It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law of Attraction: Do we "Create" our own reality or "Attract" it? Are we drawing stuff to us li

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

An unicorn etiquette would be an appropriate discussion for a thread about unicorn etiquette whether or not unicorns actually exist. Just like the nature of spider man or santa claus can be discussed whether or not those characters actually exist.

This is not a discussion about whether or not Law of Attraction exists, so let's stay on topic.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
To be perfectly honest most of my thoughts about "light" involve the optics in my camera which I rely on as a low vision aid.
Camera has nice if outdated 35-420 mm Leica glass but the sensor is woefully limited and there is no "raw" storage capability.
Images are stored using scientific algorithms based on information and chaos theory.

When I saw the term "law of attraction" in your heading I immediately thought about the term as it is used in chaos theory.
Chaos theory is often implemented in predictive sciences such as artificial intelligence, and weather forecasting.

I can't tell whether this type of attractor is off topic anymore than I can tell that Leica glass was designed for unicorns?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: amazing
I'm pretty sure it exists. I also believe in God, but don't have a testable theory to prove that either.

When I do the things that you need to do for the Law of Attraction to work, things seem to happen for me. When I don't, things don't happen as often and sometimes not at all.

What are these things I speak of? Visualization of what I want. Using Vision boards and pictures of what I want. Being grateful for what I have. Mediation and prayer thanking God for what I already have and what's on the way. Affirmations, Daily readings, etc. A few more things like when I wanted a motorcycle, I prepared room in my garage, bought all the gear, got the license and started going to all the motorcycle shops in my area, and more.

It's not all hokus pokus but, plenty of hard work, but when I apply all of those steps to what I want they magically just happen pretty quickly.

I can make two assumptions. 1 that the Law does not exist or 2 that it does. What does assuming 2 do for me? What does assuming 1 do for me? Some times you need to take a leap of faith. What if I'm wrong and there is no such thing? Nothing. I'll continue to live happily, accomplish things that others do not and live my life to the fullest.

Why don't you write down the date and the specific things you want to attract. Include in half of the list unusual things such as a wallabe, an original Picasso, a 50 lb bag of pecans and a pogo stick. Create an enclosure for the Wallabe and buy Wallabe food. Clear a space on your wall for the Picasso and read books about Picasso. Clear a space in your pantry for the 50 lb bag of pecans. Clear a space in your closet for the pogo stick. Six months later check to see how many of the items you have "attracted". Unmeasurable things like happiness don't count.

As for your question about what happens if the Law of Attraction doesn't work, it will mean that you will have to figure out other ways to get the things you need which was what you were doing with the motorcycle. You weren't just sitting on the sofa rubbing motorcycle magazines against yourself and wishing.

I suspect that most of the people who are convinced that the Law of Attraction works have never tested it and conveniently forget about all the things they wanted but never got.

I don't really have time to research the dates and times but they all vary depending on how realistic the goal is, how focused I am on it and how much work I do.

Things that I've gotten...moving to the northwest...matter of months after I set my mind to it. Moving to Vegas. Again a matter of mere months from visualizing it to living here, that includes moving, two jobs, new school, renting old house etc. Motorcycle..that one was a couple of years. New business. less than a year from thought to reality.

So as a test. I'm going to throw out three goals and see if it works. Right here. Double my sales from 50=100 a month. Bigger motorcycle and a Tesla. I'll settle for the newer cheaper one but I have my sites on the most expensive one. Go!

This is a testable theory with dates. Vision board, daily meditation, affirmations, written goal list are the tools.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

i skipped a couple of pages to reply to the OP instead of the we are light god is light argument....

attract or create reality?

the answer (i think) is YES.

the universe has a "resolution" (higher than 1080) this resolution boils down to information addresses, individual zones within an infinite master fractal of potential. each of these address points equals a "NOW"

we, as users, surf the master fractal with the browsing aspect of our minds, pulling our perceptions from node to node as we experience the flow of "time"

there is nothing but NOW, and an almost imperceptible gap as NOW slips into the next NOW.

where did the next NOW come from?

possibilities for the next now are bounded by the present NOW, mostly, even though the fractal itself is infinite.

moving to a totally different node is possible, and this is where weirdness starts to slip in...

i used to call them reality violations, and then i met the multiverse school of quantum and went OH..

these anomalies aren't reality VIOLATIONS... they are reality OPERATIONS.

good luck, great timing, spontaneous right action, coincidence control, manifestation. "Karma"

these are subconscious use of the browsing function to arrive at a more desirable address in the multiverse.

conscious use of the browsing function is also permitted and this is where the "Law of Attraction" stuff comes in to play.

regarding conscious use, be aware of relationship drag, you expect to maintain certain realtionships and this may limit your use of the master fractal as your travel partners might have differing plans.

