It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany May Legalize Incest

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: jhn7537

Well... Of all the places I would never have thought to do something so utterly foolish, Germany was the least likely to make a change such as this. I hope they do not actually go ahead and change the law to allow incest, since that would be perhaps the stupidest choice ever made.

The possible implications are just horrific, and it will make various crimes harder to prosecute, will make it easier for inter familial sexual predators to argue their innocence despite their guilt.

Yea, it would seem that they are putting a lot of clout into the story of the 2 consenting adult siblings, where one went to jail for 3 years. And are ignoring all the possible ramifications to come from this being passed, like the things so many posters on this thread have already mentioned.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Well... Of all the places I would never have thought to do something so utterly foolish, Germany was the least likely to make a change such as this. I hope they do not actually go ahead and change the law to allow incest, since that would be perhaps the stupidest choice ever made.

The possible implications are just horrific, and it will make various crimes harder to prosecute, will make it easier for inter familial sexual predators to argue their innocence despite their guilt.

None of that made much sense.
Rape is still rape. if someone says no, its no.
If a person doesn't want to prosecute because they were raped by brother or sister and wants to keep it quiet, then law or no law, its going to remain hidden.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Two consenting adults should be able to do whatever the F they want to do....

There is no valid argument against it, and incest laws make no sense. Your morality is not mine and visa versa.

My personal opinions on the topic of incest itself..is irrelevant. eww, but whatever..I feel the same for gay man sex, and some of the more bizarre fetishes..my morality should not determine who can have sex

Well, if they would look to create offspring aren't there possible issues to stem from that... The sociobiology's explanation of incest avoidance is that inbreeding increases the probability that offspring will have 2 copies of deleterious recessive genes, there are always recessives and dominant genes but a deleterious recessive gene means that these results strongly suggest the existence of detrimental traits in haplo-diploid organisms.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Theyll get an influx of immigrants named bubba .. jim bob .. billy bob .. joe bob ...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Yes this is the old argument and it has merit. I've met "inbred" folks and they really need more genes. Not bad, just not right. There's another argument though that siblings should be able to have a relationship if children weren't the outcome. My stomach is still upset thinking about that. Sorry I'm not more open minded.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Theyll get an influx of immigrants named bubba .. jim bob .. billy bob .. joe bob ...

So, basically the cast of Deliverance???

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Yep.. including their banjo's ...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ

Game of Thrones would beg to differ. Either way what people do behind closed doors is none of the governments business. I have to agree with them on that.

Granted incest is messed up. Im not saying I condone it. I just say whatever floats your boat.

Incest often includes or begins as child rape, by older siblings or parents.
edit on 25-9-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
Insest often includes or begins as child rape, by older siblings or parents.

Which would remain illegal.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

There is no valid argument against it, and incest laws make no sense. Your morality is not mine and visa versa.

My personal opinions on the topic of incest itself..is irrelevant. eww, but whatever..I feel the same for gay man sex, and some of the more bizarre fetishes..my morality should not determine who can have sex

You are wrong, this can affect the whole population in the future. Incest leads to children, like my friends brother who died at 20 from severe physical deformity, her Mother had been raped by her grandfather.

Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding

www.independent.co.uk... r-generations-of-inbreeding-8998115.html

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

In a very strange turn of events for me, and having thought rationally, I agree with what you said.
If by sex we mean procreation, then of course there are very valid reasons to be against it, given that genetically speaking inbreeding can cause very negative effects.
However, and her is the big dun dun dun dunnnnnn!!!! If we are talking about sex for pleasure...as ugly as it seems, there really is no reason other than the psychological, to consider it bad.
I will now go and wash...but we must face the ugliness right?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

If a person doesn't want to prosecute because they were raped by brother or sister and wants to keep it quiet, then law or no law, its going to remain hidden.

You are discounting the psychological impact it would have on the one who has been forced into an icestous relationship over long periods of time. Legal means the person has done nothing wrong, it will be harder and harder for any recovery.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface

NO NO NO! Incest also describes uncle-niece, father-daughter, maybe little boys too, so once that taboo and probably criminal acts are decriminalized, then it will be open season on all innocent children. They and we must not allow it.

Incest is not the same thing as abusing a child not even close. How can you even think that is the same thing?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Thank you Saturn! Someone with some damn sense in their head! Refreshing!

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

So you're fine with gay incest between adults?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is what happens when you scream "freedom" and "equality". You will be free to "do what thou wilt". In my opinion, it makes perfect sense for Germany to be the leader in this, since quite a lot of the "models" are created there.

Sodom and Gomorrah here we come!

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

You should actually read the bible before alluding to a story from it in a post.

The holy man of said book and story offered his virgin daughter to be raped in place of a complete male stranger. Such a nice story. Then offered his "concubine" in her place who went on to be brutally raped and murdered.

Sigh.

The story was about the ill treatment of visiting male guests based on biblical morality standards of the time.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

And your point?
The bible showcases a lot of evil.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

In the context of what the story is actually about it makes no sense in relation to what the OP is about.

Which leads me to believe that you think Sodom and Gommorah, as a story...is about the evils of male/male copulation. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise the allusion to the story serves no purpose in context of this topic.

You are right. The bible highlights a lot of evil...usually being done by the "righteous".

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Oh, its always that simple is it? I do apologise, I thought I was living on a world full of complex individuals, where those complexities are only amplified when the law gets involved.

Obviously everything is FAR simpler than I thought.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join