It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Potter gets a Christian makeover from woman who doesn’t want her kids to ‘become witches�

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I can't stand those religious nuts that freak out over anything in a book ...when usually their own books are crazier than anything I ever came across in Harry Potter.

A friend of mine wouldn't let her kids read them because she felt they were satanic. When i started quoting things in the bible she told me it didn't say that. So I opened the bible to show her were it said that. We aren't friends any more lol.

Religion is for the weak.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: karmicecstasy

You should introduce her to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games books. Much better stuff. Twilight is overly misogynist (not to mention has HEAVY Christian imagery).

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sirrurg

OT: This is quite hilarious, I'm looking forward to her version of Twilight!

That WOULD be hilarious since those books were written by a Mormon and are an allegory to premarital relations (ex: she doesn't get bitten until AFTER they are married).

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Or King's Eyes of the Dragon. He wrote it 30 years ago for his then teenaged kids. Then you can easily step into the Dark Tower series. As long as your god allows you to.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You should introduce her to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games books. Much better stuff. Twilight is overly misogynist (not to mention has HEAVY Christian imagery).

She has branched out after reading Twilight. She was always a fan of the Harry Potter movies, she just was not a reader. It was that tweeny romance angle of Twilight that got her into reading. Now she is a voracious reader.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
Dark tower series is my allttime favorite series. Except for the ending lmao

edit on Thu, 25 Sep 2014 15:25:33 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Dark tower series is my allttime favorite series. Except for the ending lmao

I disagree. It ended the only way it could. With the difference being that Roland had the horn this time around. A different outcome then? I LOVED the ending. Made perfect sense to me.

ETA: “The man in Black fled across the Desert, and the Gunslinger followed.”

edit on 25-9-2014 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It was hilarious to read, but if this is true then the lady is fighting a battle she can't win.

Unless she has them locked up in a room 24/7 without media , I don't see how she can prevent them from ever reading / learning about the real Harry Potter.

This lady would have to also restrict their going to school, school library, internet (anywhere, friend's house, neighbor's house, public cafe, etc.) , television

I read the first book in my early 20s I think, I wanted to know what all the hype was about, and loved it!
My favorite book was the fifth one.
It does get gloomier from book 4, which I think also gave it some more depth.

Anyway, this mother can't hide the real Potter from her kids forever.

Compared to her, Professor Sybil Trelawney seems sane!

edit on 25/9/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Or King's Eyes of the Dragon. He wrote it 30 years ago for his then teenaged kids. Then you can easily step into the Dark Tower series. As long as your god allows you to.

My god allows me to. At least he has not struck me down with lightning yet. I have read the first half of the Dark Tower series. The second half is on my reading list. I do not know when I will get to it. Probably not until early next year. I have 46 books in calibre right now that i still need to read. I have trouble falling asleep. So I usually read for 3-4 hours every night after my better half falls asleep. I average about one book every 2-3 days. Sometimes it take me less time, sometimes more. Depending on the length of the book.
edit on 25-9-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue
She makes Professor Sybil Trelawney seem sane!

Sybil may not have been sane, that's up for discussion, but she was harmless. This mother on the other hand is very dangerous to her kids. This isn't 1954.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Well that's good. I started out my music addiction listening to crappy pop punk bands (like good charlotte or linkin park when they first came out) of the early 2000's. Now my taste in music is highly varied and more mature. Any step through the door into the world of art is good enough as long as it wets their whistle.

edit on 25-9-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

edit on 25/9/2014 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Like I said, Sybil is harmless. She had just enough of the "touch" to show her things once in a while. The rest of the time she was.....?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Kryties

Like I said, Sybil is harmless. She had just enough of the "touch" to show her things once in a while. The rest of the time she was.....?

....stark raving bonkers lol.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Sybil may not have been sane, that's up for discussion, but she was harmless. This mother on the other hand is very dangerous to her kids. This isn't 1954.

Yes, I agree.

If this is true , then I'd especially feel sorry for her daughters.... but hey as long as they are pretty,don't dare think about having a career, and know their place, they've got nothing to worry about.

Also, Hermione wearing a pink skirt?
Has this woman no shame?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Oh wow, learn something new every day.

Anyway, I can think of a some more books that need some christianizing:

Pippi Longstocking: An unbeliving brat gets converted into a devout christian girl and goes berserk on some atheist evil-doers with her god given powers. This template should work nicely on all the super-hero comics as well.

Ronia the Robber's Daughter: Ronia is a young christian girl that helps the monks around abbot Mattis get rid of Borkas devil worshippers.

Robin Hood: Robin is the leader of a gang of criminals until he tries to rob the nun Marian. Marian converts him and his gang into devout christians who then either work on fields or take part in the crusades to murder lots of muslims and jews (and few thousand christians who happen to get in the way and probably were sinners anyway). The second version is probably more exciting.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong, I love Sybil! I would have enjoyed her as a teacher, even if she was a few fries short of a happy meal.....

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Also, Hermione wearing a pink skirt?

I REALLY could have done without that character. It was needed though with the teenage angst thingie. She annoyed me.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sirrurg

Robin Hood: Robin is the leader of a gang of criminals until he tries to rob the nun Marian. Marian converts him and his gang into devout christians who then either work on fields or take part in the crusades to murder lots of muslims and jews (and few thousand christians who happen to get in the way and probably were sinners anyway). The second version is probably more exciting.

Imagine the movie - Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

Oh, wait....

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

Don't get me wrong, I love Sybil! I would have enjoyed her as a teacher, even if she was a few fries short of a happy meal.....

Oh, I loved her too, and actually had a teacher like her!
My high school history teacher.
She even muttered sometimes, my gosh, the memories. lol
Most of the time we had no idea what she was talking about, but boy, was she entertaining.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join