It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law of Attraction: Do we "Create" our own reality or "Attract" it? Are we drawing stuff to us li

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: Tangerine

God = Light = Shining = Appearing/Revealing

Taking it a step further, did we/do we create God?

Does it matter if the divine was before humans or humans created the divine thru our need for ideal oneness(love) and symbiosis. Either way the light/chi/energy flow and feeling of love from the divine exists.

Maybe even the divine is evolving as we are evolving from one state to another.

Namaste (I bow to the divine in you)
edit on 25-9-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Good question. Assuming that we are "creating" our own reality instead of "attracting" it, in order to "create" God, we would first have to use The Light in order to create the idea of God, which would mean that God already exists and we would only be creating different interpretations of God. So God (The Creator - The Light) would be allowing us , to use The Light (God's own energy/self) in order to create false images/ideas/thought-forms about God.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Good question. Assuming that we are "creating" our own reality instead of "attracting" it, in order to "create" God, we would first have to use The Light in order to create the idea of God, which would mean that God already exists and we would only be creating different interpretations of God. So God (The Creator - The Light) would be allowing us , to use The Light (God's own energy/self) in order to create false images/ideas/thought-forms about God.

But you're starting with the assumption that The Light pre-existed us or, for that matter, exists at all. You're also assuming that our ideas are "allowed" and not inherent . False images? Who says they're false? On what do you base these assumptions?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

But you're starting with the assumption that The Light pre-existed us or, for that matter, exists at all. You're also assuming that our ideas are "allowed" and not inherent . False images? Who says they're false? On what do you base these assumptions?

In order to even have a discussion about how The Law of Attraction works - we need to assume that The Creative Force (Light) exists. If not, why bother discussing how Law of Attraction works?

If The Creative Force (Light/God) is allowing us to use itself in order to create false images about "it", then that shows that its allowing us to do so.

If we are "creating" a god, then that is not the true God (The Light/ The Creative Force) that created humanity since it had to be pre-existent to humanity in order to create it.

edit on 25-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I rather like the picture painted by Richard Bach in Illusions. He said that we are all actors in a movie and we (the larger us) can play whatever part we like in this movie as can anyone else. We get to act with our universal friends, all actors in the same movie but different parts each movie(lifetime). Your mother this time might be your friend next time.

Another way I like to see it all is that we are like a 3D holographic projector which projects our reality onto a space in front of us. We (the larger we) can project anything we want to onto our holographic space and the trick to life is learning how to communicate effectively with the larger us so that we can create the 3D holographic life we desire.

It seems to me that trust in the Universe is a big thing and trusting that we will receive what we need when we need it, is a big part of our learning experience. However, the Universe has its own timing and we often want things before the universe has organised it for us. That is when things go wrong because our timing is out. Timing is everything.

Energy is never wasted and our thoughts are energy and our creations stay around us in our energy fields. Rather like an apprentice magician, we create things with our thoughts (thoughts are living energy) which are less than perfect because we have not learned how to be a proper magician yet. These bodges or mistakes are still there and still happen for us - just not as perfectly as if we had been a better magician. We all have the potential to be a wonderful magician, but we just need to learn how to be that potential. Thts what life is about - learning the skills needed to create perfection.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

In order to even have a discussion about how The Law of Attraction works - we need to assume that The Creative Force (Light) exists. If not, why bother discussing how Law of Attraction works?

If The Creative Force (Light/God) is allowing us to use itself in order to create false images about "it", then that shows that its allowing us to do so.

If we are "creating" a god, then that is not the true God (The Light/ The Creative Force) that created humanity since it had to be pre-existent to humanity in order to create it.

Why, indeed, assume that the Law of Attraction exists? Perhaps we should start by not making any assumptions and work from there. Or, if you really want to discuss the Law of Attraction, we could start from the assumption that another force (not The Light) is pulling the strings behind the curtain.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Why, indeed, assume that the Law of Attraction exists? Perhaps we should start by not making any assumptions and work from there.

That would be another topic. This topic is about "how" Law of Attraction works, for those who already use it in their life.

Or, if you really want to discuss the Law of Attraction, we could start from the assumption that another force (not The Light) is pulling the strings behind the curtain.

If you want to propose an entire different view of how Law of Attraction works, go ahead. This thread is about how Law of Attraction works.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aphorism
Turn off the lights and I do not see you. I suppose, then, we are not light.

One of the dumbest things anyone has ever said.

You're eyes can only see visible light... and not even all intensities of it.

We cannot create reality; we can only manipulate it.

Manipulating reality and creating reality are pretty much the same thing. You are arguing semantics.

You obviously lack the ability to understand the context of the word 'reality' in this case, and are using the literal meaning of it.

You cannot create nor attract a rock. You can only manipulate it.

