where were all the whiners about Isreal when their last conquerors was the Ottomans ?

Oh wait Turkey the last remnant of the 'empire' is backing Hamas.

As well as other arab allies.

I wonder why is it the only country allowed to exist in the ME are Islamic theocracies.

I guess the Jews and Christians don't rate.

edit on 25-9-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Genocide ?
Last time I checked there is no shortage or arabs in the ME.

Ignorant comment. Wasn't there many genocides in Africa ? Any shortage of Africans ?
Wow ! The logic is mind blowing.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

Why yes!

Everyone should jump on the hate them evil 'zionist' bandwagon.

Funny thing there is.

People have been dying in Africa for decades. Real GENOCIDE.

But there are not endless threads about it.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: samsamm9

Why yes!

Everyone should jump on the hate them evil 'zionist' bandwagon.

Funny thing there is.

People have been dying in Africa for decades. Real GENOCIDE.

But there are not endless threads about it.

You sound defensive and the hate you describe only exists in your head.

Yes, genocide is wrong and regardless of it happening in Africa, what the Israeli government is doing is wrong. "Real genocide"? I thought there was only one kind:

Genocide is the systematic destruction of all or a significant part of a racial, ethnic, religious or national group via the (a) Killing of members of the group; (b) Causing of serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; (c) Deliberate inflicting on the group's conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; (d) Imposing of measures intended to prevent births within the group; or (e) Forcible transferring of children of the group to another group. Genocide entails also the Conspiracy to commit genocide; Direct and public incitement to commit genocide; Attempt to commit genocide; and Complicity in genocide.

en.wikipedia.org...

The boxes get ticked and Israel is included as being guilty of it

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Real nice to see the unbiased invitation for discussion Kali74. Nothing like a good name calling to incite open discussion in which both sides have their part/blame to play.

Just can't believe that this BS, one sided display of Palestinian propoganda, is still being accepted here on ATS. No attempt at an even keeled converssation is even entertained.

After this reply I am putting this thread on ignore. Good bye!

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: palg1
Real nice to see the unbiased invitation for discussion Kali74. Nothing like a good name calling to incite open discussion in which both sides have their part/blame to play.

Just can't believe that this BS, one sided display of Palestinian propoganda, is still being accepted here on ATS. No attempt at an even keeled converssation is even entertained.

After this reply I am putting this thread on ignore. Good bye!

What part exactly are you objecting to? Through all the replies on the thread against Israels actions, I can't really see anyone that's said anything untruthful

new topics

top topics

join