It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 40 Most Breathtaking Abandoned Places In The World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I saw this online and want to share it with everyone on ATS. I would to be able to travel to all of these places to say I witnessed them first hand. Church in St. Etienne, France is my favorite. I'm not religious at all but something about the water running through the church and the way the light comes through the windows makes this man made object look like the Earth is taking it back.

Here is the start of the list with the link if you want to see more:

A tree growing through an abandoned piano

Overgrown palace, Poland

In 1910, this grand palace was built as a home for Polish Royalty. The rest of the century proved uncertain for the country and under communist rule the palace became an agricultural school, as well as a home for mentally handicapped adults and children. The former palace was deserted following the fall of the USSR.

Jet Star Rollercoaster, Seaside Heights, New Jersey

The Jet Star Rollercoaster was left submerged in the Atlantic Ocean after Superstorm Sandy in 2013. It stood rusting for six months, until it was plucked from the sea.

Abandoned House in the Woods

Church in St. Etienne, France

An abandoned church with a few lingering parishioners, Netherlands

The rest of the pictures are really interesting and are definitely worth a look.

edit on 9/25/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

You should include my bedroom.

Very cool, thanx.

Edit - I love the first pic. the tree killing the piano is .....
edit on 25-9-2014 by boogeywoogey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: boogeywoogey

You should include my bedroom.

Very cool, thanx.

You're welcome.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I love the 'Abandoned House In The Woods'. I would live there. It's a fixer-upper. lol
Thanks for sharing

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

The abandoned house is so surreal. Like almost... haunting.

Absolutely cool, all of them thanks for sharing, s&f!

Kallisti

edit on Cpm3Thursday5420144430Thu, 25 Sep 2014 15:54:44 -05002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: cannot abide a typo

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Oh I love this one, absolutely stunning shot:

Church in the snow, Canada

Dang, pic's too big to show the whole thing. Clicky here for pic.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Truly interesting and captivating. I loved them all, but this one, obviously, stopped me dead in my scrolling tracks.

* See my signature
His story is a huge inspirational part of my life.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Incredible. I sometimes watch the videos where brave individuals or groups explore abandoned locations, and some of them are very interesting. One of my favorite is the video where the guys sneak into the naval graveyard and explore some of the vessels that were laid to rest there.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Those were all so beautiful. It just reminds us all everything we ever built will eventually be taken over by nature once again.

And the library in Russia seemed sad; all of that knowledge and wisdom brought on by our species is wasted in that building.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
Those were all so beautiful. It just reminds us all everything we ever built will eventually be taken over by nature once again.

And the library in Russia seemed sad; all of that knowledge and wisdom brought on by our species is wasted in that building.

Being a lover of books..the library choked me up as well.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I like this one!! It's here in FL. I wonder where and if I can claim it

This one is CREEEEPY!

AccessDenied the library one IS sad

I love books and seeing them scattered on the floor like that is just wrong. I would love to have them but I dont' speak or read Russian! I love books esp old ones. I love the history a single book can have.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied
I could've swore he was from WV. The movie based on him was: Into The Wild, with Emile Hersch, right?

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
While beautiful, some of the images are photoshopped or at least mislabeled.

The picture supposedly of the ruins of a church in St. Etienne France is definitely a composite of unrelated images. There is a ruined church in St. Etienne but it doesn't look like this. The lovely vaulted ceilings and pillars are actually the very much intact Cathédrale Saint-Étienne de Bourges, located in Bourges, France.

The caption for the Car Graveyard in Belgium is highly suspect given that most American soldiers would have been a little more concerned with things other than obtaining personal cars to drive around the Western Front in WW II. The cars in the pictures of the site are all post war, with many of them being from the '50s and '60s.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think the tree growing out of the piano is beautiful.
I wont to live in the house in the woods.
so ghothic

new topics

top topics

join