It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning photos taken of secret lava cave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

A nature photographer has captured spectacular images of a lava cave network that was formed 8,000 years ago and stretches 2.4 miles beneath the state of Washington in some secret location only known to cave explorers.

This isn’t your average cave. It has no stalactites or stalagmites. No flowstones, no soda straws, no helictites. Instead, the lava cave features tubes that used to flow with lava but are now hollow openings of rock formations with a kaleidoscope of colors

A very cool find, I would love to explore the lava caves.

www.grindtv.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

The pics at the site remind me of the caves in the Star Trek original series episode 'The Devil in the Dark' featuring the Horta.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Wow that is awesome, I can only imagine Lava flowing through them

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Ha, ha!
I haven't thought about that episode for years!
Thanks for the flashback!!!

WOQ

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Beautiful thanks for sharing the link, I particularly liked the 5th one, a natural triangular tunnel!

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
The government will be firmly but politely asking the cavers to disclose the location and have them sign secrecy documents so that the military can set up shop there.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
All it needed was for someone to shine a light on it's beauty.

Definitely wish I had a hatch in my basement floor that led there...

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Interesting share, makes me think how far it can be safely explored in its depths
When considering inner EA*RTH all that's required to have large cavernous regions is ancient massive magma deposits being emptied leaving behind fertile mineral based regions. The larger the ancient deposit the larger cavern spaces. Amazing pictures.
edit on 9/25/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
There's air down there too! I would never go 2 miles or more underground, not even 100 feet.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I love the multicolored rocks in a few of the photos.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
those are some seriously awesome pics.

How cool is that, that milti thousand degrees of hot rock flowed through there and then didnt actually solidify leaving the cave open, very very very cool. (not cool in the cold sense though lol)

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Go to the Big Island in Hawaii. It's riddled with lava tubes, many of which have walking tours. Some of them are massive.

top topics

join