It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Law of Attraction: Do we "Create" our own reality or "Attract" it? Are we drawing stuff to us li

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Are we "creating" our own reality, being light and creating through our light while darkness is just the space we create on? Or are we "attracting" our own reality, being empty space (darkness) and drawing all things (light) to us?

I am interested in how you view it.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme
That's a yes.
We are like light bulbs, attracting insects to it. Some of them with good intentions and others with not so good intentions.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

It seems we are provided with the WILLS and opportunity to pick either option arpgme. Some LIGHT in conscious are pulling reality existent closer to their Awareness level of perception. Others darker in conscious are comfortable with reality being generated for them within darkness for they are in fear of SEEing TRUTH that may not fit into their established parameters of existence and so accept the darkness as a way to avoid acknowledgment of TRUTH...
NAMASTE*******

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Some people think they are the light. I'm not there yet, I don't think. If that is some higher aspect of myself, then I've not become conscious as it yet. I'd say I am a funnel for the light to come downward into this world, but that while in this world, we call forth the things that our inherent nature produces. Being a hard worker will attract to us the kind of people that value hard workers, so in that sense, the object of your production does impose a certain magnetic force into this world, but I think trying to interpret these allegories literally or to make reality fit the map is a bad idea.

A summarized understanding is only useful if it motivates you to change your behavior to improve upon yourself. If you never use your map to go anywhere, why does it matter how accurate it is?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

It seems we are provided with the WILLS and opportunity to pick either option arpgme. Some LIGHT in conscious are pulling reality existent closer to their Awareness level of perception. Others darker in conscious are comfortable with reality being generated for them within darkness for they are in fear of SEEing TRUTH that may not fit into their established parameters of existence and so accept the darkness as a way to avoid acknowledgment of TRUTH...
NAMASTE*******

What is reality? Who or what generates this darkness? What TRUTH? It seems to me that you have decided what is reality and what is truth. How did you achieve this remarkable power? How can you be positive that you have acquired it?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Turn off the lights and I do not see you. I suppose, then, we are not light. We cannot create reality; we can only manipulate it. You cannot create nor attract a rock. You can only manipulate it. The law of non-attraction.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Sorry if the question was confusing. What I meant to ask is this:

Are we darkness and we receive Light from Infinite Light (God)?

Or are we already Light and we just have to shine it to others?

What is your view on this?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Sorry if the question was confusing. What I meant to ask is this:

Are we darkness and we receive Light from Infinite Light (God)?

Or are we already Light and we just have to shine it to others?

What is your view on this?

Then change the thread.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

originally posted by: Tangerine

Then change the thread.

It already says what I am asking:

Law of Attraction: Do we "Create" our own reality or "Attract" it?

Create - meaning make, build
Attract - meaning bring, pull to oneself

Maybe the details of when I said "light" and "dark" created some confusion. By darkness and light, I did not mean good or evil. I meant darkness as in "space/emptiness" and light as in "appearance/form".

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
That's a really good question! I never though of it that way.

I feel Iike I can create my own reality by using the law of attraction and bringing the pieces or situations or experiences into my life that I am attracting with my thoughts, words and actions. I create with Attraction.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
my theory is that the law of attraction is a low grade self-hypnosis technique. the more you think it, the more you believe it, the more your conscious and unconscious processes become geared toward making it happen. every decision in your daily life would be made having factored it in somewhere. some people call it attraction, i call it subliminal preparation. so yeah, i would say to an extent, we create our reality. whats that saying...10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we react to it.
edit on 25-9-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Then change the thread.

It already says what I am asking:

Law of Attraction: Do we "Create" our own reality or "Attract" it?

Create - meaning make, build
Attract - meaning bring, pull to oneself

Maybe the details of when I said "light" and "dark" created some confusion. By darkness and light, I did not mean good or evil. I meant darkness as in "space/emptiness" and light as in "appearance/form".

Uh..this isn't in line with your previous mention of God as Infinite Light. Could you explain how you're equating God (and which one, by the way?) with Infinite Light and "appearance/form" and "space/emptiness"?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

God = Light = Shining = Appearing/Revealing

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

We create and we attract. We give and we receive. We affect by Will, and we are affected by Will. We are Light within Light, Darkness within Darkness, Light within Darkness, and Darkness within Light.

What do you think arpgme?

Peace. Love. One.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
"Metaphysics" or whatever else aside, there are -parts- to the concept that should perhaps be looked into. In general I think two "ills" about it are, people looking at it as a yes/no thing and people wanting it to be some mysterious, higher thing, hoping that they'll never be able to understand it.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I found this really interesting website one day by mistake...
I have practiced the "law of attraction" with intention ever since a friend of mine told me about "The Secret". Although, I have attracted things I really wanted long before learning about the law of attraction (my job, for example)

_javascript:hyperlink(www.deeptrancenow.com...)

I like this illustration and use it as motivation to elevate my consciousness to a higher level... The site explains that "attraction" occurs in the Psychic Realm.

Definitely a good read...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

We do both.

The 'furniture' to be 'attracted' already exists - care of ourselves, or others...

A99

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism

Thanks for the synchronicity. I'm listening to a lecture, right now, that tells me, our brain is not a rock, but a river. Centered around how we create our own reality.

The more the illusion fights, the more apparent it becomes.

edit on 25-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

God = Light = Shining = Appearing/Revealing

Taking it a step further, did we/do we create God?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
my theory is that the law of attraction is a low grade self-hypnosis technique. the more you think it, the more you believe it, the more your conscious and unconscious processes become geared toward making it happen. every decision in your daily life would be made having factored it in somewhere. some people call it attraction, i call it subliminal preparation. so yeah, i would say to an extent, we create our reality. whats that saying...10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we react to it.

You change yourself to attract what you want is part of it yes. But sometimes you manipulate synchronicity so that you bend others to give you what you asked for.

Example asking in your mind why a person behaves in a certain way -> During the day overhearing exactly the information you asked from the person themselves talking to another person.

My mom when I was younger had the ability to think me home when she wanted me home without me knowing what she was doing. I had my own reasons for coming home.

Telepathy is part of the equation even if it is mostly unconscious.

I am sure that a master of attraction would be able to use synchronicity to attract the people he/she needs to create what they want to create. Need can also be a very strong force in attracting someone.

I once had a person who came an delivered a message to me without me knowing the person and I will think of that person in a happy way because he gave me exactly what I needed.
edit on 25-9-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join