It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Oliver on Miss America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I like John Oliver's style, he takes all the BS and breaks it down just as it really is,
just watched this, and have to agree, how the hell in this day and age are these 'shows' still relevant?
And what's with the politics/war on terrorism questions some of the pageants are asked? LOL

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: athousandlives
just watched this, and have to agree, how the hell in this day and age are these 'shows' still relevant?

People still enter pageants and people must like watching them (if the money dries up it will all go away).

I could care less about pageants and things like this, just ignore it and move on...

EDIT: I think they give parents who want to live vicariously through their kids an outlet.

EDIT: Thanks for sharing.

edit on 25-9-2014 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: athousandlives
I like John Oliver's style, he takes all the BS and breaks it down just as it really is,
And what's with the politics/war on terrorism questions some of the pageants are asked? LOL

Hilarious, thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

Amazing those numbers and that they allowed to keep claiming by the use of one misleading word the 40 million dollars in scholarships. Anyone can claim anything now and can be as misleading as they wish all political, corporate and such claims are not held in any way to be honest. If a politician makes a promise we no longer even expect it to be kept, commercials tell complete lies about products.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Nobody is forced to watch or participate in pageants.

Thankfully the same is true of Oliver's dull, predictable show.

It is not my thing but I am not bothered by people enjoying it. Why do progressives insist on telling others what they can or cannot enjoy?

top topics

join