I can both create and attract a rock. So you have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
A reality associated with more objectivity Tangerine. Meaning those more LIGHT in conscious are receptive to accepting that there is more to this current perceived reality and so seek more validation of it. By seeking validation they are becoming more AWARE that for example HUMANS are not ALONE... This type of open mindedness is providing access to more objective reality TRUTH in relation to humans coexisting with Other CREATOR Creations at his very moment. And so out of the Darkness of consciousness of once accepting for example humans are alone. Darkness of conscious being a generated GIVEN related to the WILL to SEEK more objective TRUTH of the perceivable reality of some. This Tangerine is not based at all on me deciding what reality is, but others as well as 1 accepting there is more to it...

There is no remarkable power achieved its AWARENESS LEVEL upgrading. Its basically taking time to research (on your own) as much data as you can that may be able to allow you more open-mindedness/receptiveness on certain subjects such as meditation -astral travel/OOBE -The Ethereal-Chakra ENERGY points with Kundalini & Pineal activation. and as you research you begin to find the answers WITHIN Tangerine, where they have always been... So 1 is not totally objective that anything was acquired accept for me recognizing I needed to WAKE up more and seek more TRUTH about this current reality.
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

a reply to: arpgme
arpgme, the question made sense I think I responded to your OP in relation to LIGHT or DARK in conscious more so then Environment suit or body form. However the response in my primary post as well as the post above still is associated with your OP question. For to 1 subjectively YES when our conscious minds are less aware of objective reality or in the DARK, 1 feels the who GUIDES us or the CREATOR-GOD-LORD-SOURCE SHINES upon our dark paths@ times LIGHTING the WAY for our minds to perceive evaluate and understand more objective reality. Which in turn BRIGHTENS US... And the Brighter our LIGHTS the more we can shine what we have became Receptive to & AWARE of to others giving them the ability to shine BRIGHTER assisting them on their potential paths of Dark conscious... In turn yes making us LIGHT in conscious (and once made more aware of our potentials both physically and metaphysically) we can then upgrade and adjust our LIGHT or ASTRAL Ethereal bodies.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
In short to 1 subjectively, reality is generated or pre-Created by the CREATOR, but its not all revealed immediately (and so dark in conscious at times to our objective awareness of it) requiring us as CREATOR Creations to SEEK TRUTH of it.
It is up to us as experiencers/inhabitants to gain more perception of it through learning and research establishing a LIGHT of consciousness Knowledge based...

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Spoon boy: There is no spoon.

Neo: There is no spoon?

Spoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

In a very certain sense yes.
The world mirrors what we think.

If we think we can't do a thing. Then the world arranges itself to fulfill our mental reality.

If we think we can do anything. Then the world arranges itself to fullfill that reality.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Why, indeed, assume that the Law of Attraction exists? Perhaps we should start by not making any assumptions and work from there.

That would be another topic. This topic is about "how" Law of Attraction works, for those who already use it in their life.

Or, if you really want to discuss the Law of Attraction, we could start from the assumption that another force (not The Light) is pulling the strings behind the curtain.

If you want to propose an entire different view of how Law of Attraction works, go ahead. This thread is about how Law of Attraction works.

If the topic is the Law of Attraction, it's appropriate to challenge the assumption that it actually exists. That's what I'm doing. May I remind you that everything that proceeds from a false assumption is also false. If you're convinced that it exists, perhaps you could share the testable evidence that proves your claim. When the testable evidence has been presented, it would then be appropriate to move on to discussing how it works and I would be happy to do so.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
A reality associated with more objectivity Tangerine. Meaning those more LIGHT in conscious are receptive to accepting that there is more to this current perceived reality and so seek more validation of it. By seeking validation they are becoming more AWARE that for example HUMANS are not ALONE... This type of open mindedness is providing access to more objective reality TRUTH in relation to humans coexisting with Other CREATOR Creations at his very moment. And so out of the Darkness of consciousness of once accepting for example humans are alone. Darkness of conscious being a generated GIVEN related to the WILL to SEEK more objective TRUTH of the perceivable reality of some. This Tangerine is not based at all on me deciding what reality is, but others as well as 1 accepting there is more to it...

A reality associated with more objectivity Tangerine?? What reality? What objectivity? All I see is speculation. I have no problem believing that there is more than we can perceive. But words like truth, aware, and creator are pretty meaningless and reality is always a slippery word. Capitalizing them does not make them more meaningful. Truth is a belief. As you're presenting it, aware means that someone agrees with your beliefs. Creator? What creator?

It's one thing to present your personal belief system. It's quite another to attempt to pass it off as fact. Could you clarify which you're doing?

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure it exists. I also believe in God, but don't have a testable theory to prove that either.

When I do the things that you need to do for the Law of Attraction to work, things seem to happen for me. When I don't, things don't happen as often and sometimes not at all.

