It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four Fireballs Seen Over Eastern US Within 24 Hours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Over the last 24 hours, the skies over the Eastern United States have been set ablaze by four fireball asteroids. Three of the fireballs actually happened within 1.5 hours of each other, which is unprecedented. In fact, the American Meteor Society has chimed in and stated, “It is rare that multiple significant fireball events occur and are reported to the AMS in the same evening. After analysis of the time, proximity of witnesses and pointing data gathered, it was determined that each event was unique. It is likely that several of these fireball events were captured on camera by the NASA fireball network.

article

Four Fire Balls Seen Failing Over East Coast US.

Very interesting. I'm surprised this hasn't been making very much news coverage. Thoughts ATS?

article
edit on 9/25/2014 by semperfortis because: The fireballs did not FAIL

edit on 25-9-2014 by Jenisiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Jenisiz
I saw a doozie of a shooting star last night, nothing I would call a fireball, but it went across the whole sky, rarely see ones that good during metoer showers when I look up for hours lol. Luck I was looking out at a weird looking star or something when it zoomed by me.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The annual pass through the Taurid meteror stream is coming up in a few weeks.
The taurids are known for spectacular fireballs.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
I saw a doozie of a shooting star last night, nothing I would call a fireball, but it went across the whole sky, rarely see ones that good during metoer showers when I look up for hours lol. Luck I was looking out at a weird looking star or something when it zoomed by me.

Ironic you said that...I saw one last night as well over in AZ.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Was around 12:30 atlantic canada time.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Considering the timing of events, coinciding with our irritating our enemies, I was immediately suspicious. So, I read several articles on it, and they all say things like: how that has never happened naturally before, so rare!, never seen so many inside that time frame before, etc.
They were nice enough to say that if anything, space junk or otherwise, is in the sky that lights up brighter than Jupiter, it is considered a fireball. Apparently, they seriously doubt this is a rock from space.
Doubt we will know what happened, but considering the locations... I have to wonder if those were aimed.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mrsdudara
Considering the timing of events, coinciding with our irritating our enemies, I was immediately suspicious. So, I read several articles on it, and they all say things like: how that has never happened naturally before, so rare!, never seen so many inside that time frame before, etc.
They were nice enough to say that if anything, space junk or otherwise, is in the sky that lights up brighter than Jupiter, it is considered a fireball. Apparently, they seriously doubt this is a rock from space.
Doubt we will know what happened, but considering the locations... I have to wonder if those were aimed.

My thoughts as well..."let's drop forged titanium rods from space on a target and say it's space junk". With the number of asteroids slipping by almost unnoticed until the last minute (Thanks for nothing NEO)... who's to say we don't latch thrusters on an object and turn it into a "not us" weapon.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Rods from God would be a terrible thing to behold! And I just have to say it... Niburu.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I posted about a magnificent fireball I watched this morning, at about five AM. It was huge, bright, and seemed rather close. I have never seen one like that before! It was close enough that I am wondering if it actually hit the ground.
In the last week, I have seen several meteors, though the others were more the kind we tend to call "shooting stars" very far away and short lived.

top topics

join