I know that this world view is a bit outside the norm...

but NOW has to come from somewhere, and we do seem to have some ability to effect the next NOW (or series of NOWS)
i do not believe that i CREATE such NOWS because i am a user in the multiverse system..

but i am partially responsible for the address im browsing now, and so are all of you.

we could have drifted here, we could have steered here on purpose.

if you are drifting through the multiverse, then life might seem a little cold and impersonal, try to steer a little.

if you get used to steering a little, think about trying a jump (just a little one, at first)
edit on 27-9-2014 by uwascallywabbit because: spelling

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: uwascallywabbit

your average newbie to this topic wants money. and a display of power through the spontaneous creation of wealth. when that fails, they lose interest and call BS on the whole topic.

manifestation and coincidence control are closely related but not really the same ultimately. it depends on your target.

coincidence control can help you find what you need in a social setting. you and betty each decide to get a bagel for no reason at the same time, bump into each other and fall in love (AHHH)

manifestation in a purer sense is between you and the universe itself. one night while camping i tested this in a conversation about shooting stars. we all looked up and i clapped my hands and said "WELL? HOW 'BOUT IT?" and we got a shooting star.

now it still just coincidence control... but it did not involve another person (expect as witnesses)

more typical coincidence control would involve betty and the bagel.

but law of attraction / manifestation is easy to decry from the outside as "mere coincidence"

DONT LET THIS THROW YOU

coincidence control is a valid method of universe operation.

practice makes perfecter.

oh and my favorite way to phrase this (i wanna put it on T-Shirts!)

LUCK IS A MUSCLE!!

if you are brand new at this dont be surprised if your muscles arent that effective. practice, training, ooooohh! illustrative story.

Josh does martial arts, many styles, and was involed in a manifestation conversation with myself and a couple of engineers at a bar.

they (the engineers) told me that this was all BS. i pointed out that Josh could knock any of us out cold with 1 blow if he so chose. they asked how that pertained to the argument.. i pointed out that i could STRIKE any of them, i could really haul off and give it all i got and maybe even bruise them (not that i would). but that without the training time and practice that JOSH had put in, my moves would be LESS EFFECTIVE. but that dont mean a 1 punch KO is impossible, that just means i aint got what it takes to do it at the time...

they said OHH, ok, so luck is a muscle i get it.

be aware that each of our votes count so if you are aiming a lottery ticket, get in line.

its better to practice with nature at first, if you involve other people AT ALL in your attempts to steer reality, then add a PS to your upload script to the effect of "this or better for the good of all"

that will cover your butt and the rest of ours as well.

happy travels

edit on 27-9-2014 by uwascallywabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: uwascallywabbit

one more thing.

since coincidence control is social, include goodies for the other people you need in your manifestation request / event.

thats the "this or better" idea from above but more specific. If you need a favor from joe, then you need joes cooperation. coincidence control will not benefit from joes contribution if the plan proposed does not benefit joe.

in other words, asking other people to enrich you at their expense in anyway will fail.

and the flipside is that concidence control can pay off debts (emotional debts) in realtime as you watch

this is what Lennon was on about with his Instant Karma

dang i love this topic.

did i kill your thread OP? or are there any other multiverse users out there trying to make sense of the process?

i do try to use phrasings that are as free from prior associations as possible in the attempt to keep the argument clean.

but the flexible nature of reality has been noticed before by culture in the past. still if we use the old ideas or language as a front door to the topic its a harder sell..

"i dont believe in the world of illusion called MAYA, thats just old BS"
"Solipsism is a dead philosophy, dont you think wed be using it if it worked?"
"magic and religion are equally lacking in scientific grounding"

yet magic and religion in their many forms seem to allow universe operation to the users accustomed to that form of browsing. differing schools of magic and religion each report "miracles" (reality operations)

this is NOT because one school of religion or magic is truer than another.

rather it is because reality itself is operable, and seems to support differing themes among its myriad users.

edit on 27-9-2014 by uwascallywabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure it exists. I also believe in God, but don't have a testable theory to prove that either.

When I do the things that you need to do for the Law of Attraction to work, things seem to happen for me. When I don't, things don't happen as often and sometimes not at all.