What are these things I speak of? Visualization of what I want. Using Vision boards and pictures of what I want. Being grateful for what I have. Mediation and prayer thanking God for what I already have and what's on the way. Affirmations, Daily readings, etc. A few more things like when I wanted a motorcycle, I prepared room in my garage, bought all the gear, got the license and started going to all the motorcycle shops in my area, and more.

It's not all hokus pokus but, plenty of hard work, but when I apply all of those steps to what I want they magically just happen pretty quickly.

I can make two assumptions. 1 that the Law does not exist or 2 that it does. What does assuming 2 do for me? What does assuming 1 do for me? Some times you need to take a leap of faith. What if I'm wrong and there is no such thing? Nothing. I'll continue to live happily, accomplish things that others do not and live my life to the fullest.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

If we think we can't do a thing. Then the world arranges itself to fulfill our mental reality.

If we think we can do anything. Then the world arranges itself to fullfill that reality.

I used the techniques of the law of Attraction to attract an exotic, stunningly beautiful, woman into my life. It worked and turned my life into a living hell!!

Careful what you wish for....you might just get it!!

edit on 26-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
My philosophy is... Let it come naturally.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I'm pretty sure it exists. I also believe in God, but don't have a testable theory to prove that either.

When I do the things that you need to do for the Law of Attraction to work, things seem to happen for me. When I don't, things don't happen as often and sometimes not at all.

What are these things I speak of? Visualization of what I want. Using Vision boards and pictures of what I want. Being grateful for what I have. Mediation and prayer thanking God for what I already have and what's on the way. Affirmations, Daily readings, etc. A few more things like when I wanted a motorcycle, I prepared room in my garage, bought all the gear, got the license and started going to all the motorcycle shops in my area, and more.

It's not all hokus pokus but, plenty of hard work, but when I apply all of those steps to what I want they magically just happen pretty quickly.

I can make two assumptions. 1 that the Law does not exist or 2 that it does. What does assuming 2 do for me? What does assuming 1 do for me? Some times you need to take a leap of faith. What if I'm wrong and there is no such thing? Nothing. I'll continue to live happily, accomplish things that others do not and live my life to the fullest.

Why don't you write down the date and the specific things you want to attract. Include in half of the list unusual things such as a wallabe, an original Picasso, a 50 lb bag of pecans and a pogo stick. Create an enclosure for the Wallabe and buy Wallabe food. Clear a space on your wall for the Picasso and read books about Picasso. Clear a space in your pantry for the 50 lb bag of pecans. Clear a space in your closet for the pogo stick. Six months later check to see how many of the items you have "attracted". Unmeasurable things like happiness don't count.

As for your question about what happens if the Law of Attraction doesn't work, it will mean that you will have to figure out other ways to get the things you need which was what you were doing with the motorcycle. You weren't just sitting on the sofa rubbing motorcycle magazines against yourself and wishing.

I suspect that most of the people who are convinced that the Law of Attraction works have never tested it and conveniently forget about all the things they wanted but never got.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

If the topic is the Law of Attraction, it's appropriate to challenge the assumption that it actually exists. That's what I'm doing.

If someone makes a thread saying "How does the Trinity work?" and then someone showed up saying "Jesus doesn't exist", obviously that is off topic, because the topic is not about his existence but only about the understanding of how the trinity works. Just like this topic about "How" Law of Attraction works is not a discussion on whether or not it actually exist but only on the understanding of how it works.
edit on 27-9-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
You are God and you see/know the light.
'In the beginning there was nothing and God (who is nothing) said let there be light - then there was light and God saw the light was good'.
You are nothing seeing light.

Right here and right now there is light - can you see it? It appears as colour and sound and all sensation.
Now look to see if you can find 'That' which is seeing the light (the constantly changing moving light show - Maya).

Can you see what is seeing? God the ever present knowing aspect will never be seen because 'That' is what is seeing!!

If you look to 'That' which is seeing in this moment you may experience something astounding.

edit on 27-9-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

If the topic is the Law of Attraction, it's appropriate to challenge the assumption that it actually exists. That's what I'm doing.

If someone makes a thread saying "How does the Trinity work?" and then someone showed up saying "Jesus doesn't exist", obviously that is off topic, because the topic is not about his existence but only about the understanding of how the trinity works. Just like this topic about "How" Law of Attraction works is not a discussion on whether or not it actually exist but only on the understanding of how it works.

If the Trinity doesn't exist, it doesn't work. I'd think that would be obvious--and pertinent. The same applies to questioning how the Law of Attraction works. Perhaps you should re-title your thread "If the Law of Attraction exists, how do you suppose it works?" That would neatly get around having to deal with the possibility that it doesn't exist. Or, you could keep the current title and plunge ahead and present your testable evidence proving that it does exist after which you could discuss how it works. These options seem quite reasonable to me. It may exist. I really don't know but it seems that logic dictates that you first prove that it exists before discussing how it works. Otherwise, it's like discussing unicorn etiquette.

edit on 27-9-2014 by Tangerine because: addition to post

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join