What are these things I speak of? Visualization of what I want. Using Vision boards and pictures of what I want. Being grateful for what I have. Mediation and prayer thanking God for what I already have and what's on the way. Affirmations, Daily readings, etc. A few more things like when I wanted a motorcycle, I prepared room in my garage, bought all the gear, got the license and started going to all the motorcycle shops in my area, and more.

It's not all hokus pokus but, plenty of hard work, but when I apply all of those steps to what I want they magically just happen pretty quickly.

I can make two assumptions. 1 that the Law does not exist or 2 that it does. What does assuming 2 do for me? What does assuming 1 do for me? Some times you need to take a leap of faith. What if I'm wrong and there is no such thing? Nothing. I'll continue to live happily, accomplish things that others do not and live my life to the fullest.

Why don't you write down the date and the specific things you want to attract. Include in half of the list unusual things such as a wallabe, an original Picasso, a 50 lb bag of pecans and a pogo stick. Create an enclosure for the Wallabe and buy Wallabe food. Clear a space on your wall for the Picasso and read books about Picasso. Clear a space in your pantry for the 50 lb bag of pecans. Clear a space in your closet for the pogo stick. Six months later check to see how many of the items you have "attracted". Unmeasurable things like happiness don't count.

As for your question about what happens if the Law of Attraction doesn't work, it will mean that you will have to figure out other ways to get the things you need which was what you were doing with the motorcycle. You weren't just sitting on the sofa rubbing motorcycle magazines against yourself and wishing.

I suspect that most of the people who are convinced that the Law of Attraction works have never tested it and conveniently forget about all the things they wanted but never got.

I don't really have time to research the dates and times but they all vary depending on how realistic the goal is, how focused I am on it and how much work I do.

Things that I've gotten...moving to the northwest...matter of months after I set my mind to it. Moving to Vegas. Again a matter of mere months from visualizing it to living here, that includes moving, two jobs, new school, renting old house etc. Motorcycle..that one was a couple of years. New business. less than a year from thought to reality.

So as a test. I'm going to throw out three goals and see if it works. Right here. Double my sales from 50=100 a month. Bigger motorcycle and a Tesla. I'll settle for the newer cheaper one but I have my sites on the most expensive one. Go!

This is a testable theory with dates. Vision board, daily meditation, affirmations, written goal list are the tools.

You haven't given yourself a deadline. I understand that you will do nothing to attract these things other than that which you have stated: vision board, daily meditation, affirmations, and written goal list.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

What you're doing is working to achieve goals. I strongly suspect that the same percentage of success would result whether or not you meditated, prayed, or visualized. You're simply adding superstition to the mix much like someone who always wears a purple hat while planting, weeding, and watering his garden and then attributes the fact that the garden grows to the purple hat. It's not the hat, it's the planting, weeding, and watering.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: Tangerine

An unicorn etiquette would be an appropriate discussion for a thread about unicorn etiquette whether or not unicorns actually exist. Just like the nature of spider man or santa claus can be discussed whether or not those characters actually exist.

This is not a discussion about whether or not Law of Attraction exists, so let's stay on topic.

The thread title is "Law of Attraction: Do we "Create" our own reality or "Attract" it? Are we drawing stuff to us li...."

I'm asking whether this "Law of Attraction" is a notion created out of whole cloth--and that is right on topic. The Law of Attraction is clearly part of YOUR reality which, I would argue, you created. The fact that I don't necessarily buy your "reality" does not mean I am off topic. I have proposed experiments to test your "reality" in this regard. Who knows, it may turn out that you're right.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

You haven't given yourself a deadline. I understand that you will do nothing to attract these things other than that which you have stated: vision board, daily meditation, affirmations, and written goal list.

I'm sure if putting a date is the right thing to do. I've never been big on dates. Same thing would apply if there was no law of attraction and I was just goal setting and planning to achieve them. Sometimes we fall short of specific dates. The point is that if I said double my sales in 4 months and it took me 6 would that negate the theory of the law of attraction or would it validate it?

So my steps are pictures of my goals-something visual. A vision board. Daily meditations and written affirmations. I will prepare to receive, because I need to believe that goal is achievable. So I'm going to ramp up my supplies for my business so that I can handle the extra sales. I'm going to clear garage space to park my New Tesla. I'm also going to start reading more sales and marketing books, go to dealerships and show rooms and sit in my friends tesla. I'm going to watch videos and I'm going to plan my additional staff to handle my new sales. That's a lot of work! LOL I'll put the tesla at 1 year, bigger bike at 6 months and double sales in 4 months.

Back on topic, so I'm creating the way that I'm going to be attracting my new future.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join